PDA

View Full Version : Ombre hair help?

09robiha
December 11th, 2013, 04:27 PM
So, I'm hoping someone can actually help me turn my idea into a reality, this i my current hair (sorry I can't figure out how to turn it round):

http://i44.tinypic.com/2hnqrgy.jpg

What I am basically wanting to do is to turn those black ends into awesome, colorful ends instead while they grow out! Maybe pink? I just have no idea how to go about it...

I was basically thinking of using something such as colour oops or colour B4 on the ends to get them back to a gingery-red colour and then popping some Manic panic over the top...would this work and look like an effective ombre? Would I just destroy my hair trying to do this? I intend to do it pretty slowly and use a protein treatment in-between...plus the ends are only going to get cut off in the end anyways, but I don't want them to be fried. Also how would I stop the pink bleeding into the blonde hair?

Thanks for all your help everyone!

misspurdy06
December 11th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me. Be careful and good luck!

Lyv
December 11th, 2013, 10:31 PM
I think it depends on how long you've had the black in you hair and how often you've colored it. I've used color oops a few times to pull dye out and it never pulls out all of the color for me. It lightens it a few shades but that's it. If the color you used is permanent chances are it has lightened the pigment in your actual hair color too even though it's black so if the dye comes out it may not go back to the color you had originally. The only way I've been able to get black out all the way is letting it fade some using color oops, vitamin c treatments and then a short bleach bath. If you want it to be a pink tint you might be able to get enough color out but if you want it bright you may have to bleach.

joflakes
December 12th, 2013, 12:25 AM
I'd probably start fading the ends before with vitamin c etc (have a google for the exact methods), then do lots of dc treatments and use a couple of colour oops or colour b4 on it, leaving time and again do treatments between them. Then assess it and maybe do a strand test with your dye and see how bright it Is. If it isn't bright enough, I have done a bleach bath with 6% peroxide and bleach before which really didn't damage my hair at all (that I could tell), but it certainly lifted it enough to get a brighter red. I have heard that the Joico DC treatments and reconstructer are good products if you are into cones. I use one by Dark and Lovely called cholesterol + which is a cone free one that works well.
Good luck! :flower: