PDA

View Full Version : not sure how to phrase this question?

bekahleigh
December 11th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Hi all, i'm not really sure how to title this, but I know what my question is lol. I'm starting exploring heatless curling methods, and with most, you spray your hair with water to get it damp before starting. Also, sometimes when my hair loses it's curl, getting it wet brings it back to life.

What I would like to know, is if there is anything I can add to my spray bottle to help nourish, or strengthen my hair when I spray it. I don't really like the thought of just spraying water in my hair when I could be spraying it with something healthier for it :) any tips or tricks?

sourgrl
December 11th, 2013, 12:18 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1064

bekahleigh
December 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Ohhhh.... so I could add a bit of my conditioner to it? I didn't know I could do that. Would love to do coconut oil but I would have to heat it up every time. Thanks for the link! I didn't find that when I searched the forum.

lapushka
December 11th, 2013, 12:28 PM
You can add conditioner, glycerine, aloe vera gel, ... whatever you want. Just make sure the main part is water, or the spray may get too heavy / greasy.

cupcakes
December 11th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I sometimes do rag curls while it is wet from a wash, which would eliminate the step of spraying anything.

askan
December 11th, 2013, 02:34 PM
How about oils? They would float on top of the water, wouldn't they?

Naiadryade
December 11th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I usually have some kind of herbal teas as the base instead of water (catnip, rose, rosemary, hibiscus, lavender are common for me)--still watery enough, but nourishing. And yeah, you can add other things like folks are saying. As for oils, including EO's, I always shake well immediately before spraying because they do float when allowed to settle.

bekahleigh
December 11th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I think for my first try i'm going to do a little bit if my favorite conditioner, with a drop of coconut oil mixed into it before I add it to the water. Hopefully if I mix the oil into the conditioner beforehand, it will help it not separate from the water as much.

biogirl87
December 11th, 2013, 07:24 PM
bekahleigh, this sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it works for you.

Ambystoma
December 11th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I set all my curls/wrapping at the moment with rosewater - it smells so pretty!

bekahleigh
December 14th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Well mixing the oil in the conditioner seemed to help a bit, but I was kind of heavy handed with the oil so it still separated. BUT it smells amazing and I like it :)

Ashflower89
December 14th, 2013, 06:54 AM
I LOVE putting It's a 10 Leave In Conditioner in my hair randomly through the day, just enough to dampen it which also brings my curls back to life like you said.