PDA

View Full Version : HELP - trying to remove manic panic

BowTie
December 11th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Okay, I love the colour. Very much. But I've dyed my hair like 3 times now (on my own) and I still can't get every hair covered. I don't have anyone to help me. I've used mirrors but there is always some spots that I forgot and then it looks okay down but I cant wear it up as those parts show then. I just cant seem to get it right. I've washed my hair a few times with dandruff shampoo, applied coconut oil, co-washed twice. Now I'm writing this with a shower cap on. I have lots of conditioner and coconut oil in my hair. I'm plannin to keep it as long as I can. I feel so stupid - can't even dye my hair. I'm very disappointed as I loved the colour but those spots drove me mad. I'm crying so much and panicking.

Of the Fae
December 11th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Vitamin C and Shampoo :) Multiple applications, one hour each. Good luck :)

panffle
December 11th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Why not try going to a salon? They can apply the dye for you, at least where I live they do if you bring the dye.
I have never used manic panic but I heard it fades after a few washes... Don't give it up yet, as you said you loved the color.

BowTie
December 11th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Why not try going to a salon? They can apply the dye for you, at least where I live they do if you bring the dye.
I have never used manic panic but I heard it fades after a few washes... Don't give it up yet, as you said you loved the color.

I'm moving country on friday so I'm too busy to go to salon.
I've basically given up :( I just hope I get most it off.

Lyv
December 11th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I'd say do a couple of vitamin c treatments. I couldn't get my manic panic out until after henna. In one of my album pics of my before henna you can still tell I had a bunch of pinkish red in it after doing vitamin c/bleach bath/color oops and oil treatments. It does eventually come out it just takes a while sometimes especially if you've gone over it a bunch of times. Some people it washes out in just a few washes and some are unlucky like me and it sticks like crazy.

BowTie
December 11th, 2013, 07:07 AM
I'd say do a couple of vitamin c treatments. I couldn't get my manic panic out until after henna. In one of my album pics of my before henna you can still tell I had a bunch of pinkish red in it after doing vitamin c/bleach bath/color oops and oil treatments. It does eventually come out it just takes a while sometimes especially if you've gone over it a bunch of times. Some people it washes out in just a few washes and some are unlucky like me and it sticks like crazy.

I'm afraid I'm the same as you :(

Scarlet_Heart
December 11th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Vitamin C treatments are pretty drying. I'd only do it if you are desperate to have the color out super fast. Manic panic is very temporary. It will fade out on it's own.

Before using VitC I would suggest trying some castile soap if you have it. It can be expensive, but Target has little travel-sized bottles for around $2. Dilute it to half strength and don't use too much. It can also be drying, so make sure to follow up with some conditioner and oil.

BowTie
December 11th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Okay... I decided that I will try again with the help of my partner. He told me where to put dye. Now I'm sitting here with the dye on again. I just love this colour.. I hope I got it everywhere now! I realised I won't get it off easily and those dandruffs shampoos are so drying :( Thumbs up I got it everywhere!

sarahthegemini
December 11th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I really want to shout "leave your hair alone, you're doing too much to it!!" :p

BowTie
December 11th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I really want to shout "leave your hair alone, you're doing too much to it!!" :p

Haha, I know, I want to shout that too. I'm going to leave it alone now as I finally got the colour I wanted. Finally everything is covered. It looks great. I'm going to do just co-washes for a while. Need to buy coconut oil.
I was stupid to try to remove this. I knew it wouldnt get out immediately. Now I'm going to enjoy my Ariel red hair treat my hair well and see it growing :D For some reason it looks longer with red hair :o I think this colour really suits me :)

joflakes
December 11th, 2013, 09:29 AM
I'm glad you got the results you wanted. Thebest way to ensure full dye coverage is to do it in sections, I usually make about six ponied off sections. I apply a lot of dye and then rub it in, then comb each section through as well. It hasn't failed me yet!

BowTie
December 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I'm glad you got the results you wanted. Thebest way to ensure full dye coverage is to do it in sections, I usually make about six ponied off sections. I apply a lot of dye and then rub it in, then comb each section through as well. It hasn't failed me yet!

Yeah, I should have done this! Well, it took me 4 times but I'm finally happy with it. This is what my hair needed and it's going to inspire me to keep growing :)

Fluffmitten
December 11th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I'm glad it worked this time, it's such a pretty colour :)

misspurdy06
December 12th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Ion Color Corrector. It says it's not for non-oxidative dyes but it worked well on my manic panic midnight blue.

before

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/258896_2033280159573_1471249053_32205965_6891572_o .jpg

After Ion Color Corrector + 10vol developer then next day revlon medium ash blonde.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/0824143132_01.jpg

browneyedsusan
December 12th, 2013, 05:41 AM
I always miss some places, and I've been doing my own henna for almost 2 years! It happens. Just go with it and pretend it was deliberate. :cheese:

BowTie
December 12th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Everything is okay now :)