PDA

View Full Version : Growth Progress - Motivational pictures for people with hair loss

Teufelchen
December 10th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I joined here in September 2009, but was a silent reader since May 2009.
In November 2008 my almost tailbone length hair was cut back to a V-shape cut with longest at APL and shortest at shoulder length.
In May 2009 I realized with almost BSL that I was missing my long hair and googled for tipps for faster hair growths. I read a lot and for the first time in my life I used a conditioner. I gave up chemical dye and switched to henna and indigo. (I am naturally dark brown with lots of grey and dye it black since I was 15)
My hair grew well down to Classic length until January 2012, when my thyroid issues kicked in, my hair stopped growing, and started to fall out. It took me til August 2013 to get over it.
So I decided to trim almost all growth this year.

Please bare in mind that I am still recovering from these issues and that I started with a deep V-shape when judging my hemmline. I know I have FTE, but I have to say I quite like them.

I just want to share my progress, so people in a similar situation have a motivation. It is hard to stay on the waggon, especially when everyone tells you to cut, but then you have thin and short hair, if you don't cut you still have thin hair, but it is long. I know that I really needed all motivation I could get to stay on the waggon and continue growing.

My shirt ends exactly at fingertip length
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7961&d=1386243583
zoomed in and with line to mark the ends of my hair.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7962&d=1386243585
For comparison my hair in December 2012
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8070&d=1386662465

Avital88
December 10th, 2013, 01:45 AM
i know about the pain of dealing with hairloss, i had a huge shed last year and after my hair recovered its now falling out again and from the front alot too this time :(
im really sad about this so your pics are motivational for sure.thanks for posting!
Was your hairloss medication related btw? because 20 months is a long time!
I am glad yours stopped now and hope that you are able to grow out all the new healthy hairs to longer lengths!

Teufelchen
December 10th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Thank you Avital88.
My thyroid got out of control and it took me 20 month to get it back under control. I now finally found the right meds for me. A combination of T3 and T4 hormones works best for me. But it took ages to figure that out.

Avital88
December 10th, 2013, 03:03 AM
You are welcome, its indeed a hassle to figure that out. Glad you find something thats is working for you and your hair now.

julee
December 10th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Thanks for posting this Teufelchen, your hair is beautiful and the ends are thickening up so nicely :) I have also dealt with thyroid issues ( way overactive) which made me lose a lot of hair. Now it is starting to grow back at last! Its so good to have some inspiration like this to keep growing, I am hoping one day for tailbone length.

Pamala513
December 10th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Thank you for sharing your story. I too have had 2 shedding losses due to thyroid problems as well. I am in recovery mode with my hair, but I did lose a couple of inches last month due to damaged ends.

rainfortheend
December 11th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Here's my hair loss album if you want to see me bounce back from the downward spiral of Accutane-induced hair loss:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/member/157188-sbowlchica/

Teufelchen
December 12th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Julee and Pamala513 I am so with you, but just keep growing, it does really get better.

julee
December 12th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Thankyou :blossom: I try to remember (whenever I feel like cutting) that it takes awhile for good health, better health habits etc, to show in hair.

Pamala513
December 12th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Thank you for the encouragement. It meas a lot !