PDA

View Full Version : tips for washing out oil treatment

bekahleigh
December 9th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Hi, i'm getting ready to wash out my 1/2 coconut 1/2 castor oil treatment, and just thought before I did, I would see if anyone has any tips or tricks that work well for them when they wash out an overnight treatment.

neko_kawaii
December 9th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Conditioner. I like mine diluted so it coats all the hair evenly without applying fist fulls. Put it on and leave it for about 20 minutes. Rinse out. Takes all the oil out like a breeze (unless you put the oil on by the cup full, in which case you may have to repeat the condish), and its a nice moisturizing treatment. You could even add some stuff and make it a SMT.

bekahleigh
December 9th, 2013, 03:38 PM
So don't use any of my shampoo? I use garnier fructis pure clean 2in1 shampoo and conditioner, and also the same brand just conditioner. It's done wonders for my hair since I switched, and a lot more gentle.

mariakatija
December 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM
I shampoo twice. But the conditioner method works as well. I am trying to use up my shampoo before I do the CO method. I'm sure you can use your 2 in 1 twice and it should work.

TheWhiteRabbit
December 9th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I just wash as normal and that works just fine as long as I haven't piled on the oil. I do CO.

Rio040113
December 9th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Seconding the conditioner tip from neko :) Works well for me every time.

bekahleigh
December 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I'm trying to slowly switch to co, so will probably be using my shampoo, and aussie 3 minute moist conditioner because I just realized i'm low on my regular conditioner. Good thing my sister called to chat before I hopped in or I would have been in there with no conditioner!

bekahleigh
December 11th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Conditioner. I like mine diluted so it coats all the hair evenly without applying fist fulls. Put it on and leave it for about 20 minutes. Rinse out. Takes all the oil out like a breeze (unless you put the oil on by the cup full, in which case you may have to repeat the condish), and its a nice moisturizing treatment. You could even add some stuff and make it a SMT.
How do you dilute your conditioner? I'm going to try just conditioner for removing the oil from my next treatment. Aso, I was thinking, shampoo once with my 1/2&1/2 shampoo and conditioner, then lather up with conditioner, and leave it in for 20 minutes, and see if that does the trick?

Applegirl84
December 12th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I find conditioner removes heavy oiling way better than shampoo. I usually apply diluted conditioner to my hair and keep it on for 20min then wash normally.

BlndeInDisguise
December 12th, 2013, 07:41 AM
I agree with everyone that recommended conditioner. It removes oil much, much better than shampoo, and somehow using shampoo twice seems rather counter productive after going to the work of oiling!

neko_kawaii
December 12th, 2013, 07:53 AM
How do you dilute your conditioner? I'm going to try just conditioner for removing the oil from my next treatment. Aso, I was thinking, shampoo once with my 1/2&1/2 shampoo and conditioner, then lather up with conditioner, and leave it in for 20 minutes, and see if that does the trick?

I save the last empty or nearly empty conditioner bottle and add water. Not sure how much water I add, I'm looking for a consistency that spreads easily but wont drip once it is sitting on my head.

I like the idea of apple cider vinegar bringing out the red in my hair, no idea if it actually works, but I'll also dilute condish with ACV and add some honey and aloe for fun. My hair seems to like it.

bekahleigh
December 12th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I left my conditioner in much longer this time, and it seemed to do a way better job of removing the oil than the first time I did it. Learning the right balance of cator/coconut oil is a little tricky, but i'm almost there.

midbackorbust
December 13th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Also remember: warm water, or else your coconut oil might melt on you :lol:

YamaMaya
December 13th, 2013, 04:14 AM
I tried washing oil out with shampoo, but it undid all the moisturizing of the oil treatment, so now I'm using conditioner to wash it out.

bekahleigh
December 14th, 2013, 01:25 AM
I noticed today that there was not any oily residue in my hair. Which is awesome because it means I got the right mixture this time and that I did good washing it out :)