PDA

View Full Version : Getting bangs/fringe to dry straight without heat?

teenerz
December 9th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Is there a way for me to get my fringe to dry straight without using heat? I usually blow them out or flat iron them, but I would like to eliminate heat from my hair routine completely if possible. My hair is very wavy, so if I just leave them to air dry without doing anything to them at all they end up looking a bit crazy!

HintOfMint
December 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Are you planning on growing out your bangs? If not, then any damage you incur from heat is going to be trimmed away in pretty short order. So you may just reserve heat for your bangs and you could be totally okay.

spidermom
December 9th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I use heat on mine without worry because of what HintofMint said, but I can also push them kind of back and off to one side with gel, and they make a pretty wave that stays in place as long as I don't run fingers or a comb through them.

teenerz
December 9th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I'm not planning to grow them out just yet and they do grow pretty fast, so I guess any heat damage wouldn't be a big deal. I just feel guilty every time I bust out the flat iron, but I've been trying to use it only minimally (I use the blow dryer primarily unless they really don't behave for some reason) so I guess I shouldn't feel so bad. Thank you! :)

Yozhik
December 9th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I don't know how long your bangs are, but could you pin them back? That's how I get my long bangs/face framing layers to dry relatively straight, if that's the look I'm going for. :)

Bagginslover
December 10th, 2013, 02:21 AM
what about a big velcro roller? Normally they'd be a big no-no on here, but for bangs that grow out so fast, the damage would be trimmed away so quickly.

Lyv
December 10th, 2013, 03:40 AM
When my bangs where shorter I just brushed them straight as they air dried. Mine tended to fluff up too much when I used a hair dryer on them.

joflakes
December 10th, 2013, 07:25 AM
I have no other ideas as I have the same issue but I sympathise!