PDA

View Full Version : I just dyed my hair with Manic Panic (pics)

BowTie
December 9th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I finally had guts to do it!
I used this colour called infra red. I love the results :o
What do you think?

http://i39.tinypic.com/2m4sraw.jpghttp://i40.tinypic.com/90njit.jpghttp://i39.tinypic.com/kedb1l.jpg

Anje
December 9th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Fun! Looks nice on you, too!

muddblood21
December 9th, 2013, 12:31 PM
It turned out lovely! :D

browneyedsusan
December 9th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Very nice! :thumbsup:

BowTie
December 9th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Thank you! Here is another pic =)
http://i41.tinypic.com/rjm81f.jpg

spidermom
December 9th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Very good red on you, enjoy.

swearnsue
December 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Looks great! Very nice color on you!

BowTie
December 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Very good red on you, enjoy.

Thank you. It was hard to choose but I chose right :)

biogirl87
December 9th, 2013, 01:09 PM
BowTie, I think the color turned out nicely for you.

Also, I just wanted to mention this in case you did not know this. If you use the BB code, you do not need to use the "insert image" icon as the BB code will already have the IMG tags in it.

BowTie
December 9th, 2013, 01:18 PM
BowTie, I think the color turned out nicely for you.

Also, I just wanted to mention this in case you did not know this. If you use the BB code, you do not need to use the "insert image" icon as the BB code will already have the IMG tags in it.

Thank you! Haha thanks for telling me, I'm very bad with things like that :)

biogirl87
December 9th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Thank you! Haha thanks for telling me, I'm very bad with things like that :)Not a problem, it took me time to figure this out too. I guess I started realizing that you do not have to use the "insert image" icon when you use the BB code when I started noticing the IMG tags around the pictures I posted when I would use the BB code with the "insert image" icon. Now, I find it not necessary if I use the BB code as I just paste the BB code into my post where I want to include the picture.

RegretsHerCut
December 9th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Wow I love it ! I wish I could pull it off !

BowTie
December 9th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Not a problem, it took me time to figure this out too. I guess I started realizing that you do not have to use the "insert image" icon when you use the BB code when I started noticing the IMG tags around the pictures I posted when I would use the BB code with the "insert image" icon. Now, I find it not necessary if I use the BB code as I just paste the BB code into my post where I want to include the picture.

It was good you told me, no worries :)

RegretsHerCut: Thank you :)

stachelbeere
December 9th, 2013, 02:03 PM
great success! :D

BowTie
December 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I'm so happy with my hair! This is the colour I excactly wanted to see and try :) I've had red hair before but more like coppery shades. I like them but I like this more :)

BowTie
December 9th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Just a quick question for people who have used this dye: How long it has lasted in your hair? I absolutely love this colourand don't want to lose it fast :D
I've got so many nice compliments from people irl too :)

TheWhiteRabbit
December 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Its kind of hard to tell how red it is because of the quality of the pictures but it flatters your face. Very nice.

BowTie
December 9th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Its kind of hard to tell how red it is because of the quality of the pictures but it flatters your face. Very nice.

Sorry, I only have my tablet to take pics. It's a bit darker in real life though. Dependng on the lightning it looks more darker/brighter. But yeah it's proper RED :D

jacqueline101
December 9th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Looks great. I hope you enjoy it.

BlazingHeart
December 9th, 2013, 06:40 PM
What a fun color!

I'm thinking it hung around for something like 20 washes, but the last time I used any dye was a decade ago. If you want to, you can put some Manic Panic in your conditioner. Then, you get a touch-up every time you wash your hair. You just need to leave it in for 10-15 minutes, so if you wash, condition, put it up, and then take care of washing your body, shaving, etc, you should be good.

Kherome
December 9th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Lookin' good!

Brileeka
December 9th, 2013, 06:47 PM
I love it! I think it turned out great

bekahleigh
December 9th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Looks great!

slynr
December 9th, 2013, 07:02 PM
What a fun flattering color on you! Beautiful;)

RainbowBowser
December 9th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Looks great! And I found Manic Panic lasted 2 weeks before it mostly faded out (I was daily washing, wash less = colour keeps longer)

BowTie
December 10th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Thank you guys! I just realised the dye didn't get anywhere (just a few small parts) I'm just wondering but can I apply colour in those parts without washing my hair first? I shampooed my hair yesterday so it should be fairly clean.
The colour has changed a bit brighter :)

BowTie
December 10th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Well, I just did it. I'm very happy with the results. I just realised my red is like Disney Ariel red :D

flemeister
December 10th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Love it, before and after! :inlove:

My two favourite hair colours, blonde (any shade) and dark-ish red. :cloud9:

BrightEyes
December 10th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Your hair looks great!! :)

BowTie
December 10th, 2013, 06:00 AM
flemeister: They're my favourite hair colours too :D

joflakes
December 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Aww, that suits you really well! Well done on your choice, it was a good one!

Anje
December 10th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Just a quick question for people who have used this dye: How long it has lasted in your hair? I absolutely love this colourand don't want to lose it fast :D
I've got so many nice compliments from people irl too :)
My hair's fairly dark, so how long it shows up on me isn't going to be the same as for you, especially since your hair color has been lightened (which seems to help it stick better as well as be brighter).

There are some tricks to maximizing how long it lasts. Choose as many as you can stand:
Wash less frequently, wash with the coldest water possible (ack!), mix a dollop of dye in your conditioner, CO washing > Sulfate-free shampoo > dilute normal shampoo > normal shampoo

If you're really hooked, there are a few other brands that last longer than Manic Panic, which seems geared for people who want to change colors frequently, given how quick it fades.

BowTie
December 10th, 2013, 09:01 AM
It feels a bit strange as I've been bottle blonde for over a year! But I'm still loving this colour very much :)
Here's a pic that I think shows the colour very well
http://i44.tinypic.com/2j2yk2x.jpg

Anje, thank you. I try to follow these rules :) I hate cold showers though :D

Lilybeany
December 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM
:joy:Oh Wow..wow and wow.I seriously love it.I did that similar colour over my blonde hair years ago.It lasted well.It's a really super colour,and Dec goes with your skin tone.You glow.Great choice.It's so exciting seeing and doing a colour isn't it?,and even better when it comes out so good.Well done to you.Bet you a look pleased.

BowTie
December 10th, 2013, 09:33 AM
:joy:Oh Wow..wow and wow.I seriously love it.I did that similar colour over my blonde hair years ago.It lasted well.It's a really super colour,and Dec goes with your skin tone.You glow.Great choice.It's so exciting seeing and doing a colour isn't it?,and even better when it comes out so good.Well done to you.Bet you a look pleased.

Aww thank you :) I spent like 20 minutes in the store looking at the dyes. It was very hard to choose between Infra Red and Vampire Red. I knew I definitely wanted dark red and nothing else. I find dark red is dramatic but not as dramatic as blues or greens:D I mean quite many peoole have dark red hair. My inspiration was Ariel and my classmate who has gorgeous long, dark red hair.

I agree it really makes me glow :) I was afraid I would have to use tons of make-up. Fortunately I was wrong, I'm okay with a bit of blush, eyeliner, mascara
I'm sorry for talking so much about it. I just love it :D

Lilybeany
December 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Aww thank you :) I spent like 20 minutes in the store looking at the dyes. It was very hard to choose between Infra Red and Vampire Red. I knew I definitely wanted dark red and nothing else. I find dark red is dramatic but not as dramatic as blues or greens:D I mean quite many peoole have dark red hair. My inspiration was Ariel and my classmate who has gorgeous long, dark red hair.

I agree it really makes me glow :) I was afraid I would have to use tons of make-up. Fortunately I was wrong, I'm okay with a bit of blush, eyeliner, mascara
I'm sorry for talking so much about it. I just love it :D Talk as much as you want.It desevers it, and more photos. Show it off.I used to love waking up to a new colour.It's like a mini xmas present to yourself lol. Bet you keep looking at it mirror?,I know I would if I were you. Enjoy it. More photos please....

BowTie
December 10th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Talk as much as you want.It desevers it, and more photos. Show it off.I used to love waking up to a new colour.It's like a mini xmas present to yourself lol. Bet you keep looking at it mirror?,I know I would if I were you. Enjoy it. More photos please....

Thank you. You are so kind =) Yes, I keep looking at every mirror possible.. drives my partner crazy!

Lilybeany
December 10th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Thank you. You are so kind =) Yes, I keep looking at every mirror possible.. drives my partner crazy!.How funny...fun though.Partners don't always get it?'' Do they. My son says mum stop! Going on about your hair..bless him..Bet you've looked in all mirrors and lighting.Bet the colour really shines.

EvilPigeon
December 10th, 2013, 12:52 PM
It looks great! The color compliments your skin tone & your eyes quite nicely :)

BowTie
December 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Lilybeany: Yes, I love the shine ♥
EvilPigeon: Thank you:)