PDA

View Full Version : "I vow to never cut my hair again!" challenge

Pages : 1 [2]

Reyn127
May 13th, 2017, 08:50 PM
It's funny, I was just thinking about how I could probably easily manage to not cut my hair for the next three years, and then I came on LHC and my browsing brought me here!... I figure, my ends will probably still be in ok condition if I keep up with S&D, and I don't really mind my hair fairytailing, so I may as well take the vow! This should get me somewhere around mid-thigh or near knee by the middle of 2020!

I do solemnly vow, to that which I value and hold most dear
That for three long years I shall not chop off my lovely mane,
even if it turns into a miserable woeful mop at times.
That above all else I will serve the highest interests of my magical strands with tender care and love and dimes.
If I do then shall shame and sorrow be upon me until the angel of hair absolves me.
I make this vow freely and upon my honor in front of my peers and my fellow long hair warriors.

torosaurus
May 15th, 2017, 05:07 PM
This is so great!

After a terrible haircut at the worst salon ever on my birthday (she lopped off three and a half inches-- taking me from BSL to APL again, and destroying my carefully styled bangs,) I've decided to swear off salons--probably because I've been traumatized.

I'm going to see where I am in one year. No bleach, no color, and no heat styling. Lots of braids and of course, oil treatments. I may do a small trim (1 inch or less) at that time to get rid of some remaining damage, but otherwise I will just go for another year. My ultimate goal is only hip length! If I can grow 6 inches in a year, I hope that HBL will be my future in two years. Wish me luck!

lunasea
May 15th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Haven't cut my hair since 6/19/14 so am approaching 3 years. Currently at waist but lots of damage on the ends (dye, heat). Hair is thin to begin with and the damaged part (from BSL down) is pretty transparent. Think about cutting but can do a lot now that I couldn't do with shorter hair and no guarantee ends will be thicker if cut and grown out so I'm sitting tight. May cut after the undamaged part reaches waist.

Andthetalltrees
May 15th, 2017, 06:22 PM
It's been over a year for me now, I could see me not cutting my hair for many more years. At this point I think I might just find a zen place of letting it grow until it's the length I want to stay at(or as long as it wants to, Did I suggest terminal? :cool:) unless some circumstance forces me into it or I just get tired.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
May 16th, 2017, 12:21 AM
Haven't cut my hair since 6/19/14 so am approaching 3 years. Currently at waist but lots of damage on the ends (dye, heat). Hair is thin to begin with and the damaged part (from BSL down) is pretty transparent. Think about cutting but can do a lot now that I couldn't do with shorter hair and no guarantee ends will be thicker if cut and grown out so I'm sitting tight. May cut after the undamaged part reaches waist.

Well done:toast:
You can maybe micro trims your ends every three months so that your ends feel better. Also regularly deep treating the ends could help nurse those damage ends.

Dark40
May 16th, 2017, 05:24 PM
I'm in. I'm already in the no trims first and committing to the second half 2017. To the stars....😃 I'm not "cutting." You have my word.

Me too are also in the no trimming challenge for the whole year of 2017. I haven't trimmed since November of 2016. So, I know that I can do this challenge! :)

*Wednesday*
May 17th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Me too are also in the no trimming challenge for the whole year of 2017. I haven't trimmed since November of 2016. So, I know that I can do this challenge! :)

Me too. We got this 😉

yahirwaO.o
August 10th, 2017, 06:08 PM
I want to finally join this. Im so tired of my cutting the back mullet and getting rid of layers that honestly I truly deeply miss my long hair.

As I have embraced minimalist living and don't want to continue my obssesion with a perfect blunt hemline, thick ends or fuller hair (after a couple of scalp accidents) I decided to just let it go at least for a year and maybe more if not ever cut it again.

My hair has been growing nicely and embracing darker clothes and less clutter might conceal all my own imperfections of my fine hair and focus on other important aspects in life!

So yeah I won´t touch my scissors any time soon!!!!!! :)

SnowDancer
August 18th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Joining!

I cut a decent amount of damage off around April and though it needed to go, I honestly felt like my hair hurt afterwards. I know that sounds weird but I could tell the difference in weight (I have heavy hair) and I did not like it. Please tell me that's happened to someone else. lol.
I'm sure I'll trim the damage a little more at some point but no more big chops for me.

Xan
August 18th, 2017, 10:51 PM
I just finished looking at long hair pins on Pinterest. Hubby was looking over my shoulder and saw a head of hair that looks like mine. This hair was ankle length. Hubby had stars in his eyes-that's how long he'd like to see my hair.

2 years ago I was at 42" and cut back to 32" so regretted it always wanted super long now I'm at 44" and this time trying to grow for it imagine if I didn't cut the first time or second time I would be at ankle by now if it would grow that long. I hear you though it gets tangled and I want to go shorter. But I'm at the longest it's ever been and I would love to see knee to ankle so I will try to keep growing. Don't give up you know you want the super long hair.

Xan
August 18th, 2017, 10:58 PM
Please don't I did this was the post I meant to say grow don't stop will be a support group for each other. I going for the long haul. I hope to grow to knee or ankle so lovely.

Xan
August 18th, 2017, 11:22 PM
I'm changing my challenge. I committed myself to 10 years. I am now extending this to when I reach floor length if it's possible. I had set a goal for knee length, but Hubby and I want floor length hair.

I totally hear you when I started I wanted waist but the longer it gets the longer I want it thought knee but why not to the floor let's do it.

hanne jensen
December 28th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Bumping this challenge. I've reached BCL and my hemline is thin and scraggly so I will be dusting every month 1.5 cm. I'll still have some growth. I really need to tidy up my hemline or my hair will start breaking off. 1.5 cm is still way under an inch.

Dark40
December 28th, 2018, 01:26 PM
I'm in. I can do this. Before I joinee LHC I would always cut and maintain at SL, and often wondered why wasn't my hair growing. Now, I know why, and I would always regret it afterwards. I vow not to ever cut my hair again.

Cate36
December 28th, 2018, 01:46 PM
I'm in. I can do this. Before I joined LHC I would always cut and maintain at SL, and often wondered why wasn't my hair growing. Now, I know why, and I would always regret it afterwards. I vow not to ever cut my hair again.

I'm in too!

SwanFeathers
December 28th, 2018, 01:50 PM
I love this idea! It lets people trim for healthy ends but prevents the tragedy of an impulsive style change. I'm 3 years without a big chop going on forever!

Flossiebell
December 28th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Oooh I’m in too! Have had too many big chops I’ve regretted instantly.....no more! 😀

Joules
December 29th, 2018, 08:53 AM
I have trouble staying away from scissors for 6 months, what kind of "forever" are you talking about?? :rollin:

All you guys who can go without trims for multiple years, I appaud you :applause

Alibran
December 29th, 2018, 09:35 AM
The #1 rule is: No big chops (more than 1 inch is big)

So, we can do this as long as we only cut half an inch a month? ;)

SwanFeathers
December 29th, 2018, 10:34 AM
So, we can do this as long as we only cut half an inch a month? ;)

Yes. The idea is to keep your long hair, whether or not you grow it even longer is up to you. This is basically to stop us from getting frustrated with it or being enamored with a cute short hairstyle and hacking off all our hard work.

Reservechic
December 29th, 2018, 01:26 PM
I haven't trimmed my hair in over 8+ years. I have the type of hair, that even though it's not one length all over, however, I thought that I would stop cutting my hair, and only do trims if and when my hair may be in dire need of such. My hair hasn't been in dire need of such for honestly a very long time and I attribute this to finding a hair care regimen that works and the use of glycerin based products. Glycerin is the best ingredient at keeping my hair moisturizer than anything else out there. Which is why, I predominantly started to mostly stick with using products that have glycerin in it that my hair loves and to keep such in heavy rotation. Also, I would like to add, that my mother's mom (while she was alive) never trimmed her own hair, and her hair actually hung on the floor after she would undo it from being in a bun (which was the main way that she kept her hair-burned up approx. 98% of the time. So, I figured that I would just keep letting my hair grow and just let it do its own thing. Which is where I currently am at in my hair journey. I will be going into 2019 without having taken a pair of shears to my hair to cut or trim it at all this year. I decided to stop worrying so much about my hair and just let it flourish and do it's thing, just like my grandma did.

The only time that my hair was being frequently trimmed was when I was going to the hair salon on a regular basis. And, getting trims done every week or every 2 weeks, I now realize wasn't needed, but the hair stylist that I have ever gone to it was just how they regularly conducted business when doing their clients hair. So, I just went with the flow, as I didn't know any better at that time. But, now, I do.

Dark40
December 29th, 2018, 01:45 PM
I'm in too!

I'm glad you're in too! :) Now, let's do this together!

lapushka
December 29th, 2018, 02:30 PM
I think this is a nice overall challenge for those microtrimming. But I think, for me personally, I prefer the no-trimming challenges. I like to "only" cut my hair once a year - if at all, to retain max. growth. This time it is going to be over 2 years since I last trimmed. I'm going to be trimming Jan. 5th next year and I'll be taking off 1 inch, that's it. :)

AmaryllisRed
December 29th, 2018, 03:21 PM
I think this is a nice overall challenge for those microtrimming. But I think, for me personally, I prefer the no-trimming challenges. I like to "only" cut my hair once a year - if at all, to retain max. growth. This time it is going to be over 2 years since I last trimmed. I'm going to be trimming Jan. 5th next year and I'll be taking off 1 inch, that's it. :)

Me, too. I like to trim as infrequently as possible. If I had permission to trim as long as it was less than 1", I'd have nowhere near the length I have now.