PDA

View Full Version : December Hairstyle of the month

Yedda
December 8th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Hello,

When will the December hairstyle of the month be released? I was looking forward to trying this time, and with my hairstyling skills, I may need all month to get it down!

:)

neko_kawaii
December 8th, 2013, 04:30 PM
*also waits very patiently*

Gumball
December 8th, 2013, 04:51 PM
:laugh: Good call. Let me dig something up so we can get December's started!

While we're here, and I've brought this up with some of the mod team, too, just as chatterr I have a question related to the styles of the month and would love some additional input.

The further we go along the HSoTM route, the more styles end up being covered, and in order to avoid outright scraping the bottom of the barrel, would anybody be opposed to an occasional "hairstyle challenge" or something along those lines?

What I mean by that is to not only get someone to try a style, but to help people get inspiration to modify those styles and see what else is possible.

Example: Pigtails have been a previous HSoTM. Two braids. Straightforward, fairly simple, and then it's checked off the list.

If we later made a challenge, we could borrow it as a base and then suggest that users do something with two braids, not just leave them hanging down as pigtails, and leave it delightfully ambiguous to see what people can come up with. Sure, it may cross over to other styles (Milkmaid/Heidi braids), but that's just one possibility that could come of it.

Thoughts? :)

Quixii
December 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Gumball, I'd say go with whatever works. :) I'd much rather see something similar continue than to have it stop because you've run out of ideas.

biogirl87
December 8th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Gumball, I'd say go with whatever works. :) I'd much rather see something similar continue than to have it stop because you've run out of ideas.Seconding this. Another idea would be to start something where each the partcipants are asked to incorporate one of the hairstyle tricks into their hairstyle somehow. I do not know if this makes sense, but what I am thinking is along the lines of what you suggested in your paragraph starting with "If we later made a challenge . . . ".

neko_kawaii
December 8th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Thank you Gumball! Bee Butt Bun here we come!

Yedda
December 9th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Thanks Gumball. :) I had to look up the bee's butt bun as I've never heard of it, but I'll give it a try I think!

Regarding the duplicates or challenges, I think either would work out well. I don't think there is anything wrong with duplicates, especially when they are spaced out several months. I wouldn't mind seeing a repeat! But I also like the idea of the challenges (as long as they aren't so intricate that only a couple people could do them.)

So either way, I'm sure we'll have fun!:agree: