PDA

View Full Version : Bangs? O.o Or shouldn't I?

Springpaw
December 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Hi!

Maybe you're tired of these "would bangs fit me?", but I don't care :P

I've been thinking about cutting my hair for a few months now... But I'm still going a little back and forth, so nothing is set in stone! But an opinion would be nice :)
My hair is kind of thin, so no blunt bangs! But maybe side swept?

Soo - to the pictures!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8051&d=1386521100
This one is a couple of years old, but that's the lenght I'm thinking about.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8052&d=1386521355
This one is even older.. But what about bangs?

I didn't manage to upload a picture of my hair as it is now, but it's about BSL.

I'm grateful for any kind of comment! :)

millyaulait
December 8th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I think side swept would be really nice on you! As someone with thin hair & bangs I couldn't get 'full' bangs to work for me, but sideswept often look really nice with the wispy texture of fine hair. :)

spidermom
December 8th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Wispy bangs would be nice, I think.

lapushka
December 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
If you're a wavy or curly at all (not sure from looking at the pictures), then bangs are horrible to take care of (need constant straightening to look good).

woolyleprechaun
December 8th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I second above! A wavy/curly fringe is an absolute nightmare to style. I've tried it a few times and ended up pinning the bangs up in frustration...kind of defying the object ;)

SThr
December 8th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I really like bangs, and had them for a long time, but before you cut them, consider the time it's going to take to grow them back out. Odds are you won't want to keep them forever, and they can be a real pain at some lengths.
^All of this is being typed with my 'mustache length' wavy bangs falling into my eyes.^

Springpaw
December 8th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I think I'm a 2a or something, but i can easily comb out any kind of curls, so I don't think it would be a problem :)
I already kind of have wispy bangs on the sides already due to breakage, and they're no problem to style at all :P

Yeah I get what you're saying wooleyprechaun! The times I've had shorter hair I get super frustrated if I get hair in my eyes, so I usually just stick with a hair band until it's long enough to put in i ponytail :P

But maybe it really would be best to just cut ita bit first and then see if I wanted to cut more..

Almendra
December 8th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I'd like to know if you ever had bangs before and what is your type of hair. Like other people say wipsy bangs will suit you very well, but if your hair is very curly or wavy when it's short, I don't know. Anyway, you have a very pretty face and I think bangs will help you to bring out your eyes.

ETA: I post my comment before see yours :p
if you don't have problems to styling the bangs and you feel secure then, go for it :)

cranberrymoonz
December 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM
For your face shape (oval or diamond?) any kind of bangs will probably look good. But if your hair is thin, it's best to find a bang style that doesn't take up too much hair. Maybe try longer side swept bangs first. They are easy to grow out if you change your mind.

SaffronK
December 8th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I think it's best to decide why you want the bangs, or what you want to achieve. I went back and forth for years before taking the plunge. I have a very large, rectangular, angular face and my goal was to soften that and make my face look smaller (I have a ridiculously large head). Bangs are also higher maintenance, I usually wrap mine around a large velcro roller after washing and let them dry naturally. If you have very curly hair, it may be trickier to get them to lay properly. I like the side swept look myself. You may need to experiment a bit like I did, I wound up cutting them deeper than I did initially, I was too timid at first. They do improve my look, make my hair look more stylish, and bring attention to my eyes.

I also experimented with brushing my hair forward over my forehead and tucking it behind an ear to see how I would like it. And you can get clip in fake bangs on ebay if you want to try them before you make the big snip. Good luck to you!

thirstylocks
December 8th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I like bangs, and I've had them, but keep in mind that growing them out can sometimes be a nightmare (especially if your hair isn't straight).

Johannah
December 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Wispy bangs would be nice, I think.

I agree. :o

Springpaw
December 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all the great comments!

I'm gonna wait a little while before deciding.. But it's good to know what unbiased people think! :)

LauraLongLocks
December 8th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I think YES to bangs, if you have straight hair. And, unlike everyone else, I would go with blunt-cut bangs, even if it does take a bit of hair from your overall thickness.

Valorie
December 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I think they would look nice. I have them now though and just cannot stick with the grow out! So, that said, your hair looks very nice without, too. But it is a way to have some sort of variation without cutting (a lot of ) length.

Elanadi
December 9th, 2013, 12:36 AM
I like wispy or side swept bangs, I think they would look lovely on you! I have had short bangs most of my life, and recently grew them out. I'm just now at the tuck behind my ear stage, and I kind of like them at that length. I didn't find the growing out period overly painful, and was totally worth it to have fun short bangs. :)

Tini'sNewHair
December 9th, 2013, 03:17 AM
You would look great with bangs. Just a note from my experience, the only time my hair is actually straight and behaves is when i let it grow BSL and longer and I actually had to use my straightner to keep my bangs looking normal (my bangs are now APL and I no longer have any problems, i doubt i will ever go for bangs again because of the upkeep).

browneyedsusan
December 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM
IMHO, you're a pretty girl whether you wear bangs or not.
Have you worn bangs before? Did you like them?
It might be a way to change up your look without having a full-on haircut? They're not too onerous to grow out. :D

I've had bangs, but they BUG me! It seems like they're the perfect length for about 2 days, then too long and getting in my eyes, or--if I trim them--too short! grr! So, even though I look better with regular bangs--I have a high hairline--, I've grown them out and plan to keep the front layers around chin length. They're long enough to work into updos, but short enough to wear loose around my face if I want.

Ashflower89
December 10th, 2013, 06:00 AM
I know the bangs decision can be rough, so here's what I did to help me decide a few years ago:

If your hair's long enough, take a wide section right from the back of your crown and fold it right in front of your head like you're making fake bangs. This will probably look weird and stupid(definitely brush it down), but if you pull the hair up further or angle it, and then hold it flat to your head with a pin or just your hand, it can actually look pretty close to real bangs. I did that once and decided to go for them, and when I did get the bangs, the look was pretty close to the weird fake method lol.

Seeshami
December 10th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I will never get tired of saying this:

CLIP IN. Try them out. Buy some cheaper long ones. Trim them, side sweep them, blunt them and when your done playing toss them and do what you found works the most beautiful.