PDA

View Full Version : shaved it off...

ikke1978
December 8th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Hi all,

I have some auto-immune problems.. alopecia and thyroid hashimoto. As a consequence i have been losing my hair for three years on and off. And lately it grows back one cm and falls out again. I decided to shave it, because i can't stand the loss.

I am going to start thyroid medication in two weeks and hope it will help some of my hair loss..

I feel like a boy now, but i need to learn to embrace myself even with short hair.. ALthough, i still dream it will come back again thick. I did a biopsy and it confirmed that my follicles are all still good, so it can all grow back... when my sysem is back on track!!

I want it to grow back healthy again and try to grow it to a pixie haircut...

I include picture of what it looks like now... i don't like it and my hair grows extremely slow, but i just need to get passed this stage i guess.

Hoping a picxie-cut that is a bit longer will look nice.. what do you think? Can i go out without a cap or a hat??

Charybdis
December 8th, 2013, 08:36 AM
You look adorable! You are rocking that pixie.

Agnieszka
December 8th, 2013, 08:41 AM
It looks great! Very fashionable and professional. I know it's not what you want right now but keep rocking it because it looks really edgy and nice. You have beautiful face and with this smile you would look great in any length. All the best with your condition.

nicecupoftea
December 8th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I know it's a big change but you look really beautiful with short hair! You have a really feminine heart-shaped face so there's no way you look "boy like".

Do whatever you feel most comfortable with but personally I'd say show off your new cut. Maybe you'll start to enjoy your new pixie, then when you're ready to start growing again it will be thick and healthy :)

Lyv
December 8th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I don't think you look boyish at all! You have a great face for a very short cut!

Peggy E.
December 8th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Oh, how beautiful your style highlights your gorgeous eyes!

Enjoy this and every step along the way to good health. And, please, don't wear a hat because you are afraid to show your hair - show it off with confidence, it looks amazing!

Kaelee
December 8th, 2013, 08:48 AM
It looks great!!!!!! I love pixie cuts, but never thought I looked particularly good with one. I adore it on you though, so cute!

ositarosita
December 8th, 2013, 08:49 AM
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING ... you have amazing bone structure and those eyes ... you will look stunning no matter what happens

Magalo
December 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Hum, what?? You look extremely cute with short hair!!! You definetly have the cute face to pull it off! It really suits you! :o

Bruiser
December 8th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Your really cute with short hair

DweamGoiL
December 8th, 2013, 09:01 AM
It really brings out your eyes and it does look adorable :)

truepeacenik
December 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
No need for a cap, unless you are cold!

Your eyes and cheekbones just shine through.

No boy here, maybe a touch of sexy androgyny. Love it now, and enjoy the journey you get.

ikke1978
December 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
thanks... you are all so sweet, but i feel a bit like i am going in the millitary army.. hahaha...

I don't mind pixie (had that before), but what makes me feel boyings is that the sides are shaved shorter than top.. But i guess i am just in the getting used to it phase..
I really do hope my thyroid meds will help me, because i keep on losing hair..

panffle
December 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM
You look lovely with short hair! Plus with your eye makeup, it really makes your eyes stand out :)
I had a thyroid disease too, and after starting medication it took about a year for my hair to feel like it was before... But eventually it did! So I hope the treatment works for you as well and you can have beautiful long hair!

Hairheart
December 8th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I just have to chime in that you look great in that haircut! So cute! You have nothing to worry about. And since I know all about how it is to have hair loss, it must feel so great not to have all those long strands tickling like spider legs when they come loose, clinging everywhere or clogging the shower drain.

leslissocool
December 8th, 2013, 10:21 AM
You look so stunning! It brings out your eyes like no other hairstyle!

I say rock it, it suits you well.

patienceneeded
December 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM
You look beautiful! You're face is perfect for that cut. It will look stunning as a longer pixie as well. Rock that cut with confidence, you look amazing!

Crumpet
December 8th, 2013, 11:45 AM
You look gorgeous! I think it suits you. I love pixies on delicate faces and yours is perfect. PLUS, those eyes (sigh). You look amazing!

Kherome
December 8th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I think it looks amazing! If I looked like that in short hair, I'd totally have short hair.

ikke1978
December 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM
You look lovely with short hair! Plus with your eye makeup, it really makes your eyes stand out :)
I had a thyroid disease too, and after starting medication it took about a year for my hair to feel like it was before... But eventually it did! So I hope the treatment works for you as well and you can have beautiful long hair!

so good to read that your thyroid medication helped with your hair.. even if i have to wait a year.. that is fine.. as long as i know it can come back...

joflakes
December 8th, 2013, 12:18 PM
It'll help, I'm sure. In the meantime, be happy because everyone else thinks you look awesome with your short hair! :D

KittyBird
December 8th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I think you look beautiful, like a fairy! The short cut really makes your big, gorgeous eyes stand out. :D
If you feel boyish, you could add a few decorative bobby-pins. Maybe kanzashi, if that's your style? I bought some really gorgeous ones from MountainMusings on Etsy.

turtlelover
December 8th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I'm not a short hair person, and even *I* like short hair on you! You rock it!

slynr
December 8th, 2013, 01:13 PM
You look very beautiful and you have the features to carry off that look. Its actually very flattering. I'm sorry about the health problems that required the cut and hopefully as that is more successfully treated you can grow your hair to the length you are comfortable with. At least for the time being you look very much like a feminine beautiful woman:)

koolkittychick
December 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM
You definitely have the bone structure to rock that cut. High cheekbones and an adorable chin dimple. I say wear your pixie with pride, and good luck growing your hair out. :)

ikke1978
December 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM
thanks all... sweet..

olivelover
December 8th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Hey, I think that looks very, very nice, and very feminine an charming! And I wish you the best of luck growing it back, but really, you look wonderful that way, I really mean it.
Cheers :)

UPD: and also, I loooooove the combination of super short hair and a dress. I think it just looks so flattering :)

jeanniet
December 8th, 2013, 03:07 PM
You look adorable! I wouldn't worry at all about going out without a hat or scarf (unless it's cold, of course). You can really carry off ultra-short hair beautifully.

duchess67
December 8th, 2013, 03:20 PM
You look cute in that pixie cut, really suits you! And of course you can go out without a hat or a scarf unless if it is freezing outside.

Rio040113
December 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I have to agree with everyone else and this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of short hair at all, you really do look amazing :)

makeminea99
December 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM
^^^ what they all said! :D you look lovely with your hair short, don't hide it unless you have to because of the weather! I hope that your thyroid meds kick in soon, though, and your're back to full health again. XX

Yozhik
December 8th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I think it looks really nice - it makes the rest of your features pop. :)

My advice would be to rock it with confidence - it's very flattering! :thumbsup:

In my experience, hats flatten short hair, but if you get cold, maybe scarves would be the solution? :)

ikke1978
December 8th, 2013, 04:45 PM
i tried some headbands, but with the looks a bit silly on the sides.. I am going to try to act all confident.. hahaha... and embrace the look.. don't think i can actually feel confident and strong, but i will pretend...hahah

Valorie
December 8th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I seriously love it. My own hair has undergone such dramatic changes in the last year from health related stuff I'd do the same if I looked half as pretty as you! You can keep it or start new, either way, it's a good look. :blossom:

Thinthondiel
December 8th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Your hair looks almost exactly the same as mine does right now, except yours is actually a little bit longer than mine. I think you look great with it!

pocketsmall
December 8th, 2013, 05:56 PM
I think you look lovely! I'm envious that you're getting a complete fresh start, enjoy every length you grow through!

hannabiss
December 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM
You've definitely got some lovely cheek bones. You look great.

Annibelle
December 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM
omg, it looks sooooo cute!!! I wanna copy you now... :)

0xalis
December 8th, 2013, 06:48 PM
You are so adorable! You rock that shot hair <3 Lots of people are shaving their heads lately, they'll just think you did it for fashion :lol:

Tini'sNewHair
December 8th, 2013, 07:37 PM
You are so pretty!! :)

lunalocks
December 8th, 2013, 08:55 PM
OK, as so many others have said "adorable"! If I knew i would look like that with ultra short hair, I would do it in a minute. And your hair looks thick. Good luck on the grow out, unless you want to stay that cute forever.

ravenheather
December 8th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Definitely nothing masculine looking about you. You wear short hair well.

Wildcat Diva
December 8th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Very pretty! I think it will look great a little bit longer and "wilder" too!

OrganicJewel
December 8th, 2013, 10:00 PM
short hair truly looks wonderful on you!

RainbowBowser
December 8th, 2013, 10:02 PM
It looks really good on you :agree:
If you think you look too boyish, dressing feminine is always a good way to balance out. (But like everyone else I don't think you look boyish at all :) )

bekahleigh
December 8th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I always secretly wanted to shave mine all off but I'm too scared. I admire you took that big of a step! And it looks so cute on you, you can definitely pull of hatless :) there are also all kinds of headbands you can accessorize with. I love the way short hair looks with headbands.

Atira
December 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Wow. You can SO rock pixie. Gorgeous!

HintOfMint
December 8th, 2013, 11:50 PM
That bone structure! You're gorgeous, and short hair is a beautiful way to show it off!

ikke1978
December 9th, 2013, 06:21 AM
thanks all.. it is especially the feeling of no hair around ears that makes it feel bald and boyish,

lapushka
December 9th, 2013, 06:33 AM
That looks *very* good on you. You don't look boyish at all! I hope you can get back on track; that your meds kick in right very soon. :flower:

ikke1978
December 9th, 2013, 06:37 AM
and i am not sure what the chance are of growing back hair when having thyroid problems, but i can only hope and pray..

abauer789
December 9th, 2013, 07:23 AM
You look GREAT!! You eyes are so beautiful!

Demi-Plum
December 9th, 2013, 07:25 AM
I think you look very nice with that cut. It takes a strong woman to be able to just say f-it and shave it off. I don't know if I could do that. I admire you

ikke1978
December 9th, 2013, 08:14 AM
thank you......

browneyedsusan
December 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM
You look beautiful and could rock that head of hair indefinitely. --I know. Blasphemous words in TLHC world-- (I had my pixie short as yours once or twice!) If you choose to keep it short for a little while, you could have a ball with haircolor! Haircolor (or damage) in pixieland is only a month or two from growing out and getting cut off.

You look absolutely darling, though. Just darling! :blossom:

Vrindi
December 9th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Rock it! You look great! Concentrate on getting healthy and having fun growing out your hair and learning new tricks for each stage.

NataschaB.
December 9th, 2013, 01:47 PM
You look beautiful! :)

sarahthegemini
December 9th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Personally, I think you have the perfect face for a pixie cut! It suits you, and draws attention to your eyes. I loved my pixie cut, I used to love wearing big earrings, to me: short hair + big earrings is a gorgeous combination. I hope everything gets back on track, but in the mean time, make the most of your new style :)

eta: How about experimenting with henna? Whilst your hair is short, henna isn't such a big commitment!

Jeno86
December 9th, 2013, 05:41 PM
You can absolutely rock the hair!

Unzadi
December 9th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Those eyes! Those cheekbones! Pixie looks great on you, and looks like you've already figured out how to play up the assets with accessories. Scarves, standout earrings, wearing colors that play to your gorgeous coloring. Pfft. You got this. Hope you're feeling better soon, but fret not, the current look is fabulous.

tbonita
December 9th, 2013, 07:59 PM
You have such feminine appeal :) if only I looked as good as you in my pixie. I think you look beautiful.

bunnylake
December 9th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Girl you look awesome. You have a lovely face with gorgeous doe eyes, so any hair style will look good on you!

Zindell
December 9th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Can i go out without a cap or a hat??

Definately! Let your hair "breathe" and grow freely. :D

makeminea99
December 10th, 2013, 02:37 PM
and i am not sure what the chance are of growing back hair when having thyroid problems, but i can only hope and pray..

If it's any comfort - my friend had thyroid problems a few years ago, plus post-pregnancy shedding, so cut her hair short, from about APL to a long-ish pixie. It's taken time, but she's been growing her hair out again this past year with no trouble, she now has shiny new virgin shoulder skimming dark blond hair, which is still growing strong! She's aiming for around APL/BSL by August 2014 ready for her wedding, and I reckon she'll do it too. Good luck, love XX

winship2
December 10th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Yet another person saying that with your eyes and smile you can totally rock that cut :)

ikke1978
December 11th, 2013, 04:14 AM
i am a fan of headbands now..hahaha

Of the Fae
December 11th, 2013, 05:08 AM
It looks beautiful. You don't look like a boy, but a classy beautiful woman. Don't worry, it will grow out, too! And in the mean time enjoy because you rock that look :)

AmyBeth
December 11th, 2013, 09:10 AM
With a face that lovely and feminine, you could never look remotely masculine. It looks so much like Mia Farrow's pixie from the 60's, which is very trendy right now. And when you grow it out, you won't have to worry about growing out past damage.

BlazingHeart
December 11th, 2013, 09:16 AM
You look great with your hair short like that! The study abroad coordinator at my undergrad had a similar cut, and I always thought she looked so chic.

Pixna
December 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM
You look AWESOME! That cut truly suits you -- no need to go any longer (unless you really want to).

I totally empathize with your situation. I, too, recently cut back to about your length. Although I'm calling it a pixie, it's shorter than a pixie -- but I don't know what else to call it. My hair is curly-ish though, so it looks a bit different from yours. You're really rockin' that look!

I needed to cut back because I had been shedding a ridiculous amount (and still am!) for years, and my hair became so horribly and frightfully thin. I was actually pleased to have come upon your post, as I was feeling a bit lonely on the site and wasn't sure I belonged here (or would be welcome) anymore, now that my hair is so very short and will be staying that way. I'm glad to have such an adorable "pixie sister"! :grouphug:

ikke1978
December 11th, 2013, 09:56 AM
You look AWESOME! That cut truly suits you -- no need to go any longer (unless you really want to).

I totally empathize with your situation. I, too, recently cut back to about your length. Although I'm calling it a pixie, it's shorter than a pixie -- but I don't know what else to call it. My hair is curly-ish though, so it looks a bit different from yours. You're really rockin' that look!

I needed to cut back because I had been shedding a ridiculous amount (and still am!) for years, and my hair became so horribly and frightfully thin. I was actually pleased to have come upon your post, as I was feeling a bit lonely on the site and wasn't sure I belonged here (or would be welcome) anymore, now that my hair is so very short and will be staying that way. I'm glad to have such an adorable "pixie sister"! :grouphug:

AHHH.. that is sweet...

I would love to have curly hair.. are you letting it grow back or are you keeping it short?

Pixna
December 11th, 2013, 11:30 AM
AHHH.. that is sweet...

I would love to have curly hair.. are you letting it grow back or are you keeping it short?

I will be keeping it short. It's been a long time coming, with all that shedding and thinning, and I realize now that I probably should have done this much sooner. My shed hairs were in piles all around the house, and they clogged our plumbing, broke the sink disposal, and damaged our vacuum cleaner. I had become quite a costly walking disaster! :oops:

My curls aren't really curly at this length -- more wavy than curly. They mainly give my hair a little "texture" and make it look a little thicker than it really is.

I'm SO glad you're here! :flower:

sherber
December 12th, 2013, 02:00 AM
You are beautiful, and the pixie really suits you!!! You can absolutely go out without a cap or hat. (I'm currently growing out a pixie, and I have to admit your short hair picture is one of those that really tempts me into thinking I should just cut it all off again :D)

browneyedsusan
December 12th, 2013, 05:46 AM

I love pixies! Just saying it out loud. Most women don't have the nerve to go super-short, and those that do come off as confident and self-assured.

Pixna
December 12th, 2013, 06:06 AM
I love pixies! Just saying it out loud. Most women don't have the nerve to go super-short, and those that do come off as confident and self-assured.

browneyedsusan, what a very kind thing to say! Thank you so much for your insights and support!

BowTie
December 12th, 2013, 06:40 AM
You look very beautiful with short hair :)