PDA

View Full Version : Difference between a wooden comb and plastic ones?

Nadine <3
December 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Hi! I've read that many of you here use wooden combs. I haven't been able to locate one at any of the stores around here, so awhile back I ditched my hair brush and bought a wide tooth plastic comb. It's designed to look like wood, and it works pretty well. I can feel the little knots and remove them with my fingers.

I was just wondering if I'm missing out on some amazing wooden comb benefit or not. :confused:

excentricat
December 6th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Wooden combs are more likely to be seamless than plastic. Wooden combs also don't contribute to static in your hair the way plastic can.

Nadine <3
December 6th, 2013, 10:09 PM
ohh..I checked my comb and it doesn't seem to have seems, but it does make static. Not much and not every time I use it. Can static damage my hair??

biogirl87
December 6th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Nadine, I do not think static can damage your hair. Some people do not like it as much though. I tend to live with it since for me it is a choice between having hair with a lot of volume in it and quite a bit of static in it and having hair that has no static in it but is limp and flat. I tend to live volume in my hair because it gives my hair the same look it had when it was thicker.

starlamelissa
December 7th, 2013, 01:19 AM
I had a wooden comb and I really didn't care for it. It didn't penetrate my hair, and I couldn't wash it or use it on wet hair.

Wildcat Diva
December 7th, 2013, 01:24 AM
I have a horn comb. Those seemed to be a big deal when I joined LHC. It's some sort of yak horn comb. It was one of my first LHC purchases.