PDA

View Full Version : My hair is growing!!!!!!!!

heidi w.
December 6th, 2013, 06:13 PM
I reported a few weeks ago that my hair hasn't grown in a year, and now I wake up, and I recognize it got a little bit longer. My hair grows very, very slowly: tidbits at a time, but now it's at the top of my shoulders. This new growth has me wearing my hair differently now. It took 13-16 years for the full length to grow to knees and then a bit beyond, so it's gonna take For-EVER for my hair to get to that length. I'll be happy at top of hips or thereabouts. I'm so excited: my hair is actually growing!
heidi w.

Leslieslsa
December 6th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Wow that is good! I thought mine had stopped growing too but then I started taking a lot of vitamins and doing an hour of cardio all day, and suddenly, a growth spurt. It is now BCL.

spidermom
December 6th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Very nice; I know the lack of growth was bothering you.

Juanita
December 6th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Wow that's good news for sure.

LauraLongLocks
December 6th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Happy news!

chen bao jun
December 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Glad for you.
Didn't realize you had cut your hair but I'm very glad its growing back.

woodswanderer
December 6th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Congrats, you must be feeling relieved!

MeowScat
December 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
That is awesome news, Heidi! I hope you post a pic one day. :)

kdaniels8811
December 6th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Yay, Heidi! I grew out from bald so I understand how you feel but my hair was never as long as yours. Happy growing.

Eliska
December 6th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Woo, congrats! Here's to hoping it keeps up this way!

Crumpet
December 6th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Congratulations! Keep up the positive vibes!

Micayla47
December 6th, 2013, 09:42 PM
nice to hear from you heidi :) i hope we get pictures soon.

Anje
December 6th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Glad to hear it, Heidi! I hope it picks up speed to make up for lost time!

Wildcat Diva
December 6th, 2013, 11:21 PM
I'm happy for you Heidi. Enjoy!

jacqueline101
December 7th, 2013, 06:25 AM
I'm glad your hair grew I knew you were concerned about it. I do hope you can put pictures up to show us. I wish you good luck on your hair growth journey.

browneyedsusan
December 7th, 2013, 07:21 AM
I'm glad it's coming around to your way of thinking, Heidi.
I have a dear friend whose hair grows slowly too. She's only mentioned it once, but I know it bothers her.
Congratulations on your new hair discovery! I hope it decides to put on a fresh burst of growing speed! :cheese:

Beatnik Guy
December 7th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Cool. Just keep on not paying attention while it carries on growing. :)

longNred
December 7th, 2013, 08:00 AM
:D it's the best feeling! Enjoy your second journey!

Lostsoule77
December 7th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! :D Takes a lot of small victories to get a big one and you're nicely on your way.

Madora
December 7th, 2013, 09:34 AM
What wonderful news, Heidi W! I'm so happy for you! Wishing you all the best!

heidi w.
December 7th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Thanks, everyone. So nice of all of you. Happy Holidays. And OH: my hair is now about 2 inches past my shoulders.
heidi w.

AmyBeth
December 7th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I"m so glad for you!! This gives me hope, because while I know my roots are growing, I have not netted any length for 5 months and am fighting not to be depressed about it.

animetor7
December 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Exciting!! One nice thing about being at University is that I can't obsessively measure my hair because I don't have a tape measure here, so when I go home for visits it seems like my hair has grown a ton! Like everyone else here I do hope you'll post pics. :)

DweamGoiL
December 7th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Congratulations on the hair growth! Very exciting :)

truepeacenik
December 7th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Good to hear indeed, Heidi.

meteor
December 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
That's excellent news! :) Congratulations, Heidi!

Once you've had your hair at such record-breaking lengths, you know you can have it again and your terminal is not coming any time soon.
Your ankle-length hair is an inspiration to me and many others! :) Happy growing! :)

nobeltonya
December 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Awesome. Hope it keeps up! Mine also had hit a stall several months ago, and then I cut 6" off, so I was worried it wouldn't grow.. but now it's growing as well. :D :disco:

lapushka
December 7th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Congratulations, Heidi. It will continue to grow, that's for sure. Just be patient, and you'll get there in no time. This is good growth, even though it is a little slow.

swearnsue
December 7th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I'm glad you are getting growth now. I didn't even know that you had cut your hair! I was going to look for your video that you made, maybe a year or two ago, where you were in a café and showed us how to add coconut oil to the hair and then you did a really cool bun with a stick.

My hair isn't nearly long enough to do a bun like that but I was just thinking about you and your video the other day. May I ask why you cut your hair? Many times I think about just shaving my head and starting over!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 7th, 2013, 03:00 PM
that's exciting news Heidi W! Glad to hear your new hair journey is off to a good start, happy growing!

sally_neuf
December 7th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Great news, I'm happy for you! Enjoy it :) !

vindo
December 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM
That is great to hear! I did not know you cut it even!

heidi w.
December 7th, 2013, 04:53 PM
I cut my hair to about chin length around a year ago. Then it seemed to stop growing. Then I woke up and noticed it hitting the top of my back, and catching somewhat. I cut my hair cuase it was in a knot I could NOT detangle. I went several weeks, then marched in and had it cut off. I can't post pictures; I don't know how to.
heidi w.

swearnsue
December 7th, 2013, 05:10 PM
You'll probably have a good growth spurt now.

I'm sorry you had to cut your hair.

jeanniet
December 7th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Congrats--you'll be able to put it in a bun before you know it, and then it will feel much better to you.

biogirl87
December 7th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Heidi, I am very happy for it. I know you are likely sad that you had to cut your hair, but it is nice that you do not have that big knot that you could not detangle in your hair any longer.

Falcore
December 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM
That's really good news, Heidi :)

joflakes
December 8th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Yay! I hope it continues to grow quickly :)

Charybdis
December 8th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Congratulations, Heidi! I know you've been through a lot healthwise in the past year, so maybe this is a sign that your body is feeling better and has more spare energy for growing hair. I hope you keep getting good growth and that it stays tangle-free!

Valorie
December 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Heidi, that is great news!

getoffmyskittle
December 9th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Hooray!! Awesome news. :)