PDA

View Full Version : Indian Temple Hair and the extension industry (video)

durgidog
December 6th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I dug up some old threads that mention Temple Hair but didn't see a link to this video. The hair extension industry disgusts me. I think the video is really well done, it's about 23 minutes long.
<Moderation: link removed. Haircutting that isn't related to styling hair is not to be discussed on this site, as per the Terms of Service (www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/indexvba.php?page=tos)>

koolkittychick
December 6th, 2013, 06:02 PM
This is just one of the reasons why I would never wear a wig or weave. I am not that desperate for long hair that I would exploit some poor woman in a third world country for my vanity. :rolleyes:

heidi w.
December 6th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I've known about this for decades. It's very sad, and disgusting. It's always the poor who get the grief, and yet more from people who make money on them.
heidi w.

Leslieslsa
December 6th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Wow I just watched that whole thing. I am glad I have never wanted hair extensions. For one thing they are expensive and for another, they are fake, and I'd much rather grow my own hair out. Those Indian people really are getting the bad side of the deal. I agree that it is disgusting. Forcing children to give up their is crazy. And then they don't even make any of that money that their hair sells for.

chen bao jun
December 6th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Yeah, and you should hear what they do in the Ukraine.
I know a girl personally who got her hair forcefully cut off in an orphanage, undoubtedly for sale.

DweamGoiL
December 6th, 2013, 08:42 PM
There used to be a practice in orphanages, prisons, and hospitals to shear all people coming into the facility to avoid the spread of lice. They also did this during the holocaust for the same reason. Today, most likely, it is to make a profit, but they can always use lice prevention to justify it.