PDA

View Full Version : Hairtype me, please?

2luvmycurls
September 7th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I hair typed myself when I first found this site in July as a 3a. I've since done a henna, and I may have lost a bit of waves. But I'm not sure I actually did it right the first time. I read somewhere that you're suppose to type your hair on washed (or conditioned as is my case) hair just air dried -- no gel or products at all in the hair? I always have gel in my hair when I wear it curly, so if that's the case, I did it wrong.

So right now my hair is freshly conditioned and I didn't do a single thing to it except try to get the part a little un-matted, as it's crazy. So I'll post back on this thread with a picture when it dries, but I just wanted to make sure I was right, that you should not put anything in your hair to type it. (Oh, I didn't even finger comb it or anything). So if I should, hopefully somebody will respond before it dries too much, lol.)

Thanks!

Flaxen
September 7th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Right - naturally dried, no product. :smile:

2luvmycurls
September 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Okay, here it is:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2cf44xs.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/es2tu0.jpg

girlcat36
September 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
A solid 3a. Doesn't look like you lost much curl.

SweetPea88
September 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Those look like pretty 3a curls to me! :)

girlcat36
September 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Nice and thick, too. I have envy!:eyebrows:

2luvmycurls
September 7th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Okay, thanks, girls :) I wasn't really positive, so it's nice to get some definite opinions and stuff. Oh, and girlcat -- your hair might not be as thick as you'd like, but it's still very beautiful, and recoving, so I think you must have a strength few have, and that is something we should all envy. :)

2luvmycurls
September 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Oh, and I'll be a little obnoxious, and while I'm at it, ask if you all think my hair is F/M/or C? I keep flip flopping...one minute I'll look at someone's pictures who is a F and think, yeah, it kinda looks like that; but othertimes, I would just swear it looks so close to someone who's C. And I'm terrible at telling my feeling the strands.

Tangles
September 7th, 2008, 07:09 PM
You look like a M/C to me. Definitely not that coarse, but your corkscrews are so strong that I don't think you can be a finey.

girlcat36
September 7th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Okay, thanks, girls :) I wasn't really positive, so it's nice to get some definite opinions and stuff. Oh, and girlcat -- your hair might not be as thick as you'd like, but it's still very beautiful, and recoving, so I think you must have a strength few have, and that is something we should all envy. :)

Thank you, sweetie!
You're definately not a fine-hair, I say M.

CurlyNinja
September 7th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Yup, definitely a 3A. I can never quite figure out texture in person, let alone in photos. :wail:

Pretty hair, regardless!

Arctic_Mama
September 7th, 2008, 09:19 PM
BEAUTIFUL 3a curls! And I'd say yours looks to be medium thickness. It's awfully hard to get curls with that much sproing without some density and strength to each strand.

Velouria
September 7th, 2008, 11:29 PM
3a with 3bish tendencies, or 3a/b. I think a lot of people on here under-type their curls...if you read the CG book, corkscrews are considered a 3b and c curl (3b being looser corkscrews than 3c), 3a is no corkscrews, only looser spirals and "botticelli" (S-shaped) curls. The pictures posted as a reference to Fia's hairtyping system seem to bear this out...no-one on the 3a page has hair as curly as yours.

I have spirals, botticellis, and corkscrews so I consider myself mixed, 3a/b. Your hair looks almost exactly like mine, BTW, though yours is a bit longer and healthier. I may have to change mine from F/M to M.

2luvmycurls
September 8th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Just wanted thank all of you for your insight and help! :) It did help!