PDA

View Full Version : Super EASY hairstyles for the gym?

Leslieslsa
December 5th, 2013, 06:44 PM
My hair is thick and a little past hip length. I do an hour of cardio at the gym everyday. So far I have been making a pony tail in the back and braiding it back. But when I get home it is really knotty. (not hard to remove knots, but knotty) I can easily get them out with my fingers but I would prefer not to get so many. Plus I sweat so much that it is half wet too. (I rinse the sweat out) But anyways, I am also no good at fancy hairstyles. I can't even do a sock bun. I need something REALLY simple that anyone can do. Thanks.

Kaelee
December 5th, 2013, 06:53 PM
English braid, put on one of those stretchy headbands under the braid, wrap the braid around the headband and anchor it with a claw clip.

Aingeal
December 5th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I second the English braid idea. I also will do a French braid tucked under and held with a scrunchie. I just got back from the gym and my Chinese bun held on pretty well. I've also been known to make it through gym time with a nautilus.

HintOfMint
December 5th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I do a braided ponytail, but it's a high ponytail, so the braid doesn't rub against my back as much so the friction doesn't cause tangles.

Madora
December 5th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Instead of braiding the hair in 3 sections, why don't you use a long scarf and braid that into your hair? The scarf would need to be as long as your hair. Just tie it around the base of your ponytail, divide the scarf in two, then use your hair as the middle portion, and braid the scarf into it.

Hopefully, braiding the scarf into your hair will eliminate many of the knots.

Not Lynn Merely
December 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM
[Whoops! It looks like Madora beat me to this!]
If you have REALLY long, silky scarf (that you don't mind getting sweaty), slide it through the base of your ponytail, then wrap both ends around your braid all the way down to save it from rubbing on your shirt and knotting.

I like the hairband + clip idea as well.

Start out wearing low buns, if you try them. I find that high buns hurt my scalp when I exercise.

Kaelee
December 6th, 2013, 06:40 AM
I'm going to have to try the scarf idea!