PDA

View Full Version : tea rinses?

BlueGold
December 5th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I did a tea rinse a couple of days ago and I LOVED it! I'm a shedder and I've been worried about thinning out my hair since I cut out shampoo and I'm doing CO washes but I noticed my hair falling out more and more every day. So I tried doing a tea rinse with green tea and barely noticed any hair coming out in the shower or after that. I want to keep doing it but I don't know if doing it every time I was (twice a week) would be too much of a good thing. What do you guys think?:)

biogirl87
December 6th, 2013, 01:38 AM
BlueGold, I do not know if doing tea rinses every time you wash your hair would be too much of a good thing. I know that this may be what you want to hear or the method you want to use to use for washing your hair, but if you are seeing more and more hairs coming out every day since you have starting using CO to wash your hair, you may want to reconsider washing your hair with conditioner. Some people's hair and scalp just do not like conditioner only washing. I have only tried CO washing twice and both times I have noticed more hairs coming out in the shower when I washed my hair with conditioner. I think my hair liked the extra moisture that it was getting but I could tell my scalp did not like CO washing, so I stopped using conditioner to wash my hair and went back to using shampoo for washing my hair. If you do not want to be using shampoo every time you wash your hair, you could try using shampoo to wash your hair with one time during the week and using conditioner to wash your hair with the other during that week when you would be washing your hair and see if makes less hairs come out for you.

Mustang Suzy
December 6th, 2013, 06:25 AM
I use a tea rinse as a subtle dye/conditioner once a month. I brew really strong black tea and once it has cooled to a warm temperature that my scalp can endure I pour the tea over my hair into a large bowl in the sink. I use a ladle and continue to pour the tea over my hair until saturated. Then I put on a conditioning plastic cap and wrap my head in a towel. After 30 minutes to an hour I rinse with lukewarm water and my hair is silky soft and a little bit darker.

lozzzy
December 6th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Sorry, please ignore my ignorance however I've never heard of a tea rinse before. Blue gold do you leave it to soak in or just use it as a rinse through?

biogirl87
December 8th, 2013, 11:18 PM
lozzzy, I think that when people use tea rinses, they normally let them sit for a few minutes while they massage them in or massage their scalp and then they rinse them out. I have not heard of anyone leaving tea rinses in. You could try leaving the tea rinse to soak in and just see what happens. Hopefully the members who are more knowledgeable about tea rinses than I am will help out more.

Hairitic
December 9th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I use tea rinses frequently. Sometimes with Hibiscus and/or Rooibos for red tone enhancement. Other times it's for strength or softness. I never rinse it out. I always add an ounce of ACV to the tea. My hair comes out nice and shiny.

BlueGold
December 10th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to try washing with shampoo every other time I wash and use the tea rinse once a week. It's been scaring me because I've lost at least 1/3 of my thickness since I started! And lozzzy I put it in my hair and leave it for a few minutes then wash it out and then do a conditioner after it because if I don't my hair gets really hard and clumps together.

wrh452
December 10th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I like using a tea rinse every time. Sometimes I just spray it in after I'm out of the shower. I like to use chamomile or cat nip so it doesn't stain too much.

dianahottie
December 19th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I use very strong chamomile and leave it in for hours sometimes over night, I have not had any problems, may hair looks awesome and I did it once a week!