PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas how to achieve this style?

darkrose
December 5th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I've started to adore complex braided buns, and after a lot of effort my braiding technique is now wearable lol. But I really want to style my hair In a bun like this http://www.hairstylestars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/braided-wedding-hairstyles.jpg

The style looks really fun ( I love difficult/complex styles, they're a challenge :) and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas how to achive this or if anyone knows of a similar tutorial?

Thank you!! :) :) :)

neko_kawaii
December 5th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I see three braids. The front is sectioned and parted. Each parted section is braided (lace or dutch - depends on if hair is being added from both the top and bottom or just one side). The third section is braided and the three are pinned. Gumball would be a good person to ask for details on pinning the three braids - check out his latest blog post!

Crabbyco
December 5th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I think I see a fourth braid. Top section looks like they started the normal three sections for a braid but instead took the center section and made a single braid, then used the outside to sections and braided. Dutch braided the sides of the head and just randomly twisted and pinned into a bun.
Very pretty.

kaydana
December 5th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Make a bunch of english braids, pin them up any old how and call the job a good 'un.

I'm going to up the braid count again and say it looks like she's got five (ETA: all english, they don't look like dutch or lace braids to me), one from the crown, two from the front and two at the back.

You might like this tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoX7x1JmuEk) from the wonderful Torrin Paige.

Gumball
December 5th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I've started to adore complex braided buns, and after a lot of effort my braiding technique is now wearable lol. But I really want to style my hair In a bun like this http://www.hairstylestars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/braided-wedding-hairstyles.jpg

The style looks really fun ( I love difficult/complex styles, they're a challenge :) and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas how to achive this or if anyone knows of a similar tutorial?

Thank you!! :) :) :)

I definitely see three surely braided parts, and a fourth that I assume is braided. The crown has an English braid and the sides, parted on the front, each are an English braid began above each ear (I don't see any gathering points after they start, just a braid going back). That leaves that center section in the back behind the bun that's either bunned itself (less likely) or braided (once or more, I'm assuming once for less complexity) to help create an anchor point and to maintain some more tension and stability on the style.

What it looks like isn't like they just individually bunned each braid (the aesthetic would be different), but likely they may have bunned the center braid in the back to serve as an anchor, then took the side braids, looped them around that bun, pinned and tucked the ends in, then took the top crown braid and ran it along the right side and then looped it under and around, found a place to tuck in, and pinned it, too.

If you tried that you may not achieve the same look per se, but it would definitely be in the region of it. :)

I see three braids. The front is sectioned and parted. Each parted section is braided (lace or dutch - depends on if hair is being added from both the top and bottom or just one side). The third section is braided and the three are pinned. Gumball would be a good person to ask for details on pinning the three braids - check out his latest blog post!

:hifive: :flowers:

Make a bunch of english braids, pin them up any old how and call the job a good 'un.

I'm going to up the braid count again and say it looks like she's got five (ETA: all english, they don't look like dutch or lace braids to me), one from the crown, two from the front and two at the back.

You might like this tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoX7x1JmuEk) from the wonderful Torrin Paige.

There's definitely a potential for five. It's all about what's hidden in that back area. :lol: Definitely a "find a place to put the braids and then put them there" style. :agree: