PDA

View Full Version : The Sound Of Music live on Thursday Night on NBC

turtlelover
December 4th, 2013, 12:29 PM
So, do you think the producers will leave Carrie Underwood's hair long-ish for The Sound Of Music on Thursday night, or do a big chop? I'm leaning towards thinking they'll do some kind of updos. I can't picture her being willing to do an Anne Hathaway style chop, though I could be wrong. I remember that I always thought Maria should have long hair when I was a kid! HAHA

I LOVED the original cast of the movie version, and I am sure no one can compare, but I am looking forward to seeing this production nonetheless. :cheese:

~honeyflower~
December 4th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I will be watching it!

Alas, not live. I will be in a parade during that time sipping hot coco and trying to keep my head warm. :) Our float is all lit up with christmas lights.

Sound of Music report: I just saw a commercial and it looks like Carrie Underwood is having her hair in Milkmaid braids. So, no haircuts :)

Merry early Christmas!!!

Madora
December 4th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I'm really looking forward to this because I love R & H musicals. Carrie's Maria Heidi braids look lovely...but of course it is a lovely wig.

What I'm dying to see is what her hair looks like (in the play) when she's not wearing the Heidi braids. Moviemakers drive me nuts when they show braided hair...and then the unbound hair later. Invariably, it is way too short! Yes, I'm picky about those minor details.

slyviolet
December 4th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I'm really picky about those details too, Madora! The other one that drives me nuts just happened recently, my DH and I are re-watching the 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' series, and these high school girls are depicted running all over with their BSL+ length hair down killing monsters, and then moments later they are standing and chatting and all their hair is hanging perfectly down their backs with a ruler-perfect hemline and not a strand askew... and so I said aloud and grumpily to the screen, "That hair is pure Hollywood fantasy."

DH turns to me with the most priceless look on his face, and says, "They just killed a horde of demons and vampires in the basement of a high school, but it's the hair physics that finally pushes your suspension of disbelief over the edge? ...I love you." He so gets me. :crush:

Madora
December 4th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I'm really picky about those details too, Madora! The other one that drives me nuts just happened recently, my DH and I are re-watching the 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' series, and these high school girls are depicted running all over with their BSL+ length hair down killing monsters, and then moments later they are standing and chatting and all their hair is hanging perfectly down their backs with a ruler-perfect hemline and not a strand askew... and so I said aloud and grumpily to the screen, "That hair is pure Hollywood fantasy."

DH turns to me with the most priceless look on his face, and says, "They just killed a horde of demons and vampires in the basement of a high school, but it's the hair physics that finally pushes your suspension of disbelief over the edge? ...I love you." He so gets me. :crush:

Yup, the magic of Hollywood! :magic: Your husband is a sweetie!

swearnsue
December 4th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I'm really looking forward to this because I love R & H musicals. Carrie's Maria Heidi braids look lovely...but of course it is a lovely wig.

What I'm dying to see is what her hair looks like (in the play) when she's not wearing the Heidi braids. Moviemakers drive me nuts when they show braided hair...and then the unbound hair later. Invariably, it is way too short! Yes, I'm picky about those minor details.

Me too. The braids will be for example BSL, then the hair down will be BSL (and without braid waves!)

turtlelover
December 4th, 2013, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uXO2n4j4Y I found a preview clip!

turtlelover
December 5th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I enjoyed the show. The singing was SUPER, especially Audra as mother superior. Carrie can REALLY sing, though I wasn't wild about her acting. Carrie had her hair (or fake hair) in milkmaid braids, and then took it down closer to the end into some sort of shoulder length bob that actually reminded me more of 80s newcaster hair than WWII era hair. The look didn't quite work. However, it was good entertainment, and a nice break from a lot of the junk that dominates TV nowadays.