PDA

View Full Version : Spring into Life Sale!

Peggy E.
March 18th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Update:

Sold & Shipped:

2 Faux Tort Prongs - 3/19/08; Shipped: 3/25/08
MOP Slide - 3/21/08; Shipped: 3/25/08

Sorry for the delay in shipping. You would not believe the chaos, the utter insanity, that has been the whirling dervish disaster spinning out of control through this little life of mine the past few days. BUT order is being restored, the packages have been picked up, there is quiet, though the "peace" is still iffy. Guess I should do a blog entry....

The Stuff's on its Way!!!

Ah, spring, that lovely, sweet, so-longed-for season. The dark earth shaking itself free of the snowfall frosting worn to a drab gray. Opening wide arms of freshly dappled leaves reach out amidst the misty spray of freshening breezes, ripe for the flurry of homeward bound flocks, luring young and old alike to come out, come out - come out and play!

Is there a time of more promise to be found, simply awaiting our presence to seek it out? Spring comes every year to remind us that there is always forgiveness and a second-chance at life - how could you ask for more proof than the rebirth of the world around you?

And you find your heart is beating a little quicker, your step lighter, the smile you forced in the winter is now suddenly genuine and offered liberally to all you meet. We breath in hope and exhale faith - in each other, in ourselves.

Spring saves us! It moves us to be our best in all we do, to succeed in everything we attempt, to enjoy all the wonders with which we've been so generously blessed.

So here we gather, back once again in this safe and welcoming community, just in time to celebrate that most amazing miracle: The birth and emergence of all the new life!

The following little offerings will help you spruce up your own gorgeous locks, to turn them out, glowing sweet or with sultry sexiness - it's your call. Make the most of the season by showing off your own special style.

PayPal is the easiest form of payment for me, but I am open to other forms of payment. The price includes domestic and a large portion of foreign shipping charges. Want something? I want to make it happen, so everyone's happy, come the end of the day - Please PM me! And thanks for looking at my little offerings for this most glorious of all the days - Spring!

So, here we go!

** SOLD **

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/DCElliott/LHCSale3-18-08015.jpg

Queen Victoria would have had nothing on you when you tuck this sweet comb into your favorite updo. Celluloid (could be tort), it is dressed with hand carved floral flourishes, accented with prong-set rhinestones. This piece is 2" wide across the top and a hair under 5" long. A grand statement for $20!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/DCElliott/LHCSale3-18-08012.jpg

Three sweet little pretties I've thrown together.

The first is a gentle bit of a hair pin, dressed with six small rhinestones on the sides and three larger rhinestones along the top, these set within circles of teeny-tiny pearls. What a lot of work on such a little thing! 3-1/2" long and 1" wide.

A wee heart faux turtle comb will make a lovely little accent piece. This "Made in Canada" 2" wide and 2" long toy is pure fun. Enjoy it yourself, or give it to a favorite friend as a special little treat!

The third offering of this lot is an amazing feather clip. Dancing aurora borealis stones are further enhanced by the teeniest dots of gold, all running the 3” length of the feather. A small alligator clip is all it needs to set safely in your hair.

This lovely lot of three hair toys is yours for $12.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/DCElliott/LHCSale3-18-08003.jpg

** SOLD **

These two faux tort celluloid prongs can be used together when you need a stronger hold, or separately.

The larger of the two is 4-1/2” long and 1-3/4” wide, with a gentle curve to allow for a secure “fit” for the wearer.

The smaller prong is a bit thicker, not as curved, but possesses tip-ups at the end of the prongs which help secure the piece in your hair. It is 3-1/2” long and 1-1/2” wide.

Both of these vintage picks are in lovely condition and yours for $8.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/DCElliott/LHCSale3-18-08001.jpg

And finally there’s this beautiful little Japanese comb which originally was purchased by me on this swap board from our good friend, Stevy. Why it is neither she, nor I, found ourselves turning to this piece, with its happy, bright flowers and eye-catching, out-of-the-ordinary shape, I can’t explain.

Maybe she, as do I, has other combs we automatically reach for to go with this or that outfit, and we never thought to seek out this pretty comb.

It deserves better, for it longs to make someone smile - the wearer, knowing it’s there; the observer who sees the comb pass by and it catches the eye. The comb is 2-1/2” long and wide, and it sets in snuggly - you don’t know it’s even there. $7.50.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/DCElliott/LHCSale3-18-08010.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

That’s it for right now, folks. If you have questions, drop me a line! And thanks for looking at my little effort here. Hope you found something that will help you welcome Spring into your life!

greek_lady
March 19th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Hi Peggy E.!
I was wondering, you wouldn't happen to have two of the little hair forks, like the one you included in your three-items lot? Is it a diaphanous or a white item?
Thanks!

Peggy E.
March 19th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Hi Peggy E.!
I was wondering, you wouldn't happen to have two of the little hair forks, like the one you included in your three-items lot? Is it a diaphanous or a white item?
Thanks!

Ah, so sorry. It's an orphan that came to me with other orphans. Pretty little thing, though, isn't it? All that tiny pearl beading around the top rhinestones - a very frustrated artist, or somebody with way too much time on his/her hands!

Thanks for asking, though.

Peggy E.
March 19th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Sorry about the size of the pictures. I'd received an e-mail from Photobucket raving about its new editing additions, blah, blah, blah.

Guess I can turn them inside-out, upside-down, neon colored abstract artworks that would make Picasso proud - but I can't reduce the size....

BlueRose4217
March 19th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Just wanted to tell you that I LOVE the blue birds in your pics! Where did you get them?

~Kara

TheHippieChick
March 19th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Gorgeous Goods Peggy...as usual!

Peggy E.
March 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Just wanted to tell you that I LOVE the blue birds in your pics! Where did you get them?

~Kara

Thanks! They are actually salt and pepper shakers and I've had them for as long as I can remember. Have no idea where I got them, but I'm with you - I love them, too! ;o)

Peggy E.
March 19th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Gorgeous Goods Peggy...as usual!

Thanks! I'm to the point right now where I don't have much of anything I can bear parting with, but I've got a couple of eBay items coming, so needed to make a little more room.

Seems silly, if I'm not wearing it, to keep it around when there's someone else who would enjoy having the item - and the money doesn't hurt, either! ;o)

BlueRose4217
March 20th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks! They are actually salt and pepper shakers and I've had them for as long as I can remember. Have no idea where I got them, but I'm with you - I love them, too! ;o)

Very cool! Now that you said they were salt and pepper shakers, I can see that now! They are awesome! :)

LilyMunster
March 21st, 2008, 12:44 AM
PMed you on the mop slide.:)

LilyMunster
March 31st, 2008, 08:45 PM
Recieved the mother of pearl slide today. As usual packaged very securely and described perfectly. Only it is larger than I thought which is an added bonus!!
Thank you once again Peggy E., I love your stuff.;)