PDA

View Full Version : What is that brushing against my elbows? Oh, it's my hair!

LauraLongLocks
December 2nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
I wear my hair up so often that I'm not used to feeling my hair on my back or brushing on my arms. I was surprised when I went to the pool and had my hair down for a few minutes before putting it up into my swim cap to get into the water, and I felt it on my elbows. At first I thought it was a spider, ha ha!

It's at MBL, where I can feel it until about BSL, but can't feel the ends on my back, because of the curvature of my back. I'm going to be so delighted when I can feel the ends brushing at my hips/tailbone/butt. Where exactly will I be able to feel the ends touching again? I wonder how many months it will be for me.

VixenWolfMare
December 2nd, 2013, 08:06 AM
I had a moment like that yesterday! when i got out of work i took my hair out of a bun (as i always do) and walking out i had my hands in my pockets and i felt my hair brush my hands! i was like "what is that?"

Agnes Hannah
December 2nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
I love the feeling of my hair on my back! Can't wait til it starts to tickle my elbows!

swearnsue
December 2nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
I remember the first time my hair plopped on my shoulder in the shower. It was wet and full of conditioner. Scared the heck out of me.

Audhumla
December 2nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
I had a moment like this a little while ago. I was really nice :D

animetor7
December 3rd, 2013, 06:23 PM
Congrats!! I had a moment like that with my hair getting stuck in my pants the other day, boy was I surprised!!! I'd been keeping it up so I didn't notice it had gotten quite so long.

endlessly
December 3rd, 2013, 07:23 PM
The first time I realized my hair hit tailbone, I just about had a panic attack since I was sure I was alone in the shower! It scared the living daylights out of me! Thankfully, now I'm used to it. I'm excited for my hair to hit classic in a few months, but also worried I'll be sitting on it since it's close to that point right now.

LauraLongLocks
December 3rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
The first time I realized my hair hit tailbone, I just about had a panic attack since I was sure I was alone in the shower! It scared the living daylights out of me! Thankfully, now I'm used to it. I'm excited for my hair to hit classic in a few months, but also worried I'll be sitting on it since it's close to that point right now.

So, when it hits tailbone is when I'll feel it on my rear end? I was wondering at what point I would feel the ends, since right now they are dangling at the small of my back.

kitana97
December 3rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Mhmm, that's one of my favorite feelings. I also like when I'm wearing tank tops and my hair gets trapped in between my armpit and flows down my back. Uhh, that sounds a little weird typing it out but it's a sign that its getting long!

koolkittychick
December 5th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mhmm, that's one of my favorite feelings. I also like when I'm wearing tank tops and my hair gets trapped in between my armpit and flows down my back. Uhh, that sounds a little weird typing it out but it's a sign that its getting long!
I know that feeling as well! It was really weird (and cool!) when my hair started to get caught on all kinds of things--the backs of chairs, my seat belt, my backpack, my armpit, you name it--but it getting caught in the crook of my elbow when I'm combing it out was the coolest, because that's when I knew I was entering into "longer than average" territory. "Seriously long" ville, here I come! :p

LauraLongLocks
December 5th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I know that feeling as well! It was really weird (and cool!) when my hair started to get caught on all kinds of things--the backs of chairs, my seat belt, my backpack, my armpit, you name it--but it getting caught in the crook of my elbow when I'm combing it out was the coolest, because that's when I knew I was entering into "longer than average" territory. "Seriously long" ville, here I come! :p

YES! So much fun! I love it!

Tini'sNewHair
December 5th, 2013, 05:49 PM
I have my hair down most of the time so im used to that but i remember when i hit a solid BSL and i could no longer just close the bra straps up without moving my hair out of the way...

I have been at classic before but thats to long ago to remember.... The last time i had TB hair was about 5-6 years ago... I would be sitting down wrapping Christmas presents and my hair was getting folded inside the wrapping paper without realising :) Thats the last memory i have of long hair :( I cant wait to get there again...

Leslieslsa
December 5th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Mine is BCL but I always have it braided so I am always kinda surprised when I wash it that it is that long!

Ambystoma
December 5th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I had a moment like that when I realised that I had to move my hair to the front so I could zip up my skirt -I was all :shocked:

Neptune
December 5th, 2013, 08:25 PM
swearnsue, your comment made me lol !! i can totally imagine scaring the heck out of myself in the shower with my hair! the first time my hair brushed against the back of my lower arms, i was like "ahhhh WHAT is that!??!!" .... then a moment of realization .... "ohhhh, that belongs to me." Haha :)

Mandie
December 5th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I smacked my cat in the face a few days ago because my hair was loose and touched me and startled me and I flailed...and she had just jumped up beside me. -facepalm-

animetor7
December 6th, 2013, 12:41 AM
I smacked my cat in the face a few days ago because my hair was loose and touched me and startled me and I flailed...and she had just jumped up beside me. -facepalm-

XD nice. Poor kitty though!