PDA

View Full Version : 3 Years at LHC! [Pictures]

hypersensitive
November 30th, 2013, 11:05 PM
It's been 3 years! I reached Classic, started at BSL Can you believe it? I've reached my short goal of "longer than my mom's when she was young" length. My long term goal is terminal but at this point I don't know whether or not to continue growing or to trim back slightly. I really do want to find out where terminal is but I don't like the look of super super long hair. My ends are not as nice and soft as I'd expected them to be and I have not found the solution to combat this. If you have ideas to suggest about my length or ends, please comment!

3 years ago when I first joined this forum I was at BSL
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7888&d=1385877574

2 years ago I continued down past waist, to hip:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7889&d=1385877576

Earlier this year I reached tailbone:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2633&d=1360799006

And finally TODAY!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7890&d=1385877578

MeowScat
November 30th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Gorgeous hair, wow! Happy hairiversary to youuuuuu! :)

Crumpet
November 30th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Wow, fast and beautiful growth. I think your hair looks amazing. I'm impressed by your progress. Well done!

anitacs9101
November 30th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Congrats and beautiful hair :)

ebullience
December 1st, 2013, 12:04 AM
Wow!! Your hair is amazing

SamEatsBrains
December 1st, 2013, 12:08 AM
Wow. Absolutely gorgeous hair! Gorgeous hemline and it looks so shiny and soft. Lovely lovely lovely. And nice fast progress :D!

Ambystoma
December 1st, 2013, 12:10 AM
Amazing! The ends look lovely and thick even after growing so fast. The only thing I can recommend for your ends if you feel like you've tried a lot of things is to make sure they are kept free of build up, my last 3 inches especially always feel a little rougher if I don't clarify/chelate regularly, and they seem to absorb moisture really well afterwards. Congratulations, it looks really gorgeous :thud:

Heni
December 1st, 2013, 01:57 AM
Truly gorgeous hair! I love how shiny, sleek your hair is and your ends...so healthy! congrats! :cheer:

Nebulae
December 1st, 2013, 02:33 AM
Congratulations! :D Great growth, very healthy looking and nice hemline! Did you trim anything at all during these years?
Also, the tailbone photo is gorgeous :flower:

NuclearApple
December 1st, 2013, 03:24 AM
your hair is gorgeous,the color is amazing and the texture too :)

Tlb2012
December 1st, 2013, 04:14 AM
Congrats and beautiful hair :)

How long did it take you to go from pixie to the length you are now? I started with a pixie too!

Tlb2012
December 1st, 2013, 04:15 AM
It's been 3 years! I reached Classic, started at BSL Can you believe it? I've reached my short goal of "longer than my mom's when she was young" length. My long term goal is terminal but at this point I don't know whether or not to continue growing or to trim back slightly. I really do want to find out where terminal is but I don't like the look of super super long hair. My ends are not as nice and soft as I'd expected them to be and I have not found the solution to combat this. If you have ideas to suggest about my length or ends, please comment!

3 years ago when I first joined this forum I was at BSL
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7888&d=1385877574

2 years ago I continued down past waist, to hip:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7889&d=1385877576

Earlier this year I reached tailbone:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2633&d=1360799006

And finally TODAY!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7890&d=1385877578

Wow! Your hair is so beautiful! What an inspiration!

SleepyTangles
December 1st, 2013, 04:24 AM
Beautiful :heartbeat!
Congrats on achieving such lenght in three years - its more than the double! And it looks shiny and healthy, so its definitively inspiring.

Skade
December 1st, 2013, 04:59 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful! It looks so healthy and shiny!

jacqueline101
December 1st, 2013, 05:38 AM
Thats amazing growth and your hair is so shiny. Happy anniversary to you.

restless
December 1st, 2013, 05:48 AM
Oh this thread gave me some serious hair envy. Its beautiful :) I cant believe its grown so fast, well done!

bunzfan
December 1st, 2013, 06:04 AM
Whoa holy hair growth batman we joined in the same year and you have twice as much hair!! it looks gorgeous :thud: how often do you trim because your ends look perfect.

Stray_mind
December 1st, 2013, 06:12 AM
Congrats, your hair looks very beautiful :)

Colourful
December 1st, 2013, 08:01 AM
What a nice journey! Your hair is so pretty! :)

lapushka
December 1st, 2013, 08:16 AM
Amazing journey! Congrats!!! :D

Lilybeany
December 1st, 2013, 09:00 AM
OMG..Im well jell now.Fab hair. So makes me wanna keep going. Perfect hair. Bet you proud of it. Great pics. Very inspiring.

ProverbsGirl
December 1st, 2013, 09:06 AM
Beautiful Hair!

Lostsoule77
December 1st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! That is quite inspiring. Congratulations on your anniversary. :D

ashke50
December 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM
Your hair is stunning! And that's some impressive growth too. Your ends look fine in the photo, but you could always maintain at that length for a few months and then carry on once you've trimmed off the straggly bits, if they are there.

Annibelle
December 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Omg, your hair looks awesome! :thudpile:

Rio040113
December 1st, 2013, 10:07 AM
You literally have my 'in a perfect world' dream hair! Stunning! :thud:

mariakatija
December 1st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! It's very inspiring! I have BSL now so in three years I think I will be at classic!

nobeltonya
December 1st, 2013, 02:02 PM
Wow, love your hair! Congrats and awesome growth. :D :disco:

leslissocool
December 1st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Congras! Your hair looks amazing! :thud:

Yozhik
December 1st, 2013, 02:45 PM
Stunning hair, Hypersensitive!
It's precisely the type of hair I wanted to have when I was younger (well, other than the times I wanted it to be red :p). :inlove: :heart:

Did you grow that quickly with trims? If you didn't have many, I'd suggest a trim to fix those dry ends, although to me it doesn't look like you have any.

By the way, I absolutely adore the photo of you on that mountain. I had to go and check your location, because the landscape looks quite similar to some areas we have along the Blue Ridge in Virginia.

I decided fairly recently that super-long lengths weren't for me, but I only got to "can I call this BCL" before I trimmed back to waist. If you do decide not to grow to terminal, then, I'm guessing your "shorter" length will still be much longer than my hair has ever been. :) But what I'm actually trying to say is if you do want shorter hair - go for it! Yes, your hair is stunning now, but I'm sure it will be just as beautiful at a shorter length, and it can always grow back (and quickly, too!) to its former length. ^_^

durgidog
December 1st, 2013, 02:58 PM
Congrats!!! Your hair is beautiful! It looks so healthy.

Madora
December 1st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Great growing, hypersensitive! Your hair looks wonderful! Congrats!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2013, 03:23 PM
Well done , your hair looks gorgeous and healthy, does it still feel short, and are you planning on growing it longer still?

0xalis
December 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM
Your hair is sooooo beautiful, I'm envious ♥♥ Your ends look lovely, too, don't be too self-conscious~

Beatnik Guy
December 1st, 2013, 06:16 PM
:thudpile:

LauraLongLocks
December 1st, 2013, 06:26 PM
Your hair is stunning! The stuff I can only dream about at this point! Your ends look totally fine to me, and your length is so shiny and pretty. Happy anniversary. Your growth is very inspiring. I hope to be where you are soon!

joflakes
December 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Whoah, your hair is beautiful :thudpile:

hypersensitive
December 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Aww you guys :inlove: I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who commented. It took 3 years to get to this length and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Congratulations! :D Great growth, very healthy looking and nice hemline! Did you trim anything at all during these years?
Also, the tailbone photo is gorgeous :flower:

Whoa holy hair growth batman we joined in the same year and you have twice as much hair!! it looks gorgeous :thud: how often do you trim because your ends look perfect.

Stunning hair, Hypersensitive!
It's precisely the type of hair I wanted to have when I was younger (well, other than the times I wanted it to be red :p). :inlove: :heart:

Did you grow that quickly with trims? If you didn't have many, I'd suggest a trim to fix those dry ends, although to me it doesn't look like you have any.

I trimmed regularly. Every 6 months or so I took off about half an inch. I just took off half an inch a month earlier hoping the ends would get better but they're about the same. The ends of course we all have to be especially protective.

By the way, I absolutely adore the photo of you on that mountain. I had to go and check your location, because the landscape looks quite similar to some areas we have along the Blue Ridge in Virginia.

Thank you! That photo was taken in Mt. Tamalpias in the Bay Area. It's a beautiful area!

Well done , your hair looks gorgeous and healthy, does it still feel short, and are you planning on growing it longer still?

This is the longest it has ever been and it definitely feels long to me! I think I will keep growing but I won't care too much about body markers anymore. From here to knee (if I ever get there) is a very very long way to go.

Your hair is sooooo beautiful, I'm envious ♥♥ Your ends look lovely, too, don't be too self-conscious~

=) Thanks for the advice emilylightning. We are all caught up in our own body images that we should be thankful of what we already have. There are people out there who would love to have what we already have, right?

*BrunetteBeauty
December 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Your hair is so beautiful. :)

duchess67
December 2nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is so gorgeous!

Lyv
December 2nd, 2013, 10:46 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks like it's out of a fairytale :heartbeat

Andeee
December 2nd, 2013, 11:51 PM
I agree with everyone--such quick growth, such shiny, thick, and beautiful hair!

Zebra Fish
December 3rd, 2013, 01:32 AM
Congratz! Really nice hair! Can't know how your ends feel like, but they look nice and shiny. Maybe microtrimming for a bit if you are unsure of what to do?

SongofLove
December 3rd, 2013, 02:22 AM
That is some gorgeous, healthy-looking hair! Congrats!! :inlove:

Agnes Hannah
December 3rd, 2013, 06:56 AM
I'm SPEEECHLESS Its beautiful, I love it!! Congrats x

RubyTuesday
December 3rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Beautiful thick, shiny hair. Love love love it!

hypersensitive
December 3rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Thank you!!

Hls13
December 4th, 2013, 03:40 AM
I'd be thrilled if my hair looked like yours did at bsl let alone longer, how beautiful x

Gumball
December 4th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Stunning. Just stunning. :thud: Happy anniversary!

hypersensitive
December 5th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Thank you! Gumball, could you braid my hair if I come to a meetup? :love:

Tini'sNewHair
December 5th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Your hair just took my breath away!!!!!!!!!!! So perfect, so STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such an inspiration!!! I'm at BSL now and i can only dream to be where you are now in 3 years time :D

Gumball
December 6th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Thank you! Gumball, could you braid my hair if I come to a meetup? :love:

Definitely! I always bring my stuff to meets, so I'm ready to roll. (Because of that, I'm seriously the noisiest person ever when walking around. I'm an avalanche with feet! :scared:)