PDA

View Full Version : almost no growth this month

ErinLeigh
November 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I last colored roots Nov 6. Looking at the demarcation line I have had 1/4 inch growth this month! Quite discouraging.
never tracked my growth before but I know I used to have mega roots after 2 months. Maybe too much oil?

DweamGoiL
November 28th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I don't think oil is the issue. Hair growth is more closely related to diet and lifestyle vs. topical formulations. If your diet is good and your stress levels are low and there are no other medical conditions or drugs you are taking which may slow down growth, you may also see a change as you get older. I know for myself I feel my growth and the thickness of my hair overall has decreased a bit since I was in my 30's. I just try not to stress about it and let it do its thing.

ErinLeigh
November 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
1/4 inch in 22 days does not seem good but what can I do? I don't know why I am impatient. I just wish it would grow faster! It's very hard sometimes going shorter than you wanted to. Gah it is right at CB. It's going to take a full 12 months based on estimations to reach BSL and I don't think that counts trims. I do dust every 2 months so I wish I knew how far that sets me back.
I'm heading over to no trim club and SL to APL to see how far others are growing as I just found those threads yea! I feel better now :)

Before I go, can anyone advise if this is way below average? I see 1 inch a month reports and don't know if thats majority or minority. I know 1/2 is average but is anyone moving as slow as 1/4 inch on 22 days? I am kind of freaking out.

ErinLeigh
November 28th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks Dweamgirl. You are very correct. I have horrible lifestyle. I work 12 hr graveyard shifts 4 days a week at a high stress job, I never sleep and i eat like crap lately since I am too exhausted to shop/cook. I also stopped exercising a year ago again due to fatigue. I really need to find a life routine to match my job and get my life back on track.

ErinLeigh
November 28th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I also turned 40 this year so imagine there are some pretty big changes that come with that as well. :(

DweamGoiL
November 28th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Just be patient and make the small changes in your lifestyle that you can stick with. From your avatar, you have very pretty hair. Once it grows out, I bet it will be amazing. You will find lots of LHC'ers have grown from way shorter so you are in a good place to start from right now :)

sarahthegemini
November 28th, 2013, 11:46 AM
1 inch per month is definitely not the majority. Seriously 1/4 inch in 22 days is just fine.

Stray_mind
November 28th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Yeah, no worries. Try meditation to relieve stress, eat healthier and maybe do a tiny workout if you have at least 30 minutes of free time. I think it could help.

lapushka
November 28th, 2013, 03:28 PM
1 inch per month is definitely not the majority. Seriously 1/4 inch in 22 days is just fine.

I agree with that. For goodness sake ;) the month isn't even over yet, and already you're starting to freak out? :D

Rio040113
November 28th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I agree with that. For goodness sake ;) the month isn't even over yet, and already you're starting to freak out? :D

I second this! One month I got .1 inch growth, seriously :lol: but the next month I got a full inch :shrug: My normal growth per month is on the slower side, just under the average of 1/2 inch per month but it's growing steadily (usually, ha) so I'm happy. It's taken me 1 year and 9 months to go from just past APL to almost BCL* ;)

*For reference I'm 4"11.

ErinLeigh
November 29th, 2013, 03:52 AM
yes of course I am freaking out lol. I never measured my hair before. I was bored and curious and now wish I hadn't. I liked the delusion it grew fast. It seems I always have mega roots so I thought it was faster growing than it was. I have always measured my body...never hair. I don't think I need a new obsession so prob will be hiding the measure tape for now.
Like I said earlier, I work 12 hr shifts (completely alone) so sometime that can lead to disaster on a slow night. Perhaps I should try to do mini workouts instead of staring at hair.

spidermom
November 29th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Growth rate is usually figured out by averaging the length increase over a number of months, like 12. I average 2/3 inch per month, but that's after a year. There were some months when I got 0 measureable growth.

ErinLeigh
November 29th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Growth rate is usually figured out by averaging the length increase over a number of months, like 12. I average 2/3 inch per month, but that's after a year. There were some months when I got 0 measureable growth.

wow, I guess that's great when you color and like the length. lol
I never cared about length before, as a matter of fact it annoyed me as I had to do roots so often. Now that I am so short, I am in the hurry up and grow mode and of course a watched pot never boils and all that. I also think I grow more in summer. At least pictures seem to reflect that. I would like it to get another inch soon though as the nape hairs wont stay up when I pin it up. That bugs me.

I am kind of regretting the last cut. After I fried it I got it cut, but then went back a week later and cut more. I had air dried the next night after the first cut and it dried funny and had lots of feathering and little pieces sticking up so I rushed out and chopped more. Hindsight I should have waited on that one. I lost more length and now have all these flippy layers :/ It's healthier but I wish I would have given it a month to see what I could to make it better first. I think I want it to grow mostly so I don't have a reminder of a dumb decision looking me in the face every day.

I guess I am just going to enjoy my hair as is and any length will just be bonus. What else can you do? I need to move on. hmmm hard to do with uneven layers though. ugh!

prettyinpink
November 29th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Have you been feeling well? Do you have a sinus infection or a cold?