PDA

View Full Version : In which you lighten hair without bleach and without damage....

NoRush
November 28th, 2013, 09:24 AM
If this has already been posted just erase please.

I don't like to bash people and usually I don't even comment on such videos, but today either I'm feeling particularly uncharitable or the things I'm hearing are really too much... I'd like to make clear that I'm not bashing the bleaching, to each their own with their own head, my problem are the claims she's making.

Three things struck me as odd about this:

1.- "I went blond without any damage AT ALL"
2.- Hydrogen Peroxide is not bleach, so it doesn't damage hair.
3.- two lightening processes in three days but, you know, left two days for natural oils to repair hair and avoid damage and dryiness...
So yeah..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6I4lz56xNE

kganihanova
November 28th, 2013, 10:55 AM
This girl is interesting. What color is that even??? Brassy orange blonde?

ErinLeigh
November 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM
is that even blonde? :) I am about to watch to see if she at least used coconut oil under the lightening agents. I don't like to bash either but I really do not like her color. I hope she does at least. That is all that matters and all but ya...you will always get damge when lightening hair so it is pretty ballsy to say with ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE. Very misleading.

ErinLeigh
November 28th, 2013, 11:21 AM
ok just watched. She doesn't seem to love the color. It is kinda sad as she had nice hair to start with. I am just surprised she wanted to make a video to show it off and claim no damage when all she did was dump box dye on her hair and then condition it.

spidermom
November 28th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Damage can take time to become noticeable. I remember thinking a perm didn't damage my hair at all, but six months later I could see that it did.

lapushka
November 28th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Damage can take time to become noticeable. I remember thinking a perm didn't damage my hair at all, but six months later I could see that it did.

Same here with my perm, but still I found it was worth it. The curls were easier to care for than my natural texture. I let it all grow out and it intermixed with my waves nicely, but still... lots of white dots somehow.

ErinLeigh
November 29th, 2013, 04:07 AM
My keratin seemed great at first. I was told it reverses damage as it fills in the porous part. Slowly over time tho I noticed hair getting weaker, dryer and incresed shedding. WHen I got the last keratin treatment after dying hair twice it was the straw that broke the camels back.
That being said its still hard for me to believe she thinks there is absolutely no damage, That's a diff statement than very minimal damage. The video made me sad because I can tell she is going to regret that color and what it did to her hair. It was so nice looking prior. She is already talking about going lighter (platimun)and then in the fall going back to dark. I just want to screm noooooooo as I know she uses no stylist and doesn't know much about color. I can imagine her going to green or red on next dark attempt. :( But its her hair and her possible crisis. I now I have had plenty of my own. I just hate seeing others go thru it.

kganihanova
November 29th, 2013, 09:27 AM
It scares me that you were told that ErinLeigh. I had a stylist recommend the keratin treatment, but remembering your experience, I couldn't say no fast enough!

goldenlady
November 29th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Whaaaaat that's not even blonde.. and peroxide means bleach! What is this!!?

NoRush
November 29th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Whaaaaat that's not even blonde.. and peroxide means bleach! What is this!!?

My thoughts exactly... Unfortunately my youtube is not letting me comment because I have a few chosen words for this video.

Oh and my favorite comment:

"for those saying developer/peroxide is bleach it isn't, im a colorist..." the other half of the comment I agree with, but this little gem made my day :couch:

goldenlady
November 29th, 2013, 04:33 PM
My thoughts exactly... Unfortunately my youtube is not letting me comment because I have a few chosen words for this video.

Oh and my favorite comment:

"for those saying developer/peroxide is bleach it isn't, im a colorist..." the other half of the comment I agree with, but this little gem made my day :couch:

Hahaa Nope definitely bleach.. I would be scared to have my hair coloured by someone that does not know basic chemistry! My natural hair colour is about 4 shades lighter than hers on this video and I still wouldn't fully call it 'blonde'. What a crazy video!

CurlMonster
November 29th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Well, looking at her channel, it seems like she kept it blonde for a couple months and then went red and finally back to dark with no disasters.

I often get videos like these popping up in my 'recommended videos' on Youtube because I watch other hair videos, and I always cringe a few times watching them. People always claim NO damage, not little or minimized damage, which I feel is just not being truthful. And there are always those few comments from people claiming to be hairdressers who say the craziest things. "Oh heat styling is good for your hair because heat makes your hair grow faster!" "You should always brush your hair wet, why do you think they do that at salons?". Almost enough to make me want to do videos about hair.