PDA

View Full Version : Back Layers Keep Breaking

ebba
November 27th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Hello there LHC'ers

So last january I had a horrendous haircut where they cut my back layers to my Occipital bone and since then they have grown maybe an inch in the 11 months.
The rest kind of grows but I can't figure out how to grow it! I trimmed it in september to see if fresh ends would help but nothing helps!

I use shampoo bars, ACV rinses, Castor/ coconut hot oil treatments, take biotin, multi vitamins, omega fish oils, and B vitamins , stretch washes and i exclusively clip my hair up with hairdresser claw clips. I also wrap my hair up in silk scarves at night but they slip off while I sleep lol

What can I do? I don't see many splits at all and I cant braid it because they are too short and slips out seconds later

Madora
November 27th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Try daily massage..and have plenty of patience! You'll need to wait a while before you can actually do anything with it. Just keep away from harmful things like heat or straightening or teasing. Be sure you're eating a good diet too. Good luck!

ebba
November 27th, 2013, 04:00 PM
thanks I have been trying the daily massage and never use heat but my diet could be a bit better lol

Liz_park
November 27th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Omigosh, this happened to me years ago...a stylist cut this weird super short layer right at the back of my head. It seemed like it took forever to grow, so I understand your plight!

I wonder, is it breaking because it's sort of unprotected at the back of your head? Would a protective hairstyle like putting it in the middle of a bun help it grow at all?

ErinLeigh
November 27th, 2013, 05:03 PM
I find when you have short layers back there they are the hardest to grow. I just got some myself and they drive me crazy as far as trying to wear up up. Even though they are the shortest bits of hair they tend to be the unhealthiest. I cant tell if it is because of the mechanical wear and tear or attaching clips to that section to wear it up? If it is where the sun hits the most, the part the rubs the most or what...but I do understand what you are saying. As far as oils..have you tried emu? It is supposed to revive clogged follicles and regrow hair. If it truly is hair not growing as opposed to breaking...it cant hurt to try rubbing to that part of scalp. I think it would be nice for length also..maybe it even protects the length a bit if applied to that area. It is nice and creamy and seems to make hair feel nice and soft.
It may be propaganda but what the heck..here goes..

Perhaps the most remarkable finding was that emu oil awakened over 80% of hair follicles that had been “asleep”… and caused hair to start growing again!

“We found that there was an enhancement in the growth activity of the hair follicles…[a] very good scientific indication that we were stimulating skin growth,” Hollick stated.

Researchers believe that using emu oil for hair loss will have an amazing effect on hair growth due to its abundance of essential fatty acids (EFAs). One of those EFAs, oleic acid, may be the secret behind emu oil’s ability to penetrate deep into the skin.

Also, grapeseed oil is a natural ceramide. Those are supposed to be fantastic for hair and help it not break. I am about to start mixing the 2 oils (grapeseed, emu) and try that for a while in addition to the castor/coconut combo.