PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Hair

Long_hair_bear
November 27th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Hey all!

What are your Thanksgiving plans and more importantly, how are you going to wear your hair?

I'll pry wear mine in a braided bun with my fall harvest comb. :happydance:

Sillage
November 27th, 2013, 12:38 PM
I'm going to have a chill Thanksgiving with my family and wear my hair in a Gibson tuck decorated with my big beautiful autumn leaf barrette

http://i.imgur.com/X8Ov6vu.jpg

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

mariakatija
November 27th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I didn't think about this! I'll probably wear a french braid. I just learned how to do one yesterday!

sunflowersmiles
November 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I am going to try a 5 stranded french braid. If that fails too bad I will just do my usual diagonal dutch braid with a side bun. I might add some flowers to spice it up.

Rio040113
November 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
No Thanksgiving here in England so I guess I'll just have to wait for Christmas hair :lol: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating though!

jupiterinleo
November 27th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I'm going to have a chill Thanksgiving with my family and wear my hair in a Gibson tuck decorated with my big beautiful autumn leaf barrette

http://i.imgur.com/X8Ov6vu.jpg

This is gorgeous!

I plan on putting my hair in a French braid. I've been practicing the last few weeks so tomorrow I can hopefully get it to look presentable.

Sillage
November 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM
This is gorgeous!

Thanks :) I got it from Hair Boutique. They're all sold out of Tokyo but they still have the barrette in Lavender (http://mp.hairboutique.com/Laurent-Olivier-Filigree-Leaf-Barrette-Lilac/P/106939/C/#.UpaBaYVFFQA) which would be perfect for spring. Thinking of snagging one myself because the size is so delightfully large and the design is really pretty.

tetisheri72
November 27th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Depends on if it's still raining or not. If it's not, then I will probably wear my moon in a disk or LWB. If it is, then I will wear my pretty copper haze sticks in the same style.

hypersensitive
November 27th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Last year I wore a twisted chignon and I was determined to wear it with a metal fork with lots of bling. Unfortunately, it got really uncomfortable. This year, I think I'll be wearing a side caterpillar braid.

Kelli Kat
November 27th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Dinner with family. I'll wear my hair the same why I always wear it with whatever toy I'm feeling when I get dressed. I don't usually dress or wear my hair any way special for holidays.

rowie
November 27th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I think i'll do the same as you LHB and do a braided bun but using my "Red Ruby bouquet" which is the current Flexi8 of the month as my centerpiece. :joy:

Let me see if I can find a picture of it, oh yes:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/13775aff-ac1c-4cba-8111-bc0e1f351ff3_zps58050f2f.jpg

Long_hair_bear
November 27th, 2013, 06:08 PM
I think i'll do the same as you LHB and do a braided bun but using my "Red Ruby bouquet" which is the current Flexi8 of the month as my centerpiece. :joy:

Let me see if I can find a picture of it, oh yes:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/13775aff-ac1c-4cba-8111-bc0e1f351ff3_zps58050f2f.jpg

What size is that, rowie?

swearnsue
November 27th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I've got my hair drying in 4 braids right now with rollers on the ends. Tomorrow I'll wear my braid-curly hair up with my new medium Flexi8. I forgot the name of it already, the one with all the colors and swar. crystal in the center.

It will be up and out of the way so I can help in the kitchen cooking and messing up someone else's kitchen.

rowie
November 27th, 2013, 06:27 PM
What size is that, rowie?

It's an XL in a center held bun. I usually do center held type buns so I tend to get size XL for Flexi. If I did cinnabuns then I'd get a mega. But I don't like how heavy the mega feels to me. Like this:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/e933f347-adfb-48f1-9368-fa7d3f08f63f_zps72bbf975.jpg

ETA: Also if I wear a mega in a center held type bun at a lower position then it looks really big on me.:lol:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/62edeabf-88d0-4350-b649-e79a0a182bda_zps6e49c38a.jpg

Long_hair_bear
November 27th, 2013, 06:29 PM
It's an XL in a center held bun. I usually do center held type buns so I tend to get size XL for Flexi. If I did cinnabuns then I'd get a mega. But I don't like how heavy the mega feels to me. Like this:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/e933f347-adfb-48f1-9368-fa7d3f08f63f_zps72bbf975.jpg

Ah.... was just gonna say, if thats a mega, sell it to me! :lol:

rowie
November 27th, 2013, 06:31 PM
My flitter to fall (the green one) is a mega. But I could never part with it. :)

Long_hair_bear
November 27th, 2013, 06:40 PM
My flitter to fall (the green one) is a mega. But I could never part with it. :)

No no, I mean the November one, were it a mega. :)

rowie
November 27th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Oh ok. Yeah that one you would of liked since it had purple with it! I didn't capture the purple in my picture because I used a filter to make the reds pop out. :lol:

ravenheather
November 27th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Probably a Dutch braid for dinner at my sister's.

Long_hair_bear
November 27th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Oh ok. Yeah that one you would of liked since it had purple with it! I didn't capture the purple in my picture because I used a filter to make the reds pop out. :lol:

Oh, I've seen it. My flexi 8 consultant has it for sale but the xl tends to be abit snug on me. She is holding if for me till I can make up my mind. :)

LauraLongLocks
November 27th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I decorated some Amish pins of mine with fall-colored leaf buttons. I think I'll figure a way to wear the leaf button pins with whatever style I'm in the mood for tomorrow.

rowie
November 27th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Oh, I've seen it. My flexi 8 consultant has it for sale but the xl tends to be abit snug on me. She is holding if for me till I can make up my mind. :)

Definitely worth it as you can contact Kate or Steve and have them convert it to a mega. In fact i'm gonna convert some of my FOTM I found in larges into XL. I haven't done it yet since I don't know how much they charge for custom converting pieces.

Long_hair_bear
November 27th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I decorated some Amish pins of mine with fall-colored leaf buttons. I think I'll figure a way to wear the leaf button pins with whatever style I'm in the mood for tomorrow.

I'm going to wear my fall jewelry tomorrow too. Last chance this year!

slyviolet
November 27th, 2013, 07:05 PM
I am planning on wearing my new superparanda (9 long multi-strand braids of hand-dyed sock yarn in variegated jewel tones, 3 for each section of hair!) in a braided bun to show off my new hair toy. I may or may not use the bamboo double-pointed knitting needles as hair sticks, I've discovered the braided bun stays up on its own very nicely with all of the paranda braid wrapped around the outside and the ends tucked in underneath.

https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/s720x720/1459925_10201779440380470_1710442062_n.jpg

Wildcat Diva
November 27th, 2013, 07:12 PM
For some reason I'm feeling particularly thankful for my green burl/ ebony Elymwold fork set, and I'll wear an orchid bun.

Long_hair_bear
November 28th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Thanksgiving Chinese bun with my Thyme2dream custom hair stick! :)

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/a9a6c6028f8accc7e7238c2888bca100.jpg

Kelli Kat
November 28th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Very pretty LHB. I ended up just twisting mine up with a gray barrette.

heidi w.
November 28th, 2013, 02:04 PM
My friend came over and cooked Thanksgiving, and I'm having another friend join us. I'll probably ponytail my stump.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
heidi w.

ExpectoPatronum
November 28th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Just a dinner with my entire family...And I'm wearing my hair natural like always. My family likes my curly hair, though they all insist on straightening theirs. o.O

Kitten1030
November 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I washed mine. That's pretty special. It's been a week.

sunflowersmiles
November 28th, 2013, 10:32 PM
I started with wearing my hair in a 5 strand braid, but it wanted to undo itself so I did the elvish inspired half up that I have as my avatar. I thought it was pretty cool!

Lyv
November 30th, 2013, 07:20 AM
We just had dinner for the two of us so mine was thrown in a bun and we ate in our pj's haha!

jacqueline101
November 30th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I'm sore from laundry duty at work. We had a professional treat the building for bed bugs. I stayed home and watched the movie whatever happen to baby jane. It's a movie I like. I did set out my stuff for wash day.

LauraLongLocks
November 30th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I'm sore from laundry duty at work. We had a professional treat the building for bed bugs. I stayed home and watched the movie whatever happen to baby jane. It's a movie I like. I did set out my stuff for wash day.

Bed bugs are the one pest I'm totally freaked out about. I read how terrible they are to exterminate, and I am so grateful that we've never seen any here. I hope the professional got all of them in your building. I hear they can live for a very long time without a human host, so even if you go on vacation for several weeks to get away from them (hoping they'll all die off), that they will still be alive and well when you return. Extreme heat and extreme cold (for an extended time period) are both supposed to be effective means to kill them. Good luck!

shutterpillar
November 30th, 2013, 09:16 AM
I wish I knew of this thread's existence, because I would have posted a photo! I guess that's what I get for being too busy.

My hair wasn't doing anything very intricate for thanksgiving, but I did have it in a very simple but (in my opinion) elegant looking half-up. I really liked how it looked, so I'll probably end up doing it again soon and I'll have to take a picture.

I just wish I had some sort of clip or something to put on it to make it look a little spiffier.

jacqueline101
November 30th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Bed bugs are the one pest I'm totally freaked out about. I read how terrible they are to exterminate, and I am so grateful that we've never seen any here. I hope the professional got all of them in your building. I hear they can live for a very long time without a human host, so even if you go on vacation for several weeks to get away from them (hoping they'll all die off), that they will still be alive and well when you return. Extreme heat and extreme cold (for an extended time period) are both supposed to be effective means to kill them. Good luck!
Thanks for the support. I hope the exterminator gets them all. I've been bit by them at work it's no fun. I've tried to get something done about it years ago.

Brattina88
November 30th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I wanted my hair out of my face, so I did a side braid, kind of like the "katniss" braid. But later I took it down, showing off the braid waives.
I admire your guy's updos & accessories! I'm patiently adding to my hair toy collection as I gain length :o lol