PDA

View Full Version : Suave Green Apple and Lactic Acid - HELP

ErinLeigh
November 27th, 2013, 01:35 AM
I bought Suave Juciy Green Apple for Co washing.
Upon reading the ingredients I noticed Lactic Acid was the 4th.

I found this on the internet..thoughts??

Lactic acid is an ingredient in many shampoos and other hair-care products. It serves a number of purposes, depending on how the product is formulated. With hair that has become dry and scaly, lactic acid and other mild acids relax and smooth the hair, making it more manageable. One major shampoo manufacturer touts lactic acid on its website as an ingredient that helps restore strength and elasticity to hair by altering the ionic charge of its molecules. In slightly higher concentrations, lactic acid also strips away part of the hair's protective keratin coating. This improves hair's ability to absorb other restorative ingredients.
Lactic acid's ability to strip away your hair's protective keratin coating is also harnessed in a number of hair-removal products. These depilatories remove unwanted hair by using lactic acid to remove the protective keratin layer, then weakening the hair itself with more potent chemicals such as acetylsalicylic acid, better known as aspirin. The hair is weakened by the acidic depilatory and can be rinsed away in the shower. Unwanted hair loss sometimes occurs in people with medical conditions that cause excessive perspiration. Sweat naturally contains lactic acid, and in excessive amounts, it can cause hair loss.