PDA

View Full Version : I fell off the long hair train. And I mean WAY off.

PossibleMermaid
November 26th, 2013, 11:41 PM
I diligently frequented this forum for about a year while I grew out my hair from a pixie cut. (Which, for the record, I adored) After a long, hard year of work, I caved and cut back to my pixie. And once again, I have decided to grow it back out. Last time it took me about a year to reach shoulder length with minimal trims, so my goal this time is to reach shoulder length by Thanksgiving 2014. I am making a pact, right now, that I will not cave again. Something that will definitely help this is the fact that I am off at college now, and I don't have the time/money to drive back to my salon to get my pixie touched up every month or so like I used to. I have a concrete goal this time too- I want to hit BSL. Last time I didn't have a real goal and I think that made it harder too. Here's to another happy year of growing and learning how to live with curly hair. :)

Now all I need is you lovely ladies for inspiration!

LauraLongLocks
November 26th, 2013, 11:46 PM
The awkward stage for me seems to be anything shorter than APL or maybe even BSL. You just have to be patient and wait to get past that stage. You can do it. I did. It's worth it, when you get to the other side.

joflakes
November 27th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Good luck!

restless
November 27th, 2013, 01:08 AM
You can do it! There will be some awkward stages throughout the process, but itīll be worth it in the end. Meanwhile, try to enjoy every lenght and do the best out of it; there are pretty clips and hair bands for the bad days.

Also, youve got a great advantage here; your hair is still short and (I assume) undamaged at this point and thus, you have a good opportunity to keep it healthy if you treat it kindly (= dont go overboard with heat and bleach, give it moisture etc). Me, I decided I wanted my hair to be (ridiculously) long when my hair was around APL and dyed, teased, hair sprayed and abused with heat. I dont have to mention Ive been microtrimming away lots of bad ends, right...? You have a chance to avoid that route.

Good luck! :blossom:

HintOfMint
November 30th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Good luck! And college is great for forgetting about the salon since you're far from your regular place.

Lilybeany
November 30th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Hey girl you can do it. I fell many many times. Its just hair...and it grows. Use it as a challange..be fun. We will cheer you on and in no time you be posting long locks. I try and forget my hair at akward stage and keep my goal in mind. I know its a pain..but so worth it girl.Good luck.

Addy
November 30th, 2013, 02:29 AM
I've been growing out a pixie and a bad dye job since April and so many people raved how well it was cut and how great I looked. It was very appreciated too. My husband loves my hair short but I will never have a pixie again. I actually can't wait for shoulder length.

Good luck growing!

ErinLeigh
November 30th, 2013, 03:10 AM
You have a graceful neck in the signature pic. I am thinking you probably look quite stunning right now so this grow out will be a cinch. You will look good in every stage.

RegretsHerCut
November 30th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I've been growing out my pixie (first and last time I cut my hair that short) since last January. It's neck length right now so I think It'll be shoulder length by January 2014.. My ultimate goal is butt length though... Hang in there :cheer: