PDA

View Full Version : Little henna mini-success story :)

tbonita
November 25th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I always considered my hair pretty much on the finer side. I currently have a pixie and I've been hennaing a lot lately. Today at the grocery store, a stranger came up to me to complement my 'thick, beautiful hair'!!! That was a first! I attribute that to henna and my natural haircare regime I've been slowly adopting. I know YMMV, but henna's definitely thickening up these strands! Now if they'll only groooow... ;)

I had to share my little triumph!

Shatam1
November 25th, 2013, 08:27 PM
They WILL grow:) just let them take their time .... Keep us posted with pics through out your hair growth journey.

tbonita
November 25th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks Shatam1 for the encouragement! ;)

AmyBeth
November 26th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Congratulations! I think the thickening effects of henna are more noticeable on us fineys than on people who have thick hair to start with. It's been incredible for my hair.

tbonita
November 26th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Thanks AmyBeth! That must explain why some of us are experiencing the thickening while others aren't. Well, we're the ones who need it ha ;) !

Medievalmaniac
November 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Yay, how exciting! I'm so glad you got some validation! :)

tbonita
November 28th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks Medievalmaniac!! ;)

browneyedsusan
December 1st, 2013, 10:04 AM
My first henna made me want to grow my hair.
I always thought I had crappy, thin hair; but henna makes it nice! Super nice!

tbonita
December 1st, 2013, 11:47 AM

I love your color too browneyedsusan. Your hair is lovely! Yes just a few hennas and it's like a new head of hair! One time I shed a strand and I thought it was my husband's cause it was so thick and strong, til I noticed it was red! Why does he have to be the one with naturally lush hair ha!? Well thanks to henna I'm closing in on him!

massivecnqstdr
December 4th, 2013, 05:54 PM

browneyedsusan - everytime I see your pic in your siggie I am reminded of my hair! The texture in the first pic looks just like mine! I hope that my hair looks as nice and full as your recent pic when I get it long! I'ma keep the henna comin'.....

OP - I'm so glad henna is thickening your hair so much! It's truly awesome the difference in texture that happens.

browneyedsusan
December 4th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks, tbonita and Massive. I like my hair now, too. For the first time in a lot of years. (My recent siggy was on a breezy day. Its hard to get a siggy when it's clean, down, sort of in its natural texture, in decent light, a family member is around to take it... I can never get those stars to align, so all my siggies are moderately jacked up!) Your hair will grow out. It just takes some time. It already looks pretty good, and will just get better! :thumbsup:

OP: thick, beautiful hair in a pixie cut?!? Slow clap for tbonita! Atta-girl!

tbonita
December 6th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Thank you gals for the encouragement!