PDA

View Full Version : Questions Regarding Scalp Massages...

Hatsune Miku
November 25th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Hello everybody and good morning! I recently joined LHC and you guys have been so helpful! Now I have some more questions for you guys regarding scalp massages~

So I hear that these massages help blood flow and therefore can contribute to healthy growth, right? Well, I'd like to start trying it out! But first I need a few things clarified for me...

1. How long should the massage last? And it should be a daily thing, right?

2. Do you massage yourself or do you have somebody else do it for you?

3. How exactly does the massage work? Do you just make a circular pattern with your fingers or what?

Thanks you in advance for your help! :)

AmyBeth
November 25th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I do it once daily, with my head hanging off the side of the bed, to get maximum blood flow. I'm never quite lucky enough to get someone to do it for me:p. Only for 2-3 minutes actually, just until I feel the "warm tingle". You'll know what I mean. Yeah, just a small circular pattern starting at the nape and moving toward the front hairline, being careful not to massage my hair or tangle it in any way. The night before a shampoo, I use castor oil in the massage. I believe it has helped my growth speed and fullness. Do it every day, and give it time to work, at least 6 months, to see if it really helps.

Madora
November 25th, 2013, 11:50 AM
From George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful Hair (Doubleday 1981):

Do-It-Yourself scalp massage

Lie on your bed on your stomach with your head hanging over the edge. Place your hands, fingers spread open, so that your thumbs are above your ears and your little fingers meet at the top of your forehead. Then moving your fingers in an up and down "regrasping" motion, massage about twenty times in this position. Move on to the next position an inch or so higher on your head and repeat (your thumbs may still be in the same place above your ears). Move on again toward the back of your head (by now your thumbs are further down behind your ears). Continue until you've covered the entire head.

Although this massage in a head-down position gives optimum chances for improved circulation, if you do this sitting up--at your desk, watching television, you'll still be passing on great benefits to your scalp and hair. If your hair is normal to dry, repeat this at least once a day; if you have oily hair, only massage two or three times a week.

On a personal note: Be sure to detangle gently before and after scalp massage

Hatsune Miku
November 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I do it once daily, with my head hanging off the side of the bed, to get maximum blood flow. I'm never quite lucky enough to get someone to do it for me:p. Only for 2-3 minutes actually, just until I feel the "warm tingle". You'll know what I mean. Yeah, just a small circular pattern starting at the nape and moving toward the front hairline, being careful not to massage my hair or tangle it in any way. The night before a shampoo, I use castor oil in the massage. I believe it has helped my growth speed and fullness. Do it every day, and give it time to work, at least 6 months, to see if it really helps.

From George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful Hair (Doubleday 1981):

Do-It-Yourself scalp massage

Lie on your bed on your stomach with your head hanging over the edge. Place your hands, fingers spread open, so that your thumbs are above your ears and your little fingers meet at the top of your forehead. Then moving your fingers in an up and down "regrasping" motion, massage about twenty times in this position. Move on to the next position an inch or so higher on your head and repeat (your thumbs may still be in the same place above your ears). Move on again toward the back of your head (by now your thumbs are further down behind your ears). Continue until you've covered the entire head.

Although this massage in a head-down position gives optimum chances for improved circulation, if you do this sitting up--at your desk, watching television, you'll still be passing on great benefits to your scalp and hair. If your hair is normal to dry, repeat this at least once a day; if you have oily hair, only massage two or three times a week.

On a personal note: Be sure to detangle gently before and after scalp massage

Thank you two so much for the help! I'll leave some time aside for my massage every day and try to follow your directions :)