PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else growing their hair with their partner? Mine just decided to start!

slyviolet
November 24th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Great news, everyone! (a la Dr. Farnsworth from Futurama, only this is actually great news :p )

The Huzz has been so excited about my renewed hair enthusiasm (I had waist-length hair when we first met and cut it to a bob shortly thereafter, and it has been shoulder length or above since then) that he agreed to try out some of the CV shampoo bars that I got, to see if any were good for him as well...

Well, he's gotten so into the CV bars, and watching me oil my hair and play with my new parandas I just made, that today he asked me....

"Would it be okay with you if I let my hair grow long too?"

Um...... YES! Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I AM SO EXCITED.

He even said I could play with it, and teach him how to style and care for it. He has mentioned in the past wanting to put his hair in a topknot like Shiva, and when he brought it up today I was reminded of that, and then realized, "...with a Ravenscroft moon oh my goodness yes." (Lord Shiva wears his hair in a tall, bee-butt style topknot adorned with a snake and a crescent moon. The river Ganges flows from his topknot. So it might not be a precise replication, but at least a nod to Mahadeva! ;) )

Bruiser
November 24th, 2013, 07:41 PM
My husband had the most glorious mane when we met, he was in a heavy metal band and had tailbone length thick wavy caramel hair. He cut it when we started dating I could not be with someone who was prettier than me.

browneyedsusan
November 24th, 2013, 07:47 PM
I wish.
DH is bald as a cueball, but he's a keeper. Maybe he could grow his whiskers? :confused: hmmm....

slyviolet
November 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
My husband had the most glorious mane when we met, he was in a heavy metal band and had tailbone length thick wavy caramel hair. He cut it when we started dating I could not be with someone who was prettier than me.

Ha ha ha, Bruiser that is great. Hair envy is a vicious thing... ;)

lillithnight
November 24th, 2013, 09:12 PM
That's a great idea. My gf has long hair that shrinks to just below her shoulders. When its stright it hits midbackish. I wish I could get her to grow it more but she doesn't like it that long and its fine with me.

AmyBeth
November 24th, 2013, 09:27 PM
DH started growing his out this spring, at my suggestion. He was certainly open to it. He is very resistant to primping and preening though. He has always had curly hair and found out long ago that shampoo did not agree with his hair, so he is WO, then slick it back into a pony tail. When it gets long enough, I might be able to talk him into using a hairstick as long as it's not at all girly.

fluffypuffy
November 25th, 2013, 12:07 AM
The BF has been growing his hair out for all of a month. He has thick, resilient, gorgeous hair, and I'm looking forward to being able to awkwardly french braid it past the end of his skull :3

Tini'sNewHair
November 25th, 2013, 01:30 AM
I wish.
DH is bald as a cueball, but he's a keeper. Maybe he could grow his whiskers? :confused: hmmm....

Haha mine is bald to :)) He used to grow longish hair before he started going bald... he had shoulder length hair when i met him but before that he said it was passed BSL. He would of had amazing black hair!! If he wasnt going bald i would of encouraged him to grow it out again but ah well... but yeah, i still like him :))

SamEatsBrains
November 25th, 2013, 02:28 AM
My boyfriend was growing his hair long when we first got together and his hair was so thick and amazing. I loved to touch it. Then he cut it short! He regretted it soon after though, and it growing it back out though. I don't think he'd ever let it get passed shoulder length, and honestly I wouldn't want him to. But, just above shoulder length looked great on him :D. I'm all for the return!

Lyv
November 25th, 2013, 04:00 AM
My husband wants to grow out his but he's military so that is not an option. I'd really like it if he could though, I got him to agree to let me baby it like I do mine when he gets out.

Neneka
November 25th, 2013, 04:10 AM
That sounds great. :D And Shivas' top knot looks really cool. I wish I had enough hair to do something like that.

I am afraid that I would just start to compete with SO if he decided to grow it too. I know I am 2,5 years ahead but still... :lol:

Soltimus
November 25th, 2013, 05:08 AM
That sounds awesome! I hope there'll be pictures one day. Otherwise... how would we know you're telling the truth! ;) :p :disco: :eyebrows:

My husband has lovely silver hair and when he's let it grow a bit he gets lovely curls at the nape of his neck. I'd looove to see how his hair looks when long, but he's very into '70's fashion, you know, with those very styled haircuts that are almost moulded onto your head (think mod or some skinheads, really). Maybe when he's a bit older he'll go hippie on me instead and we can both be longhairs!

sarahthegemini
November 25th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Sort of in a similar position - me and my bf made a pact about 8 months ago to not cut our hair. He has always had short, slightly longer than buzz cut style hair (I saw a picture of him from a few years ago though and he had such long lovely hair) He doesn't want to grow it like that though, but he promised not to cut it super short again. He hated it, but didn't want to break our pact so he stuck with it, but since having it styled, he loves it now. Unfortunately, I broke our pact and chopped a few inches off. In my defence though, I was getting rid of damage! :p

HintOfMint
November 25th, 2013, 10:54 AM
D'awww, this is adorable! My former boyfriend hated long hair on men and ran to the barber every time his hair got even the teensiest bit too long for his taste (which was anything longer than a crewcut). Granted, he said that because he has thinning hair, "if [I] can't have long thick hair, no other man can!" :p It was a bit of a jealousy thing for him in this case. Another former date/involvement (never got serious but we stayed friends) had long dreadlocks that he tied in a knot. One day, he suggested that I bun my hair into a knot so we could be "twinsies," haha!

slyviolet
November 25th, 2013, 04:29 PM
That sounds awesome! I hope there'll be pictures one day. Otherwise... how would we know you're telling the truth! ;) :p :disco: :eyebrows:

My husband has lovely silver hair and when he's let it grow a bit he gets lovely curls at the nape of his neck. I'd looove to see how his hair looks when long, but he's very into '70's fashion, you know, with those very styled haircuts that are almost moulded onto your head (think mod or some skinheads, really). Maybe when he's a bit older he'll go hippie on me instead and we can both be longhairs!

Ha ha ha it's true, I could just be MAKING THE WHOLE THING UP.... And The Huzz's hair is still only just surpassing the short back and sides cut that he's been getting for years, he's heading into what he has begun to call "Sleepy Hollow territory" because we've been watching the show and he's become quite enamored of the idea of having a colonial style ponytail like Ichabod Crane does. The thought of him with that hairdo... it does things to me... I can't even. :P

Sort of in a similar position - me and my bf made a pact about 8 months ago to not cut our hair. He has always had short, slightly longer than buzz cut style hair (I saw a picture of him from a few years ago though and he had such long lovely hair) He doesn't want to grow it like that though, but he promised not to cut it super short again. He hated it, but didn't want to break our pact so he stuck with it, but since having it styled, he loves it now. Unfortunately, I broke our pact and chopped a few inches off. In my defence though, I was getting rid of damage! :p

I love hair pacts! That's pretty much what The Huzz and I have going too, an agreement that we are both bucking cultural normative pressure (he's even being I think a bit braver than I am in that respect) and that we're going to both have the hair we have always really wanted. So exciting! Keep me posted on how you two do with it!

D'awww, this is adorable! My former boyfriend hated long hair on men and ran to the barber every time his hair got even the teensiest bit too long for his taste (which was anything longer than a crewcut). Granted, he said that because he has thinning hair, "if [I] can't have long thick hair, no other man can!" :p It was a bit of a jealousy thing for him in this case. Another former date/involvement (never got serious but we stayed friends) had long dreadlocks that he tied in a knot. One day, he suggested that I bun my hair into a knot so we could be "twinsies," haha!

Hair knot twinsies! Awesome!

wrh452
November 25th, 2013, 07:04 PM
My husband has actually been growing his hair longer than I have. He has been growing it for 5 years now and has waist length dreads.

Almendra
November 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I convinced my boyfriend to grow his hair three years ago, in the thrird month of our relationship, but I wasn't growing my hair at this time. Now he is in APL and he says that's longer enough for him, and he is goin to get a trim soon, but I remember that he used to say the same when he was in SL. I think he is going to get used to it, since he's too lazy to trim his hair.

Sammy-Catherine
November 25th, 2013, 07:52 PM
My boyfriend has long hair but he isn't trying to grow it out, he's just afriad of haircuts.