PDA

View Full Version : Evil Ponytail Holder - OUCH!

LauraLongLocks
November 24th, 2013, 05:00 PM
My fabric-covered, non-metal elastic band ripped about 15 hairs from the middle of the back of my head today. It got tangled up when I was taking my hair down. I enlisted the help of my husband, and he prevented about 50 additional hairs from being pulled out. I had my hair in the style you see in my avatar. I had trouble neatly flipping my ponytail through when I was doing it up, and when I went to take it down, I realized I had quite a problem. I'm thinking it might be well worth it if I buy one of those topsy turvy tools so I can do a flip-through without losing so many hairs and creating a bald spot on the back of my head.

Neptune
November 24th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Yikes! Thank goodness your husband was there to help!!! Within the last few weeks my BF has saved my waist-length hair from serious entanglements in a) the zipper of my winter coat, and b) the heel of a stiletto in my over-the-door shoe rack. Haha very thankful he rescued me :)

Rio040113
November 24th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Ouch! Glad your hubby was there to perform some damage control!

Mandie
November 24th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I like scrunchies for this reason. My hair has never wrapped around and been ripped out by a scrunchie. I'm also tempted to start wearing ribbons instead of hair ties.

LauraLongLocks
November 24th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I wonder if I could wear a scrunchie in a flip-through without it showing...

lilliemer
November 24th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I wonder if I could wear a scrunchie in a flip-through without it showing...
I've tried scrunchies in sock buns and they don't work. I am guessing it would show in a topsy tail type style too unless it is a really skinny one. You could probably get away with a ribbon elastic like one of these though: http://www.goody.com/Products/Hair_Accessories/Ouchless_Ribbon_Elastics

LauraLongLocks
November 24th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I've tried scrunchies in sock buns and they don't work. I am guessing it would show in a topsy tail type style too unless it is a really skinny one. You could probably get away with a ribbon elastic like one of these though: http://www.goody.com/Products/Hair_Accessories/Ouchless_Ribbon_Elastics

Thank you for the link. I've never seen these before. I'll buy some and give it a try. I'm so hesitant to use regular pony tail holders because EVERY time I use them, I lose hairs. It has been several hours now and it still kind of hurts on the back of my head.