PDA

View Full Version : My partner finally let me to treat his hair

BowTie
November 24th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Okay, so my partner has longish, gorgeous, curly and thick hair.But, it's very tangled and dry. I've talked about co-washing or oiling but he always says it will be too difficult. He washes his hair with shower gel and has never used conditioner.

Well, today I started finger combing his hair. He seemed to enjoy it and asked me to comb it ( I used a wooden comb) Then I decided to try BBB, it made his hair look so shiny! Then he asked if I could oil it. I used coconut oil in his ends. I told him he should do what I do, put conditioner in his ends before washing and it's going to take the oil out, and then wash your hair normally. So, now he's trying conditioner too for the first time!

I can't wait to see how his hair looks like after washing now. ;)

Almendra
November 24th, 2013, 06:31 AM
I'm in the same boat, in another thread I upload pictures of my BF's progress with CO-washing. These long haired men totally careless of their hair... I love long hair in guys... But when it's messy as hell isn't sexy at all. It's like women could have long hair and damage and still look pretty, but in a man it make him appear like a careless person.
Anyway, I'm not gonna push him, because is his choise. But I'm still looking for an effective and easy routine for him if CO don't work, because, he is not gonna try a million of products until find the apropiate like me :p

BowTie
November 24th, 2013, 06:36 AM
I'm in the same boat, in another thread I upload pictures of my BF's progress with CO-washing. These long haired men totally careless of their hair... I love long hair in guys... But when it's messy as hell isn't sexy at all. It's like women could have long hair and damage and still look pretty, but in a man it make him appear like a careless person.
Anyway, I'm not gonna push him, because is his choise. But I'm still looking for an effective and easy routine for him if CO don't work, because, he is not gonna try a million of products until find the apropiate like me :p

He just got out of the shower and he seems happy =) His hair looks amazing too, maybe he will try CO-washing next time :)

Aingeal
November 24th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Fantastic! I bet it looks really great.

LadyCelestina
November 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Cute! :)

Exactly the same situation here :D Except that I never tell him to do stuff with his hair.Our hair types are somewhat similar - just his curls are slightly looser and finer than mine.He asks me about hair and I explain.He chooses to do what he likes.
I once french braided it for him.Only after some time that I was one of the very few people (if any,I never asked :D ) he let to touch his hair.I think it is a precious moment.

Now,I wonder if his ex-gf had short hair all her life,or why was that she never taught him some of the very basics (besides washing and ponytailing )of long hair?Not that it matters,just a thought.

BowTie
November 24th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Cute! :)

Exactly the same situation here :D Except that I never tell him to do stuff with his hair.Our hair types are somewhat similar - just his curls are slightly looser and finer than mine.He asks me about hair and I explain.He chooses to do what he likes.
I once french braided it for him.Only after some time that I was one of the very few people (if any,I never asked :D ) he let to touch his hair.I think it is a precious moment.

Now,I wonder if his ex-gf had short hair all her life,or why was that she never taught him some of the very basics (besides washing and ponytailing )of long hair?Not that it matters,just a thought.

It all started when he said he will cut his hair as it's so dry and tangled. He seemed upset about it so I decided to try to help him :) I hope he will start using conditioner at least :)

YamaMaya
November 24th, 2013, 06:59 AM
My hubby likes to keep his hair long, but refuses to listen to me on how to take care of it. I convinced him to not wash every day as it got quite dry and frizzy and had to be cut rather short. Aside from that, I've told him to use conditioner, and apparently that's "chick stuff", I've asked him to put it in a protective braid to keep it from snarling up (it's baby fine and gets tangled quite easily) and apparently that will make him look "like a ****" (rhymes with flat, dang censor :p). I've even let him use MY Tangle Teezer, but he still brushes it incorrectly (root to tip, ripping through tangles). Sigh...if only he'd listen he could have such beautiful hair, but it just looks shaggy and tangly most days...

Almendra
November 24th, 2013, 07:29 AM
He just got out of the shower and he seems happy =) His hair looks amazing too, maybe he will try CO-washing next time :)

My hubby likes to keep his hair long, but refuses to listen to me on how to take care of it. I convinced him to not wash every day as it got quite dry and frizzy and had to be cut rather short. Aside from that, I've told him to use conditioner, and apparently that's "chick stuff", I've asked him to put it in a protective braid to keep it from snarling up (it's baby fine and gets tangled quite easily) and apparently that will make him look "like a ****" (rhymes with flat, dang censor :p). I've even let him use MY Tangle Teezer, but he still brushes it incorrectly (root to tip, ripping through tangles). Sigh...if only he'd listen he could have such beautiful hair, but it just looks shaggy and tangly most days...

I think CO is the best way to convince a man to change his habits about hair. Men tend to be more practical and they don't want to put a million of stuff in his hair and follow and elaborate routine because it annoys them. When I tell my boyfriend about using millions of products and techniques in his hair, he was like meh... But when I tell him, just wash your hair with this conditioner, you won't need nothing else, just make a very good massage in your scalp, he accept and I can believe it, because he is such a pig headed. Anyway, he already was learnig how to comb and dry to avoid the fryzz, because he was so rude with the friction he mades in his hair with the towel... It drives me crazy!

BowTie
November 24th, 2013, 07:46 AM
I just asked him what he thinks about his hair.. he says he likes it and is going to start using conditioner. His hair feels so moisturized and he has less frizz :)

Ambystoma
November 24th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Yay - it's nice when our loved ones let us take care of their hair! My partner keeps his short, and used to use a ton of products to stop it looking flat, and washed with a harsh anti-dandruff shampoo that did nothing to help his scalp plus never used conditioner since it weighed down his fine 1a hair too much. Now he's been using BS with an ACV rinse exclusively for over a year and comes to me with puppy dog eyes on for me to load it up with coconut oil for a scalp massage the night before washday. Mine would get too dry if I tried that routine but it works perfectly for him. He doesn't need any products any more since it seems to sit really nicely now and always looks clean and shiny and his scalp is really healthy these days. He's even let me do a Cassia treatment on it a couple of times and really liked the extra thickness it gave :heartbeat

Almendra
November 24th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I just asked him what he thinks about his hair.. he says he likes it and is going to start using conditioner. His hair feels so moisturized and he has less frizz :)

Put some pictures of his progress if he lets you :p

BowTie
November 24th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Put some pictures of his progress if he lets you :p

I don't think he will let me :p He is still amazed about his hair :)

joflakes
November 24th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Aw, that's cute!
My BF is great with his hair. He uses Aussie shampoo and conditioner, and has been converted and now owns his own TT! He doesn't have long hair but he likes to keep himself looking good :)