PDA

View Full Version : Will a pre-wash treatment make my hair greasy faster?

sarahthegemini
November 23rd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Hi there, as you may have seen on other threads around here, I have managed to avoid my hair looking piece-y on day 3 by cutting out the LI. I want to start coconut oil pre-wash treatments but I'm a little worried. I am wondering, providing I don't go overboard and I wash my hair effectively (co-wash) will it make my hair piece-y? Obviously that's something I want to avoid! I used to do coconut oil treatments before but I never really noticed a difference in my hair - but then I was shampooing x2 to remove it, whereas now as I co-wash, I will only use condish to remove it. I'm not going to be so heavy-handed with it, just use enough to lightly coat my hair from ears down. I believe my hair to be highly porous btw.

Thoughts? TIA!

nobeltonya
November 23rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
If you apply it the night before you wash [assuming you'll wash in the morning] and as you said, don't glob it on, it should actually help reduce the greasiness of your hair.. and if you're only co-washing, you wouldn't have to apply the oil as often. I shampoo and condition every morning, so I oil every other night.. :disco:

sarahthegemini
November 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
If you apply it the night before you wash [assuming you'll wash in the morning] and as you said, don't glob it on, it should actually help reduce the greasiness of your hair.. and if you're only co-washing, you wouldn't have to apply the oil as often. I shampoo and condition every morning, so I oil every other night.. :disco:

Thanks for the reassurance :) I only wash every 3-4 days but if this works out, I'd like to do a pre-wash before each wash.