PDA

View Full Version : What Conditioner for CO? (Difficulty: Sweden)

Misschilly
November 23rd, 2013, 06:29 AM
What conditioner do you recommend for CO?

I usually use a cheap swedish brand (Coop X-tra) but was thinking abot to order something from iherb.com

I want it to be silicone free and it doesn't hurt if it's inexpensive!

Thank you,

Camilla

Suze2012
November 23rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
If it is working for you then I'd stick with it! :0)

I use very cheap conditioner from a UK grocery store. Tesco Coconut. Cheap isthe way to go forco washing as it has a thinner consistency and you have to use a fair amount - I do anyway! :)
I would only switch if it wasn't suiting my hair in some way.

In the early days I tried Tresemme Naturals but stopped using it as it was too drying for me.

I have also used Inecto but it's slightly more expensive and not as easy to get.

sarahthegemini
November 23rd, 2013, 07:50 AM
Personally I use Asda Essentials Green Apple Co for co-washing. Do you have an Asda in Sweden?

Siiri
November 23rd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Nature's gate is one brand I've read people ordering from iherb for CO-washing. I haven't used it myself though, I prefer buying conditioners locally.

askan
November 23rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Have you tried Garant Såklart conditioner? I use it as my washing contidioner and I like it because it lathers a bit. You can find it at stores like Hemköp and Willys in Sweden.

Misschilly
November 23rd, 2013, 08:25 AM
If it is working for you then I'd stick with it! :0)

I use very cheap conditioner from a UK grocery store. Tesco Coconut. Cheap isthe way to go forco washing as it has a thinner consistency and you have to use a fair amount - I do anyway! :)
I would only switch if it wasn't suiting my hair in some way.

In the early days I tried Tresemme Naturals but stopped using it as it was too drying for me.

I have also used Inecto but it's slightly more expensive and not as easy to get.

what I have works pretty fine, but its always nice to try new things you know..;)

Personally I use Asda Essentials Green Apple Co for co-washing. Do you have an Asda in Sweden?

I don't recognize the brand Asda..

Nature's gate is one brand I've read people ordering from iherb for CO-washing. I haven't used it myself though, I prefer buying conditioners locally.

I will look into that!=)

Have you tried Garant Såklart conditioner? I use it as my washing contidioner and I like it because it lathers a bit. You can find it at stores like Hemköp and Willys in Sweden.

No I haven't but maybe I should..the bottle is pretty small right? Maybe good for travelling..

sarahthegemini
November 23rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
I don't recognize the brand Asda..

Ah okay, it's a supermarket in the UK (I wasn't sure if it was just in the UK)

Skade
November 23rd, 2013, 08:41 AM

I second this one. I use Garant Såklart as my co-washing conditioner and think it works great, so light and cleans well. And one more suggestion, Neutral from the pharmacy works great for some.

No I haven't but maybe I should..the bottle is pretty small right? Maybe good for travelling..

Not so small, maybe it looks that way cause it´s low and broad, but it´s a normal size, containing 250 ml. I know the feeling of wanting to try something that feels more fun, but for me I think it is more worth to have a cheap local co-washing conditioner and put my money on a good after wash - heavier conditioner. Hope you find what works best for you Misschilly!

Misschilly
November 23rd, 2013, 11:54 AM
I second this one. I use Garant Såklart as my co-washing conditioner and think it works great, so light and cleans well. And one more suggestion, Neutral from the pharmacy works great for some.

Not so small, maybe it looks that way cause it´s low and broad, but it´s a normal size, containing 250 ml. I know the feeling of wanting to try something that feels more fun, but for me I think it is more worth to have a cheap local co-washing conditioner and put my money on a good after wash - heavier conditioner. Hope you find what works best for you Misschilly!

Yeah I googled and saw the size!
I have tried goldwell dualsenes green pure repair as a dt/second conditioner and like it, this week I tried to just put some honey in my wash conditioner it seems to work pretty well to!

animetor7
November 23rd, 2013, 12:40 PM
I like to use VO5 or Suave natural's for my CO "washing " conditioner.

ceruleansky
November 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
My favorite conditioner for CO washing now is SpaHaus, I buy it at the Dollar Tree.

0xalis
November 23rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Everyone tells me to use Vo5 and that's what I do. Not sure if silicone free though.

Kaelee
November 23rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
Nature's Gate makes great stuff but it has tons of protein in it.

Do you have V05 over there? I think some of theirs is silicone free.

Misschilly
November 23rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
Nature's Gate makes great stuff but it has tons of protein in it.

Do you have V05 over there? I think some of theirs is silicone free.

We may have some kind of VO5, (or had some years ago) so I will look it up!=)

redtuss
November 25th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Actually pharmacy Medstop/Kronan has a good one :) It's their daily care-line of their own brand and I use the conditioner without perfume for normal hair - works great and is good both for moisture and wash!

I would not recommend Garants Såklart, it gives me dry scalp but I wish it worked! It's the same with the Respons aloe vera/nectar one. Maybe I'm just very sensitive.

Fructis is good for washing but may also cause some dryness.