PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice for fine hair.

Elenna
September 6th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I feel that having long hair is a roller coaster. Ups and downs and fast curves. Now that hair is growing to BSL, I need some advice.

How do you get longer fine and wurly hair to be more cooperative?

Not that I'm not embracing my hair texture, I just want prettier hair. (Double negatives oh my!)

sahiba
September 6th, 2008, 10:50 PM
How about giving it enough moisture, oiling it lightly after every wash and treating it very gently , like you would to your platinum earings.;) Oh, and do remember to use as much of wide toothed comb as possible.:)

GoldenRed
September 6th, 2008, 10:53 PM
What is it about the texture that bothers you?

blondecat
September 6th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Sorry no real advise, My fine hair only decided to behave when it got to Waist leangth. Easier to control, the longer it is.

Try a fine misting with water and EO's [peppermint and rosemary] see if it helps.

:)

GoldenRed
September 6th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Peppermint and rosemary, it smells so good in hair!

ChloeDharma
September 7th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Peppermint and rosemary, it smells so good in hair!

Both good scalp oils too :)

As for getting hair to behave, i'm at a similar length to you now, and i still keep mine bunned most of the time. As has been suggested, misting then a light oiling can help, or mixing a drop of oil with some aloe gel then applying after misting i always find good, especially when my hair was wavier and damaged. But sometimes only an updo will work, especially in humidity.....i used to sometimes get my hair all nice and sleek before going outside my door, then as soon as i was exposed it all just frizzed up and looked a mess! But with growing fine hair i personally think it needs to be up all the time, or very near it anyway because it's so much more fragile. Oh, henna i found really good, cassia might be another option if you don't want the red.

Elenna
September 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Sahiba – gentle treatments are very important for longer hair. I have to keep that as a mantra and not get impatient. Seeing so many lovely long hairs on LHC can be kind of tough, but I have to remember that most of us at LHC take hair pictures on a good hair day.

Golden Red – it is fine and wavy. I’m growing out brown hair color so it is two-toned and fragile. My hair is brittle and breaks easily.

Blondecat – what you are saying is that longer hair gets easier to manage and looks better in longer lengths. That is very encouraging. Misting with water and essential oils seems like a good idea. Do you use distilled water?

ChloeDharma – well, fine, fragile hair can get frizzy and messy. Maybe longer length hair is more feasible for hair styles. But I can now get five turns in a braid.

Gilly
September 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
But sometimes only an updo will work, especially in humidity.....i used to sometimes get my hair all nice and sleek before going outside my door, then as soon as i was exposed it all just frizzed up and looked a mess!

I know just what you mean, mine looks great in the mirror in the bathroom but when I get to my car and look in the mirror again, I am scary frizzy lady!!!!!!

Elenna
September 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Gilly - fine and wurly hair does get unkempt faster. But looking at the smorgasbord of lovely hair here on LHC, so many differet types of hair have an unique beauty.

ChloeDharma
September 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I know just what you mean, mine looks great in the mirror in the bathroom but when I get to my car and look in the mirror again, I am scary frizzy lady!!!!!!

Oh isn't it a nightmare.....and the worst bit is i'm walking along, hair down, with the image of it all smoothed out with a BBB in the mirror in my head thinking i'm looking all that and then catch sight of myself in a window or something....it's enough to make you scream! Literally at times.

Elenna, if you can't bun it, what about looking out for a claw clamp making sure the edges aren't sharp? i find that a great quick updo when i'm short on time or my hair just wont cooperate with the twisting for a bun, especially just after it's dried from washing where it just slips out of everything.

blondecat
September 8th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Sahiba – gentle treatments are very important for longer hair. I have to keep that as a mantra and not get impatient. Seeing so many lovely long hairs on LHC can be kind of tough, but I have to remember that most of us at LHC take hair pictures on a good hair day.

Golden Red – it is fine and wavy. I’m growing out brown hair color so it is two-toned and fragile. My hair is brittle and breaks easily.

Blondecat – what you are saying is that longer hair gets easier to manage and looks better in longer lengths. That is very encouraging. Misting with water and essential oils seems like a good idea. Do you use distilled water?

ChloeDharma – well, fine, fragile hair can get frizzy and messy. Maybe longer length hair is more feasible for hair styles. But I can now get five turns in a braid.

<<HUGS>>> Hon, I know it's hard to be patient, feels like a week is taking a century, especially when you are waiting for new results from a new hair routine.

I use rain water that I have sterilised [boiled for 5 minutes].

Sounds like your hair is long enough for a few * mini twirls *

Grab a bit of wet or misted hair, twist it, keep twisting till it makes a little ball or bun, pin or clip it with a pretty clip.

Repeat around head. You wear it like this, or, you can let it down when dry and you should have gentle controlled waves. Mist, do not brush. comb it with your fingers.

I often wear a silk scarf [clip it down to make sure it is secure] it seems to catch the static that my hair otherwise has and my hair keeps better for longer.

Wishing you success :)

Elenna
September 9th, 2008, 01:19 AM
ChloeDharma – I have to go get a good claw cramp. :D

Blondcat - patience is not one of my virtues. Mini twirls! Sounds like an good idea. Oh, you are from S. Australia down under.

blondecat
September 9th, 2008, 01:34 AM
ChloeDharma – I have to go get a good claw cramp. :D

Blondcat - patience is not one of my virtues. Mini twirls! Sounds like an good idea. Oh, you are from S. Australia down under.

LOL Yes, I'm in the Barossa Valley, South Autralia. Home of Winemakers.

Good thing I like Wine <g> But of course I *only* drink it for the Anti-oxident factor lol. <g>

LotusFIre
November 30th, 2010, 12:51 PM
How long does hair have to be to do those mini twirls? mines pretty short still :(

LotusFIre
November 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM
oh didnt realize this thread was so old..

jojo
November 30th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Serum is a huge help or a little conditioner on the ends but overal oil on the very ends has tamed my hair which tends to be wild and wavy most of the time!

Maddy_T
November 30th, 2010, 02:24 PM
oh didnt realize this thread was so old..
Hahahaha I did that JUST before too!!!!