PDA

View Full Version : When are you going to cut it?

pandahugger
November 22nd, 2013, 07:12 PM
Anyone out here hear this question several times a week? I feel like nobody can look at my hair without asking the dreaded question..."when do you plan on cutting it of?".

LauraLongLocks
November 22nd, 2013, 07:19 PM
I'm not getting that yet, but my hair isn't as long as yours.

Ashflower89
November 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
I can't wait to get to a length where I start to hear that, so I can throw my fist in the air and yell "NEVAAAAAAR!" just to be dramatic. lol

Sillage
November 22nd, 2013, 07:26 PM
I never hear that, but my hair is normally up when ever I leave the house.

endlessly
November 22nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Since my hair is at tailbone length, I'm starting to get a lot of that question as well as "Are you going to donate it?"

It's to the point that I've had some coworkers threaten to cut it all off the next time I wear it down because I keep insisting I have zero plans to cut or donate anytime in the future. Of course, they insist they're just joking, but honestly, what type of person would even joke about something like that?!

Unfortunately, it's the world we live in now - short hair is normal and popular, anything else isn't accepted.

Madora
November 22nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
A few years into my job, one of my bosses, with a twinkle in his eye, asked me "Julie, you need a haircut!".

Of course he was just kidding! He was a really sweet boss...everyone adored him...the one boss who really cared about his workers!

HintOfMint
November 22nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
I don't get those comments with nearly your frequency, but I know a couple of my friends prefer my hair about waist length on me instead of tailbone. They aren't vocal or harassing about it though.

Islandgrrl
November 22nd, 2013, 09:30 PM
I really don't get asked anymore.

Flor
November 23rd, 2013, 12:24 AM
My dad used to ask me that all the time when I was a teenager living home. Anything longer than SL would be too long for him. I haven't heard that question in years.

Quixii
November 23rd, 2013, 12:28 AM
I get asked that pretty rarely, but my answer is always along the lines of, "When I don't like it any more. :)"

spirals
November 23rd, 2013, 01:44 AM
It's to the point that I've had some coworkers threaten to cut it all off the next time I wear it down <snip> but honestly, what type of person would even joke about something like that?!

My ex-friend. And she's the one who ended the friendship.

NuclearApple
November 23rd, 2013, 04:20 AM
no i never hear that,people like my hair fortunately :)

mariakatija
November 23rd, 2013, 04:21 AM
I can't wait to get to a length where I start to hear that, so I can throw my fist in the air and yell "NEVAAAAAAR!" just to be dramatic. lol

Omg, this made me laugh lol

jacqueline101
November 23rd, 2013, 04:23 AM
I'm in that lucky group of people whose hair ain't long enough yet. My answer will be when I'm ready to cut it.

YamaMaya
November 23rd, 2013, 05:35 AM
If anyone asked me this question I'd be sorely tempted to pull my hair forwards sadako style, get right in their face and whisper in the most demonic voice I can muster "never". So they'd never ask again.

Stray_mind
November 23rd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Well, if i get to hip or tail bone lenght, i'll maintain it, so everything longer will be cut away. But i think it'll be at least 5 years from now, so no cutting for me anytime soon.

MonaMayfair
November 23rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
No-ones ever said that to me in my life, including when my hair was tailbone length. But I've had lots of total strangers come up to me and say "Don't ever cut it" Of course, I told them I wouldn't, and then cut it anyway...

Saldana
November 23rd, 2013, 06:09 AM
Nobody ever said "when are you going to cut it", although I did get the 'are you ever going to cut it?' version a couple of times, as well as the "Locks of Love" thing. Most of the time when it was TBL, I wore it up, so most people had no idea how long it was. :) And that's my plan again, as I grow. Maybe things will be different here, as very long hair doesn't seem to be quite as common here (PNW) as in the Southwest...but then again, I live in Portland, the City of Weird, so maybe nobody will even look twice, unless I leave it down, dip the ends in pink, and sprinkle my head with glitter. And then, they'd only look twice because I'm over the age of 50. Nah, they probably wouldn't even blink then.

Skade
November 23rd, 2013, 06:10 AM
Anyone out here hear this question several times a week? I feel like nobody can look at my hair without asking the dreaded question..."when do you plan on cutting it of?".

Yes, most people are nice about my hair. But I have one female coworker who every time she sees me taking down my hair and rearrange it always asks me, are you going to cut it soon? It always gets me out of balance for a while, because she keeps asking it even though I have already told her I like it long and cut it whenever I feel like it.

I like this answer so much I might borrow it. :D

KellieMai
November 23rd, 2013, 06:11 AM
I'm doing a theatre make-up course at the moment and we have to occasionally practice stage hair on each other, so then I normally get 'well if we chopped it off it'll be a lot easier'. I know they're only joking but when they say it every time it does get a bit annoying, for want of a better word.

Brattina88
November 23rd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Second Tuesdayof next week ;)

browneyedsusan
November 23rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
I have been told that I need a "style", but I'm not long enough to warrant cutting questions just yet.
You didn't ask, but here are my answers to the dreaded question:
1) Why do you ask?
2) How many ways can you put your hair up?
3) I can put my hair up differently every day, and not repeat a style for a year.
4) I can put it up or wear it down, my choice.
5) I can put it up in 15 seconds and look great--demonstrate.
6) I like wearing it different every day.
7) I don't have to see the hairdresser, saves me time and money. (Which I blow on wine and going out with friends!)
8 ) It's easier than hair your length. I've had both, and this is easier and cheaper to keep up.
9) I feel like a fairly princess/medieval maiden/Morticia Adams/mermaid/ whatever/ with long hair.
10) snarkey one --> It's my hair, and I do as I please. Why don't you grow yours out?

martyna_22
November 23rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
I got that particularly from one person.. and the truth is, I was going to grow it longer, but some really bad ideas got in the way and I had to cut my waist length to BSL :cry:.
She'll be pleased, I'm afraid. For the first time in, what, 2 years?
I'm not cutting it soon, though. I want at least hip...
The upside is, my hair is all virgin now, to the point that it's probably never been touched with a straightener. What's more, my final layer - bangs is only an inch shorter from the rest.

MaryMarx
November 24th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Haha, same here.