PDA

View Full Version : Crazy colour help!

Mizumi
November 22nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Hey guys. I realized last time I finally have a courage to dye my hair some crazy colour. And I still don't know what I wiuld like the best for me! :rolleyes: I want some deep, preferably colder colour, like navy blue, bloody red or aubergine.. I have also considered adding few white streaks (just got inspirated with Sweeney Todd movie, lol :D) then add maybe another colour of streaks to create some interesting subtle effect? :confused: What do you think would suit me? I have mid-brown hair, as you can see on my profile picture. Oh, and I don't want to bleach ALL my hair definetely.

Sillage
November 22nd, 2013, 03:43 PM
If you don't want to bleach your hair, there's no way to get white streaks unless you do something like chalking. It's good that you're interested in a deeper color because any deposit only dye you put over brown hair will end up dark.

Mizumi
November 22nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Yes I know, I'm fine with bleaching only a few streaks to get white, I just don't want to remove all my natural colour permanently :)

Sillage
November 22nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
OIC :)

Bleaching can be difficult if you want to get all the way to stark white. I'd rec getting it done professionally if you can. But if not there are plenty of people who manage to do it successfully on their own-- I'm not one of them tho LOL. When I tried to do it on my own I had to stop at light orange because my hair was turning to straw. When I had it done in a salon, it was fine tho.

Anje
November 22nd, 2013, 04:02 PM
What about putting in some cool streaks in your natural hair, and getting some clip-ins in white?

Mizumi
November 22nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
It's a nice idea. But I am afraid if somebody would see it's artificial. Still it's an option :)

Rio040113
November 22nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
What about putting in some cool streaks in your natural hair, and getting some clip-ins in white?

I second this ^, the clip-ins would save your hair needing to be bleached, plus it means you can play around more and change up your look whenever you fancy :)

RainbowBowser
November 22nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Heres a video about going white entirely, but of course, follow these sorts of instructions for just the streaks if you do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh-nBqwgmKo

Clip ins means less commitment however

Mizumi
November 23rd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Wow, that's really helpful! Now I am convinced to get colour streaks and buy white clip-ins. However I'm still choosing colour :shrug: any suggestion?

picklepie
November 23rd, 2013, 08:55 AM
It's hard to tell from a black and white photo, but if your hair is as dark as it looks, you'll have to do some kind of lightening to get anything approaching "crazy" colors. In my experience with deposit-only dyes like Manic Panic over brown hair, I can get sort of highlights, and an overall tone of blue or red, but in no way would I describe it as particularly bright or vivid. I liked it, though!

niky45
November 23rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
... for the blues you'll need to bleach it first to avoid a raven black, so I'd recommend the red hues. And still, with not-so-light starting color, you'll get a much darker color than the box says... but a deepest red is beautiful. :D (although with the white streaks, blue goes better, I think...)

.... I'm not really sure about anything. :p

BlazingHeart
November 23rd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Do you have a color pic of yourself? It's hard to recommend a color when I can't tell what your skin looks like. For example, I have peachy-pink skin, so a lot of reds look good on me, but some blues make me look like I'm constantly flushed/blushing.

Mizumi
November 23rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/q72/971267_489986861089958_1643592514_n.jpg yeaah I have a photo but only with a lame face :D my skin is normally porcelaine-like, pale and yellowish and my eyes are blue-green. I'm definetely a ,,cold'' type.

Nobody? Really? Come on :(