PDA

View Full Version : Hair Texture

endlessly
November 22nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
So, my hair is a mixture of all types of textures - from stick-straight and fine, to course kinky curls - and I'm just curious if this is considered "normal"? I'm a mixture of Scandinavian, German, and Native American heritage, so I'm thinking this explains the random hair texture. Or, is it something else entirely? A salon stylist a few years back claimed the kinky curls (about 1/4 of my hair) are damage, but since I've had them since childhood, I don't feel this is the case especially since they are concentrated in the underside of my hair. Any thoughts? and what would I classify the texture as since I'm a mixture of everything?

GeoJ
November 22nd, 2013, 01:46 PM
My DD is half me (mix of mostly German & English, with a bit of Native Anerican, and other parts of Europe, the UK, & Scandinavia), and half Indian. Most of her hair is 2aM, but she has a few hairs with the kinky texture you describe. They grow right from her scalp like that & are not damage.

Most of my hair is 2bM, but I have a few straight coarse hairs that are also darker than the rest of my hair.

I wouldn't know how to classify your texture if you're fairly equally mixed in hair types.

LauraLongLocks
November 22nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
I'm a 1b texture over all (mostly straight, but a few slight S waves at my temples and some very slight wavy body in my over all length), but I have several hairs that are as kinky and almost as coarse as under-arm hair. I have also been told it's damage, but it can't be. These hairs are scattered throughout my head. I, too, am a descendant of Scandanavian, English, French, German, and Native American, as are many multi-generational Americans. So, there's no telling where it came from. I would classify your hair based on what the over all look of it is, when it is naturally dried (not blown dry), and not worry so much about individual strands.

Snena
November 22nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
I have all sorts of different hair types on my head, from fine, stick straight to kinky, curly hair strands. I'm Serbian and considering how many different nations ruled on and off Balkans, I wouldn't be surprised to find out I'm part Martian. :shrug: Classify your hair by how it appears to look from the distance, not paying attention on individual hair stands.

Sillage
November 22nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
I have mostly fine, straight hair but some of my hair strands are heavily kinked in places and have varying thickness along the strand. It's not just you :)