PDA

View Full Version : Best smelling hair products?

GreenBloodyShoe
November 21st, 2013, 02:18 PM
What do you think are the best smelling hair products and what do they smell like? My favorites are:
Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery 2 Conditioner: smells like sugary sweet pineapple
Crema Al Latte Serical Conditioner: smells like sweet condensed milk or caramel
Orofluido Hair mask: smells like vanilla and amber
Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Pure Treatment Oil: smells sweet and very floral.
Organix Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner: smells like coconut and vanilla
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine leave in- smells very strong like apples.

HintOfMint
November 21st, 2013, 02:21 PM
Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong (honey) and Hydralicious (candy coconut) conditioners, Toadstool Blue Lilac (lilac) deep conditioner, Tigi (candy) anything, and Big Sexy Hair pumpkin (pumpkin pie) leave-in conditioner.

jacqueline101
November 21st, 2013, 03:21 PM
I love the smell of my current line up. My vo5 split end set, vo5 keep me strong leave in, isoplus tea tree and aloe spray, tressemee shine spray, lustrasilk Shea butter mango cholesterol and Aussie 3 min miracle. I know you're thinking how do they smell. The vo5 smell clean,tressemee has a fresh smell too and the isoplus smells like mango to me but none is listed in the ingredients. The lustrasilk smells like mango and it's heavenly and Aussie 3 min miracle smells like coconut.

antler_tines
November 21st, 2013, 03:25 PM
Oh that honey one sounds like it smells good :) I'm always looking for good smelling hair products. I can't think of any I have bought lately that have been that great :shrug:

makeminea99
November 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM
I love the smell of Lush's Retread conditioner. It's not for everybody, mind you!

PrincessIdril
November 21st, 2013, 04:17 PM
Anything by Aussie. Every single product of theirs that I have ever used has smelled divine.

bunnylake
November 21st, 2013, 04:23 PM
My current line-up satisfies all my ~sensual~ needs, LOL. I love herbal scents, and cherry-almond is an amazing combination, so...
Suave Professionals Rosemary Mint shampoo (rosemary)
Suave Professionals Almond Shea conditioner (almond)
Dermorganic leave-in (cherry)

I also love the smell of the pink and yellow Herbal Essences that they recently brought back, and those scents stay on the hair all day long.
Acure Organics is the BEST SMELLING hair care line I have EVER EVER encountered... too bad their products don't agree with my hair one bit. I've considered trying them again because they smell so incredible, and the scent stays... but they made my hair feel kinda gross. :(

Scent is actually a huge factor for me when it comes to buying hair care products, so I'm loving this thread.

Sillage
November 21st, 2013, 04:29 PM
L'oreal EverCreme Nourishing Leave In Spray--smells like honey and vanilla and is my all time favorite
The long d/c original Herbal Essences with the screw top bottle which smelled herbal and very very green (the shampoo itself was a lovely emerald color)
L'oreal EverStyle Smooth and Shine Creme smells like the most delicious honey

duchess67
November 21st, 2013, 04:38 PM
I use it's a 10 miracle leave-in, and I love the smell.

monsoonstorm
November 21st, 2013, 04:51 PM
My favorite years ago was Paul Mitchell awapuhi shampoo

My current favourite is acure Moroccan argan oil shampoo (cherry blossom... Smells like marzipan to me)

rock007junkie
November 22nd, 2013, 06:02 AM
I'm a sucker for products that smell good so i have quite a few:
1) Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie: smells like pina colada
2) Soultanicals Knot Sauce: smells straight up like buttercream cheesecake frosting....so freaking good
3) Darcy's Botanicals pumpkin conditioner: Love this in Autumn/Winter season because it smells exactly like pumpkin pie!
4) TastiKiss Whipped Shea Butter: I have it in the Cherry Almond scent. I smell like happiness when I put this on my hair.
5) Weirdly...Tresseme naturals nourishing moisture conditioner. At first I hated the perfumy smell but it has weirdly grown on me.

aloha
November 22nd, 2013, 06:07 AM
Hawaiian silky (sallys) smells like black cherry

Kaelee
November 22nd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Got2B Smooth Operator: smells like tropical fruit
Everyday Shea Vanilla Mint: Wrigley's Double Mint gum :lol:
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose: honeysuckle
Alba Botanica Colorific Plumeria shampoo: Smells EXACTLY like plumerias on the tree :bigeyes: :heartbeat

ErinLeigh
November 22nd, 2013, 08:26 AM
I use the got 2 be smooth operator sometimes and LOVE the smell too. Its a light fruity make you happy kind of scent.
Sadly other than that I am not using anything I smell of right now. Off to shop :)

HintOfMint
November 22nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Oh dear, this thread is dangerous for me. I just settled into a lovely routine, and now I have the urge to experiment with other conditioners now.

Sillage
November 22nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Alba Botanica Colorific Plumeria shampoo: Smells EXACTLY like plumerias on the tree :bigeyes: :heartbeat

Ok, gotta go buy this ASAP!

catasa
November 22nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
I donīt currently use products with perfume in my normal/daily routine, however I have always loved the Matrix products scent (their "classic" line or how I should explain it, though the Biolage products I have had have also smelled good). Can be a bit on the strong side but they smell FRESH! The only scented product I use at all currently is Matrix Pro Solutionist Alternate Action clarifying shampoo, about every 2-4 weeks.

BambooBeauty
November 22nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
I love the body shops banana shampoo and conditioner. Also the pink herbal essences shampoo and conditioner.

ladonna
November 22nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
I love marrakesh original scent, its a sandalwood incensy smell. I wish the shampoo and condish were more moisturising though, the spray leaving in a d the serum work really good for my hair.

endlessly
November 22nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
I personally love anything that smells like roses, so the original Herbal Essence line is my favorite. Next, would probably be the Macadamia Natural Oil line, although the shampoo scent is a little strong sometimes, the rest is wonderful.

Suze2012
November 22nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
James Brown London Serum....I want a perfume that smells that good.

It's gorgeous!
Sadly, though silicone free it didn't do anything to my hair so I gave it to a friend..

faellen
November 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
I'm a sucker for a good smell! :D

- Anything from the old Herbal Essences line, but especially the jojoba & rose hips (pink bottle)
- All Aussie products
- Inecto Coconut products
- Lush Godiva solid shampoo bar
- Got2b Smooth Operator
- Avon moroccan argan oil leave-in treatment serum
- Nightblooming Panacea, especially the original blend!

Sillage
November 22nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
I personally love anything that smells like roses

Have you tried plain rosewater as hair spritz? Not lasting at all but the smell is unbeatable. Kose also makes line called Happy Bathday which is rose scented. I have their hair cologne and I love it. They also do a matching shampoo and conditioner. OT: the Happy Bathday rose lip balm is also out of this world.

bunnylake
November 22nd, 2013, 03:07 PM
I love the scents in Nature's Gate products. They're all sort of weird, and a lot of people hate them, but I love them. I used to use their henna shampoo and I remember it smelled like a mix of herbs and bubble gum. Really weird, but good.

Amapola
November 22nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
I like EO products and currently I'm using their French lavender shampoo and conditioner. Love it! I also love the way their rose and chamomile shampoo/conditioner smells.

I too like the way roses smell and actually found some coconut oil scented with roses. It's by Kuumba Made.

faellen
November 23rd, 2013, 03:41 AM
I love the smell of Lush's Retread conditioner. It's not for everybody, mind you!

Forgot about Retread. I love the smell too :) it's certainly quite unique.

GreenBloodyShoe
November 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
I also love the smell of Suave Double Dutch Apple Detangling Spray (Apples) and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum (jolly ranchers).

hellucy
November 24th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I absolutely love the smell of L'Oreal EverRiche Nourishing Intense Mask, it's amazing I don't know quite what the scent is but it lingers in my hair (I can still smell it faintly now if i sniff my hair and my hair was last washed 2 ago), not only that but it is the most moisturising conditioner I've ever known. I'm currently on my 5th pot since discovering it in the summer.

Kaelee
November 24th, 2013, 05:10 PM
I love the scents in Nature's Gate products. They're all sort of weird, and a lot of people hate them, but I love them. I used to use their henna shampoo and I remember it smelled like a mix of herbs and bubble gum. Really weird, but good.

Oh I don't know how I forgot, I just used some of the Nature's Gate Awapuhi shampoo tonight- it smells insanely amazing!!! I can't describe it, but it's really good!

Then I conditioned with Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose and used some Smooth Operator after I got out of the shower- my hair smells good enough to eat!

Mandie
November 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Personally I love my FX silk drops. I can't put them on my ends or they get damaged in a horrible way. but I put it on the middle 2/4 of my hair, and then oil on the bottom 1/4, and I LOVE the smell.

makeminea99
November 26th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Oh dear, this thread is dangerous for me. I just settled into a lovely routine, and now I have the urge to experiment with other conditioners now.

I'm with you there. Oooh lots of yummy products to investigate . . .

prettyinpink
November 26th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Vo5 black berry sage tea conditioner

GreenBloodyShoe
November 26th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Vo5 black berry sage tea conditioner

Vo5 Passionfruit Smoothie (fruity and sweet) and Suave EverLasting Shine Conditioner (warm, buttery vanilla).

.Amanaka.
November 26th, 2013, 11:17 PM
My favorite product scent right now is the Dessert Essence Lemon and Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner. It leaves my hair smelling kind of like lemon Pledge, but in a good way.

leslissocool
November 26th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Trader joe's tea tree tingle and one other, I forgot exactly but it smells like cotton candy. Their tingle shampoo and conditioner smells so good I use it on my kids at night and I cuddle them in bed literally sniffing their heads! I really like minty, candy cane like smells and bubblegum. Pastry smells in general.

Suave double Dutch Apple detangle spray. I use that on my hair too, I practically bathe in it.

Pocahontash
November 27th, 2013, 12:01 AM
The Nexxus ProMend line smells like cake frosting, like it is obnoxiously good smelling.

julee
November 27th, 2013, 05:55 AM
I love the Al'chemy range, in particular the avocado and calendula conditioner and the lemongrass shampoo. Kind of a fresh herby, floral scent, it lasts well too.

ashke50
December 1st, 2013, 02:25 PM
One of the Dr Organic conditioners I used (might have been pomegranate) smelt of strawberry chewits, which was bizarre but I loved it!

MeowScat
December 1st, 2013, 09:29 PM
I've been using The Body Shop Volume and also the Balance Shampoos. I really like the way they smell. They're both sulfate free. The bottles are kinda small, but a little goes a long way. I buy them from amazon.com.

RainbowBowser
December 1st, 2013, 09:44 PM
I personally enjoy the smell of CHI silk infusion/the product line related to heat usage (infra treatment, 44 iron guard, the shine/hair sprays, they all smell like it). It smells like men's cologne kind of. I dunno, I love it >.>

Zebra Fish
December 2nd, 2013, 03:18 AM
The things I'm using now, dont actually remember from all others what i liked :S

Lavera Apple Milk Shampoo - love the light green apple smell
Lavera Mango Milk hair conditioner - juicy mango smell - just a bit too strong for me coz I like parfume neutral cosmetics

SamEatsBrains
December 2nd, 2013, 03:21 AM
All Pantene stuff smells lovely to me...and more importantly...the smell lasts a long time. I took a bath about 12 hours ago and my hair still smells delicious after using my mom's Pantene Age Defy shampoo and conditioner.

SamEatsBrains
December 2nd, 2013, 03:22 AM
Vo5 Passionfruit Smoothie (fruity and sweet) and Suave EverLasting Shine Conditioner (warm, buttery vanilla).

Yes! I LOVE vanilla smells. They are my all-time favorite. I use Suave Everlasting Sunshine right now and LOVE the smell. Just wish it lasted longer!

SamEatsBrains
December 2nd, 2013, 03:24 AM
The Nexxus ProMend line smells like cake frosting, like it is obnoxiously good smelling.

Well, looks like I'll be taking a trip to the hair-care aisle tomorrow!