PDA

View Full Version : My hair is already changing.

ChevyyGirl
September 6th, 2008, 08:28 PM
After almost a week of CWC, less heat styling (I let my hair air dry now), and less hair spray, I've gone from a 1a to a 1b!

Not that it's an attractive wave, mind you. But the wave is there..especially after being in the rain today!

chrissy-b
September 6th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Isn't it exciting?! My hair was stick straight before I came here, and now w/o cones and better treatment my hair has a bit of a wave too. It's nice for us straight hairs to have a little body now and then.

GoldenRed
September 6th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Is there a thread someone can direct me to that discusses "'cones"?

melikai
September 7th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Here is a link to an article about them:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=13

Intemporelle
September 7th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I thougth I was the one, but I wasn't ! My hairs have changed too. When I was a child, there were 1b, and when I had 15 they become 2b ! I have never accepted them, and I've never understood why...

Nes
September 7th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Hi!

I got this same thing as soon as I stopped with the flat ironing and SLS 'poo. It was suddenly like "wow, why have I been fighting this for so long?"

Natural waves are so beautiful - congratulations! Your hair will thank you many times over for ditching the heat!

Nes x

longingforlocks
September 7th, 2008, 12:04 PM
that's exciting! I never really used a straightener very much but I have noticed that, now that my layers are almost all gone, my hair dries completely straight. However, when I had a lot of layers I could let it dry naturally and it would be very pretty and wavy. I enjoyed it like that, but the layers prevented me from being able to do braids. So, I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too! :D