PDA

View Full Version : Help me please .

LydiaMarie
September 6th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I have no idea what's going on with my hair . I had to go to a different state for 2 months and had no time to do CW's on my hair . I admit I used shampoo a couple of times but only about once every two weeks and I have gotten back and my hair is so dry that if I rub the ends together that I can hear it . I can not run my hands through it with out catching my hands on knots starting just off my scalp . I never used to get knots but now I get bad ones pretty much every day . I don't have to many split ends but there are these little white balls on the ends of some of my hair . I have started doing my CW's again but now its just for lack of better words fluffy and not shiny . I use coconut oil and used it a couple of times . I have done a clarifying rinse but that dried my hair out bad . I have no idea whats going on , if you could help me figure it out I would be eternally grateful . If there's anything else you need to know just ask .

Nevermore
September 6th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Have you tried doing an SMT or something of that nature? In your place, I'd probably do one for as long as I could tolerate it, then rinse it out, oil lightly over wet hair and keep it up. Also, scalp washes instead of all over washes would be a good thing to try. It really just sounds like your hair needs some tlc in the form of moisture, since clarifying didn't do anything to help.

Kirin
September 6th, 2008, 09:17 PM
at the moment i would avoid drying agents like baking soda, and vinegars which can make problems worse. you might want to try a very dilluted clarifying shampoo, and then condition twice afterwards. Then CW every day adding more moisture in as much as possible.

Silky
September 7th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I would suggest you that you go through a DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT. Maybe your hair didn't adjusted with the water of that place and for that reason their texture changed. Don't panic it happens. Another thing is you apply henna adding 1-2 egg in it every 14 days. Henna is a natural conditioner and so is egg doing this and you will slowly and gradually regain your hair texture back.

Warning: Mind you after applying henna in your hair wear a worn-out shower cap or something to prevent it from drying or it will worsen your condition. And do apply henna on oiled hair if your original hair were dry.

Shanarana
September 7th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Be careful if you decide to use henna. If you don't henna already, read up on it. We have plenty of threads here to help.

Henna is not something to be done without taking the time to do some research...otherwise you may end up with results that are not what you expect. Finding the right mix for the desired colour is important if you don't want as much red.

One thing that has worked for me is slathering my hair with coconut oil and leaving it on for a day or overnight.

FrannyG
September 7th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Are you using cones, or are you no-cone? If these knots are so bad, you may want to consider using a coney conditioner, after you've done some deep moisture treatments, such as SMT's.

You may also want to consider a very tiny trim.

LydiaMarie
September 8th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I dont use con's , but I'll try them . I have used henna once but it was to change my hair color , I will read up on it a bit more because that whole adventure turned out with little results . I just did an SMT yesterday and it's not so dry , thank you for suggesting it . I didnt think of it . Thank you you all saved my hair , every body was telling me just to cut it off and I was considering it but I didnt .

Anje
September 8th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Glad the SMT helped. Since it worked, you might want to consider doing a few more of those, every few days, to help your hair get back to normal.

My hair's always super fluffy after shampooing (something I only do on occasion), and the thing that brings it back to something relatively normal the quickest is to smear a fairly large quantity of oil (my current favorite has reverted to olive oil) through damp hair. If it's too oily-looking, a water-only rinse the next day tends to even things out for me, or else I'll just bun or braid it and let the oil continue to soak in.

spidermom
September 8th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Remember, every time you clarify or use a protein treatment, follow it up with a deep moisture treatment.

brok3nwings
September 10th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Lydia Marie just condition condition condition condition... i would also sugest that you use at least for a while some coney leave in just to help you to comb your hair, then slowly go back to your old rotine if you prefer.
Also just try not to shampoo your hair for a while, try CO for a while and see how it goes.