PDA

View Full Version : Appointment with George Michael made!

Michiru
November 20th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Well it's my birthday and I now live in Los Angeles so I decided to go ahead a and give George Michael's a try. I'm really looking forward to it. I was worried it would going to be $300 + but for what I'm getting I was told $175, which is still a quite lot but I was expecting something in the 90210 zip to be outrageous. I know I won't be able to go very often (most like just the once a year unless I get a full time job) so I'll have to make the most of this. Has anyone else gone to this salon or the one in NYC? How was your experience? I'll be going in Saturday and told not wash my hair until my appointment. :o

HintOfMint
November 20th, 2013, 10:59 PM
I have not been to any of the George Michael salons, but good luck and have fun! I've heard it's quite the experience. What are you having done?

AnqeIicDemise
November 20th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I haven't gone myself but my dream is to go to the one in Bev Hills too... whenever I do make my way down to SoCal again. HOWEVER, I have read it is an absolutely fabulous experience for the ones who have gone. :D Enjoy it, love!

Michiru
November 20th, 2013, 11:21 PM
I'm having the treatment and trim. I was told that was what all first timers get and from there we will discuss my hair goals and where to go from there.

CurlyCap
November 20th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Does George Michael have anything to offer curly heads?

From previous posts, it seemed like it was very Type 1 or maybe Type 2 centric.

I'm curious because I'd love to take a hair vacation sometime. And get a professional trim without worry.

CurlyCap
November 20th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Does George Michael have anything to offer curly heads?

From previous posts, it seemed like it was very Type 1 or maybe Type 2 centric.

I'm curious because I'd love to take a hair vacation sometime. And get a professional trim without worry.

Michiru
November 20th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I'm honestly not sure. I know they have a face book page where you can look at some images. I just 'liked' today so I haven't poked around much. That would probably be a question to call and ask about. How many clients do they have come in that have curly hair and how many come back a second time?

Crumpet
November 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Let us know how it goes! I've always wanted to give it a go, but I've spent all of my hair money on Ficcares lately!

heidi w.
November 21st, 2013, 12:56 PM
I've been to the one in NYC. I met Madora, a super nice lady. I wish I had more time. Plan to spend most of your day there. If your hair is straight or relatively close to that you should be alright. They did a beautiful updo on me which lasted 3 days (I slept on it).
heidi w.

Madora
November 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM
Well it's my birthday and I now live in Los Angeles so I decided to go ahead a and give George Michael's a try. I'm really looking forward to it. I was worried it would going to be $300 + but for what I'm getting I was told $175, which is still a quite lot but I was expecting something in the 90210 zip to be outrageous. I know I won't be able to go very often (most like just the once a year unless I get a full time job) so I'll have to make the most of this. Has anyone else gone to this salon or the one in NYC? How was your experience? I'll be going in Saturday and told not wash my hair until my appointment. :o

First of all, Happy Birthday!

I've been to that GM salon...but not when it was in Bev. Hills. It was back in the 70s, and they did a fine job.

However, I really prefer the NYC salon because it was where Mr. Michael held sway himself...and the general ambience...the walls were plastered with pictures of his clients...mostly long haired...but plenty of shorter haired ladies.

And while I saw pictures of many heads of hair, there were only a scattered few of ladies with moderately wavy hair...and certainly no tightly curled hair pix at all.

Which is not to say that they can't help curly haired ladies grow longer. They've been dealing with all types of hair..in all conditions..since the mid 1950s.

I've been to the NYC salon 4 times since 1982 and have adored every.single.minute! Yes, it IS expensive...but they cater to folks with long hair (or help them attain that goal) and leave it up to you if you want to follow his concepts, etc. At no time was I ever asked to purchase his products...no spiel at all.

I cannot recommend them too highly. My hair looked absolutely fabulous after the GM treatment..and I've got the pix to prove it in my album.

Liz_park
November 21st, 2013, 01:28 PM
I have heard fabulous things about this place (and I am not someone who usually likes stylists!). Please let us know how it goes...I would love to see some before and after photos too! Apparently they are very LHC friendly!

hypersensitive
November 21st, 2013, 02:23 PM
Oh man, I have to remember to hit up Beverly Hills next time I'm in Socal! And pictures, or it didn't happen! :p

thirstylocks
November 23rd, 2013, 11:30 AM
Hey - I'm actually thinking of making the splurge next week and going to the salon in NYC. I haven't cut my hair in over a year so I figured the money I would have spent on a few haircuts would kind of come close to what I'll pay for this trim/treatment. I'll take pics and update!

Vanilla
November 23rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
I've been to the salon in NYC. My experience was amazing, and I can't recommend them highly enough. They really take their time with your hair.

Crumpet
November 23rd, 2013, 04:22 PM
I'm growing mighty tempted to try the NYC salon one of these days. What did you have done Vanilla?

YamaMaya
November 24th, 2013, 04:29 AM
The next time I'm in the US, I'll definitely have to give this salon a try, it sounds fabulous.