PDA

View Full Version : Oops I did it again! British Woman In Lush Henna Frenzy.

makeminea99
November 20th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Oh dear. I'd been growing out my natural colour since last December and had about 5 inches of virgin hair, and then along came Autumn in all its splendour.
Curse you, beautiful red Autumn leaves and gleaming conkers!!! Gets me every year. And this month so far I have henna'ed 3 times.
So, has anyone else fallen off the wagon in their quest for un-dyed hair?
The thing is - I'm really liking the red! It's so pretty! :D

Of the Fae
November 21st, 2013, 02:13 AM
Ahh yes I absolutely did. One of the reasons I had a massive cut was to grow out my silverblonde. However, I also fell again for the henna!
It is so amazing and the smell! Omg..
I keep wondering why I want to get rid of it, I am fickle. But I guess I'll stick with it for the next 10 years at least.. :agree:

kme81
November 21st, 2013, 02:37 AM
Off topic:

Did anyone else have a Brittany Spears flashback while reading the title? :whistle: :disco:

Aaaaanywho, sorry that I can't contribute anything useful to this topic...and maybe I should not comment on things three hours after my bedtime! Hehe

Isilme
November 21st, 2013, 02:46 AM
Next time try to do a henna mix on your own. It is cheaper, easier and you have more control over the ingredients. Oh, and it is much easier to rinse out! :)

makeminea99
November 21st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Ahh yes I absolutely did. One of the reasons I had a massive cut was to grow out my silverblonde. However, I also fell again for the henna!
It is so amazing and the smell! Omg..
I keep wondering why I want to get rid of it, I am fickle. But I guess I'll stick with it for the next 10 years at least.. :agree:

Ah I've seen your pics on other threads and the colour is so lovely on you! :) Today I have been alternating between berating myself for having given in after almost a year, then admiring the gleam of my braid in the Autumn sunshine. Bah!

Off topic:

Did anyone else have a Brittany Spears flashback while reading the title? :whistle: :disco:

Aaaaanywho, sorry that I can't contribute anything useful to this topic...and maybe I should not comment on things three hours after my bedtime! Hehe

Aha you saw what I did there! ;) I confess I did it purely to get people's attention.

Next time try to do a henna mix on your own. It is cheaper, easier and you have more control over the ingredients. Oh, and it is much easier to rinse out! :)

Thanks, I may just try that. The Lush stuff is a pain in the a*** to rinse out, it's true.

marymonster
November 21st, 2013, 07:24 PM
Yep! I always fall off the wagon, I love black hair too much to grow out my natural color I've realized... So I continue to henna and indigo. In fact, I'm doing a 2-step tomorrow! I finally got my hands on some mehandi indigo. :happydance:

makeminea99
November 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Yep! I always fall off the wagon, I love black hair too much to grow out my natural color I've realized... So I continue to henna and indigo. In fact, I'm doing a 2-step tomorrow! I finally got my hands on some mehandi indigo. :happydance:

Oooh stick a picture up when your're done! I have tried a brown one (the Lush Cacas brun) which looked great at first, almost like my natural colour, but after a few washes the indigo faded pretty quickly and my hair just looked more red than brown - so I decided, what the heck, let's go properly red again! I'm interested to see how a two step version looks, and how long it lasts!

Maelyssa
November 24th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Oh dear. I'd been growing out my natural colour since last December and had about 5 inches of virgin hair, and then along came Autumn in all its splendour.
Curse you, beautiful red Autumn leaves and gleaming conkers!!! Gets me every year. And this month so far I have henna'ed 3 times.
So, has anyone else fallen off the wagon in their quest for un-dyed hair?
The thing is - I'm really liking the red! It's so pretty! :D

Ok I'm so feeling this exact same thing but so far I'm holding out. I'm on the line between ordering henna or not. I'm so with you. Still undecided on what I want to do but I have the henna itch something fierce.