PDA

View Full Version : My own deep treatment recipe

bunnylake
November 20th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I make my own deep treatment that I use about once a month (or when I remember, heehee) and I thought I'd share it with you all!

In a small container, mix:
-small spoonfull of melted coconut oil (or however much you would need to really saturate all of your hair)
-1/2 teaspoon olive oil
-1/2 teaspoon avocado oil
-3-4 drops pure argan oil
-3 drops rosemary essential oil

I chose coconut, avocado, and olive oils because these are the three oils that are able to penetrate the hair shaft. (Correct me if I'm wrong). Argan oil adds shine and softness, and rosemary essential oil is conditioning and adds a nice herbal scent. I like to use this when my hair is "naked", clarified well and unconditioned, air dried and carefully combed.

I saturate the entire length of my hair with this mixture and put it up in a secure bun. I leave it on all day and night, and wash it out the next morning. I like to leave it in as long as possible to give it time to fully penetrate the hair. You can use a shower cap or towel over your pillow for overnight, if you are worried about getting your pillow case oily.

Depending on your hair type, you could probably use this as a leave-in if you want. My hair is on the finer side, so I need to wash this out, but my hair feels so much healthier afterwards and SO shiny and strong.

I hope this works out well for whoever might want to try it!

GeoJ
November 20th, 2013, 07:06 PM
It sounds nice, thanks for posting about it. I don't have all of those oils right now, but I think I will try it in the future.
:)

ErinLeigh
December 7th, 2013, 05:34 AM
I will try it tomorrow and report back :) thx for sharing. i love oils.

kdaniels8811
January 7th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I have been using this on my fine/thin hair and it rocks! Thanks so much for this recipe!

bunnylake
January 7th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I have been using this on my fine/thin hair and it rocks! Thanks so much for this recipe!

Yay! I'm so glad it works for you! :D

sakuraemily
January 8th, 2014, 11:09 AM
You can try adding coconut milk to your mix. I find it fantastic for getting shiny hair.

Xylia
January 8th, 2014, 05:34 PM
This sounds lovely!

AmyBeth
January 9th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Ok, I'll bite- I have all of these oils, and I ususally use a coconut/olive mix the night before a shampoo. Avocado oil is usually my leave in, post shampoo. I can't wait to try them all together!

ErinLeigh
January 9th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I will try it tomorrow and report back :) thx for sharing. i love oils.

So I did this with the following edit.
No EOs since I do have have any.
Added a little leave in conditioner to this mix.

Result was wonderful. Each of the oils really did their thing. I could tell which was giving what.
Olive the shine, coconut the strength , avocado the nourishment , argan the smoothness.

great DT and thank you sharing. I had to try. With hair as gorgeous as yours I would be silly not to consider anything you post. Hehe

bunnylake
January 10th, 2014, 04:48 PM
So I did this with the following edit.
No EOs since I do have have any.
Added a little leave in conditioner to this mix.

Result was wonderful. Each of the oils really did their thing. I could tell which was giving what.
Olive the shine, coconut the strength , avocado the nourishment , argan the smoothness.

great DT and thank you sharing. I had to try. With hair as gorgeous as yours I would be silly not to consider anything you post. Hehe

How sweet of your to say! :) I'm glad it worked well for you. :flower: