PDA

View Full Version : Another bizarre frizz Q ....

sarahthegemini
November 20th, 2013, 07:04 AM
I'm totally at a loss. I haven't used a LI for the past 2-3 washes but this problem started before that so I don't think that is the culprit. I originally thought scrunching too much was the cause so when I cut down on that, I saw a notieable difference and the frizz calmed but it's back with a vengeance! My hair looks a teensy bit frizzy all over whilst it's drying but once it's dry, the minor frizz all over disappears and I'm left with one side that's super frizzy. I use a moisturising RO that also has a little protein, I only scrunch-squeeze my hair once for a few seconds with a MF towel to remove exess drips of water, and whilst it's drying, I do not touch it at all. One half of my head looks super glossy and sleek, but the other is just frizz. I'm combing as little as possible, and not doing anything else different. And what's more bizarre is the frizzy side alternates, although I would say 2/3 times, the frizz occurs on the right. Any suggestions? This has only been an issue for a few weeks, but as I said I have only left out the LI for the past 2-3 washes so that can't be the main factor. I'm about to start doing pre-wash oilings so I hope that will help, bt am I missing something here?

I have a feeling that it's the MF towel as the mass frizz occurs where the towel 'encases' my hair, if that makes sense? Although that would negate all the good things I've heard about microfibre towels.
(Btw, the reason I am skipping out the LI now is that it makes my hair piece-y quicker than if I forgo it)

Eta: Aside from the frizz, my hair otherwise looks and feela healthy (soft, smooth, slippy, really shiny etc.)

Madora
November 20th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Why don't you do an experiment? One time, use your microfiber towel. The next time, use a regular towel.

Personally, I wouldn't use a MF towel on my hair. I found them "catchy"..and that was just on hands.

lapushka
November 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Use an oil or serum after your leave-in. This is super important, to me at least, in keeping frizz at bay. Gel goes over the leave-in and serum. Not just applied on the very ends, but from the ears down, all of it. I very rarely have frizz.

sarahthegemini
November 20th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Why don't you do an experiment? One time, use your microfiber towel. The next time, use a regular towel.

Personally, I wouldn't use a MF towel on my hair. I found them "catchy"..and that was just on hands.

I plan too :) That's interesting that you found them 'catchy' on your hands as I have also thought that at times. I think I'm gunna try just squeezing excess moisture with my bare hands or using a cotton tshirt.

Has anyone else experienced trouble with microfibre towels?

Flor
November 20th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Try an old cotton t-shirt instead.

jeanniet
November 20th, 2013, 12:19 PM
MF towels will pull frizz on me. Try a t-shirt. I use flour sack towels for scrunching and plopping, and they work amazingly well.

meteor
November 20th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I don't use any towels at all to dry my hair anymore, and just air-dry or dump-bun instead, and I think it helps eliminate frizz.
Also, have you tried silk / satin sleep caps or pillowcases?

Pre-poo oilings that you want to introduce should help, too. Smoothing a drop or two of mineral oil (or any light oil you like) after a wash might be beneficial, as well.

lapushka
November 20th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Has anyone else experienced trouble with microfibre towels?

Nope. None whatsoever. Not even with terry cloth towels, and they are known to cause some people frizz.

Idjit
November 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I can't stand the way microfiber feels on my hands, it sticks and feels just gross so there is no way I'd use it my hair. Try flour sack towels. They come in good sizes and are about $6 for a 5 pack at walmart.