PDA

View Full Version : Trying to fix something I did.

Nymfora
November 19th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Ok so I've been an LHC member for over a year now and just this last April I decided to get some blonde put in thinking it would help hide my thinning/balding area. Then when I went 2 months later to get my roots that were 3 inches touched up I also got my hair cut and added long layers. Well long story short she did an awful job on my roots and took off 5 - 6 more inches then what I asked which totalled 15 inches she cut O.o

Today I measured my length at 27". I tried the caca rouge to add different color and it didn't really stick to the blonde that much. So I've decided that added the blonde was dumb and I really wish I never did that. I would like to buy some caca brun and try to add brown over the blonde so my roots don't look so noticable. It's been about three months since I had my roots done.

I have been babying my hair with coconut oil and othe eo's. Since I stopped the root touch ups my hair is getting better where the roots have grown in and I also have new baby hairs growing on my thinning/balding spot which sadly is at the top front part of my scalp, not fun trying to hide it lol. Anywho just wanted to say Hi again and can't wait to find more helpful info here :)

ErinLeigh
November 19th, 2013, 06:50 PM
What is your natural color? Did you just put a blond streak or was it highlights? I am having a hard time visualizing what your hair looks like.

Isilme
November 20th, 2013, 02:09 AM
The cacas are, well, caca! ;) If you really want to use henna and indigo buy from Mehendi http://www.hennaforhair.com/ Henna Boy http://www.henna-boy.co.uk/ or Henna Sooq http://www.hennasooq.com/
If you use better quality henna it will stick, it might fade more than you virgin hair but I promise it will stick in the long run.
Look at the Cacas as more of a gloss/conditioning treatment with some colour.
http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/index.html
Visit the henna sub-forum we have here.

Nymfora
November 20th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Here is a picture of what my hair looked like after they touched up my roots and cut off the 15 inches and straightened it. I think its August this picture was taken. The picture should be my avatar picture now.

Nymfora
November 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I don't like to straighten my hair since it is thick so now I'm trying to work with the wavy curls I have but it's tough lol. Lots of frizzy hairs stick out.

ErinLeigh
November 20th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Henna is permanent and will require root touch ups.. Are you ready for that kind of commitment? It really is going to depend what you are looking to get from henna.
As far as the cut and streak, it looks just fine actually. You can grow it out naturally, color just the streak with a color you like, or have some low lights blended thru it so it still brightends the face area, but blends more natual looking. That is probably what I would do, but that would take a stylist and I can understand why you don't want to see one of those right now!
What look do you want for yourself? Imagine how you want your hair look and let us know and then you can get suggestions on how to achieve it.

ErinLeigh
November 20th, 2013, 06:58 PM
oh wait, I get it, you were going to henna over just the streak? But it is not sticking to the bleach? You may have to keep putting semi or demi colors over it until they finally stick. Also, use a protein filler first. It will help dye (or henna) adhere

Nymfora
November 20th, 2013, 08:44 PM
The blonde was done mostly on the upper part of my hair but not all of it, she skipped sections. My real color is brownish. After she touched up my roots when I would brush my hair back I noticed she had missed ALOT of my roots and my hair looked awful. I would like the caca brun to atleast make the blonde and light/medium brown so the blonde is covered. What kind of protein filler should I try? My hair before I decided to get the 9 inch chopped was about tail bone length. But the stylist cut 15 - 16 inches off instead O.o And with the long layers my braids are smaller and messier with layers sticking out and my braid ends aren't as thick. At first I just wanted to hide the thinning/balding area and with work I wanted to look good. Now with no job I realized that I should not have done that lol. Now I just want to get back the length I lost and grow out the blonde, but I don't like the look of the blonde and that is why I was trying to use some lush henna to cover the blonde.