PDA

View Full Version : Help please? I have some questions

Jolly-Good-Show
November 19th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Underneath my hair, around my neck, always looks slightly greasy. Even when freshly washed! If it's relevant, my hair is nearly touching my collarbones. I've been very careful to not under-wash or over-wash my hair. My hair is thick though, could this be the reason? I also make sure to rinse very well after shampooing and conditioning. I rinse for nearly 5 minutes! I live in an area with hard water. I don't have a shower filter though, because I'm a student, and living at home.

I did a coconut oil treatment yesterday. And WOW it made my hair really glossy and soft!! Like virgin hair! (I bleached mine a few months back unfortunately) I washed it out with conditioner. Conditioner works very well to get it out, but I think it didn't come out properly. Add that to my slightly greasy nape problem.

I was wondering if the next time I shampoo I could leave conditioner around my nape area for 30 mins before shampooing to remove left over coconut oil/buildup?/my strange nape greasiness thing? Would that make sense? Thanks in advance :)

nobeltonya
November 19th, 2013, 11:15 AM
You could try powdering around the nape of your neck.. I have oily skin and huge pores, and this seems to help. :disco:

Jolly-Good-Show
November 19th, 2013, 11:22 AM
I have oily skin too, so this makes sense! I guess this is just normal for us oily people? xD

florenonite
November 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I had a problem like this for the longest time, and it seems my hair is very particular about the amount of conditioning it gets - too little is as bad as too much. The only thing that works for me is a 2-in-1 shampoo and some light coconut oiling.

Just throwing that out there; it might not be that your hair is too moisturised, but not enough.

Flor
November 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Try washing hair upside down, that should do the trick.

Jolly-Good-Show
November 19th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Try washing hair upside down, that should do the trick.

I actually already do this!

Jolly-Good-Show
November 19th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I had a problem like this for the longest time, and it seems my hair is very particular about the amount of conditioning it gets - too little is as bad as too much. The only thing that works for me is a 2-in-1 shampoo and some light coconut oiling.

Just throwing that out there; it might not be that your hair is too moisturised, but not enough.

Yeah my hair seems to be the same way!

dnk526
November 19th, 2013, 11:59 AM
do you use grease on your scalp?

dnk526
November 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I have oily skin too, so this makes sense! I guess this is just normal for us oily people? xD

could be that then

sarahthegemini
November 19th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Hmm could it be build up of some sort? Perhaps you could spray the nape area with dry shampoo prior to washing to soak up excess oil?