PDA

View Full Version : The replies to this article! wow! I sense a bit of jealousy.... (older thread)

gonzobird
November 19th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Saw this picture and googled Adrian Brody's girlfriend; she's got some long hair. Its not perfect but its really pretty and I like the uneven naturalness of it. Seems some other people have a different opinion from the comments below.....

http://www.celebitchy.com/264360/adrien_brodys_girlfriend_lara_lieto_has_crazy_long _hair_extensions_or_natural/

lapushka
November 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Amazing how they call it "crazy". :rolleyes:

morrigan*
November 19th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I actually think her hair is beautiful, i admired it for quiet some time now, and i think she looks beautiful.

minxe
November 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM
"When you wear your hair that long, it’s a mess of split and damaged ends."

:crazyq:

Bagginslover
November 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM
How did the idea that tapered hair=unhealthy start up? Thats is a rhetorical question, I know it came form the styling industry, but I don't see why SO many people beleive it!

minxe
November 19th, 2013, 09:59 AM
How did the idea that tapered hair=unhealthy start up? Thats is a rhetorical question, I know it came form the styling industry, but I don't see why SO many people beleive it!

I've seen tons of people refer to tapered hair as "split ends," so that may be a part of it.

Seeshami
November 19th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Poor thing should have oiled or leave in Condished a tiny little before exposing the masses to TBL. It would have helped with the fly away and the supposed scraggle.

Ashflower89
November 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Wow, I've never heard of her before (not a celebrity follower), but her hair is beautiful. I'm sure some of the vicious comments on the article are jealousy-fuled, but I bet a lot of it is just perfectionists or people who think it's "unnatural and weird". Her ends look fine, and she seems to have thinner hair to begin with, it's not like they taper off and turn into nothing at the ends. Celebrities are busy people, I'm sure she loves enjoying her long hair down instead of up most of the time, and doesn't always have the time to make it look perfect every second of the day.

LauraLongLocks
November 19th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I don't think it looks terribly damaged, but it is really uneven. Some people like that look. I prefer a thick hemline, myself, so I would have trimmed it a long time ago, if I were her. But I'm not, and it's not my head, and she can wear her hair however she wants, and it doesn't ruin my day, so who cares?

sarahthegemini
November 19th, 2013, 10:09 AM
How do you know the comments are from jealous people? Not every negative comment is spawn from jealousy.

I like her hair, although it does look a little dry at the ends.

spidermom
November 19th, 2013, 10:10 AM
A difference of opinion doesn't equal jealousy.
Personally, I like trimmed ends with shape and think same would enhance the beauty of this woman's hair. I'm not jealous.

Kaelee
November 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I think her hair is BEAUTIFUL! It looks very healthy, not damaged at all, but maybe she got caught in the wind before those photos were taken. :D

jupiterinleo
November 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Wow, I've never heard of her before (not a celebrity follower), but her hair is beautiful. I'm sure some of the vicious comments on the article are jealousy-fuled, but I bet a lot of it is just perfectionists or people who think it's "unnatural and weird".

I agree that people who dislike long hair tend to be perfectionists about what hair should look like. That's definitely a thing.

HintOfMint
November 19th, 2013, 10:38 AM
I agree that people who dislike long hair tend to be perfectionists about what hair should look like. That's definitely a thing.

I agree as well. I think her hair looks gorgeous, for the record. But it also looks like what happens to long straight hair when there's some wind blowing around and it hasn't been styled with gobs of product and there's no photoshop (at least for her hair). It's not perfect like a curtain, but it's very real.

As for the length itself, a lot of people have very mainstream ideas about what's acceptable and what's not. They tend to be people who agree wholeheartedly with shows like What Not To Wear. For some negative comments, it could very well be jealousy, but for others it could easily be that anything outside of the ordinary doesn't register as "pretty" in their minds.

I also think jealousy is an amorphous term. Some people don't think that pretty, reasonably thick, healthy hair should be too long because it's "too much of a good thing." Like it's cartoonish or unseemly to have so much of something or to show it off. I've seen that same train of thought when it comes to curves, I'm sure it applies to hair for some people. It's not quite envy, but it's not dislike either.

ETA: reading some of the comments in the link. Jeez, some of it is really hostile. People admitting to pressuring co-workers with the same length hair to cut it, saying they have an urge to sneak up and cut off over a foot of her hair? That's really creepy in my opinion.

Flor
November 19th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Not jealousy, just modern days "what is considered pretty hair" brainwashing.

gonzobird
November 19th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Because I used the word jealous doesn't mean I interviewed each poster and they told me that they were jealous. Although I can see how (some of) you might think that, had (some of) you thought I was in the interview business, but that seems a bit assuming. I could have used the words idiotic, harsh, over the top; I didn't know some of you would think I was talking about you directly or that I am unaware of the meaning of the word jealously or that it is an absolute. I do not however know for sure that these posters are jealous. I apologize for making it seem like every different opinion equals jealousy, and that I know these posters as individuals. Should have left it at wow I guess. geeeez.

Anyways, her hair is pretty in my opinion, and can see how some people would think it isn't. I just wanted to point out her hair to people here, and the picture I clicked on had this article attached to it, just thought the comments were a little (insert whatever you'd like here, but be careful how you use/type it.)

Crumpet
November 19th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Wow, I think her hair is beautiful. FT ends are a matter of opinion (I think hers look just fine) and its nice to see a finey with long hair. I'm surprised that so many people think that long hair is unattractive though! Yikes!

bunzfan
November 19th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Didn't read the comments but, i think her hair looks just lovely.

ravenreed
November 19th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I think part of it is that in the media hair is posed just as much as people are. We aren't exposed to what real hair looks like when you move around like a normal person. My hair does this when I wear it down, which is why I constantly brush it.

1nuitblanche
November 19th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I'm not usually a fan of tapered ends on straight hair, but I think she makes it look alright.

sally_neuf
November 19th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Her hair is what I want mine to look like next year! gorgeous!

martyna_22
November 19th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I've seen these photos long ago.. and I was pretty jealous. What I thought at the time was that I'd trim the ends a little.. but it's awesome anyway.

jacqueline101
November 19th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I'm another one who wants to know how the taper ends became the international symbol for hair gone wrong. Further more I think her hair is amazing. I hate people who judge and put others down. If they thought her hair looked so bad why didn't the camera man who took the pictures suggest an up do or her to comb it.

kitana97
November 19th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Her hair is beautiful. I like the "rawness" of it. She keeps it a little bit messy at the top and uneven at the bottom, which is refreshing from many of the picture perfect hair styles many celebs have in the U.S. If you look at celebs and women in Europe they keep their hair and makeup in a more natural fashion, it's not straightened to hell and back nor dumped with hairspray. Lara looks like she got out of bed, combed it a bit, and left the house - no muss no fuss.

Rio040113
November 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Personally I love her hair, I can't wait for mine to be that long :) Her hair looks pretty fine and on the thinner side of things, it's nice to see long thin hair not bulked up with extensions. Thick hair is gorgeous but so is thin hair and it's lovely to see someone, especially a 'celeb'/someone in the public eye, not following the extensions trend :) It's refreshing!

kitana97
November 19th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Here's one that shows off the length from the back. http://i.imgur.com/6Mntf9w.jpg?1

jacqueline101
November 19th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Here's one that shows off the length from the back. http://i.imgur.com/6Mntf9w.jpg?1

I love the picture thanks for sharing.

niky45
November 19th, 2013, 12:54 PM
ugh. I have read like the first three responses, and I refuse to continue reading.

her hair is BEAUTIFUL, although it's a little too long for my taste (... I'm kinda new here, alright? I'm still getting used to see hair past BSL, and I LOVE it long, just... perhaps I like it even more at waist/hip than longer).

She could use perhaps a bit more conditioner on the ends, but only because ends ALWAYS can use a bit more conditioner. anyway, it's as healthy as everyone here... (or so I think.... )

otherwise... I absolutely LOVE fairytale ends... so, she kinda has my dream hair. (only, a bit longer than my dream one :P )

Sillage
November 19th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I actually like the less polished bedhead look over the super sleek and very processed style. It's sexy, natural, touchable.

Diamond.Eyes
November 19th, 2013, 01:17 PM
It seems that a lot of the comments are from people who are envious. The women being discussed is absolutely stunning in my opinion, AND her hair is thud-worthy...obvious cruelty fueled by envy...

earthybee
November 19th, 2013, 01:20 PM
It has to be jealous... gorgeous and long hair. They can't take it.

Rio040113
November 19th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I just wanted to add, given the name of the website, a lot of the comments are hardly surprising... :/

Sharysa
November 19th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I think part of it is that in the media hair is posed just as much as people are. We aren't exposed to what real hair looks like when you move around like a normal person. My hair does this when I wear it down, which is why I constantly brush it.

This, right here. When I had a photoshoot, we had LOTS of trouble getting my hair to either look photogenic or stay that way long enough for my photographer to snap a picture.

Hair is troublesome when you're trying to photograph it properly, which is why you need about two hours for a basic shoot with 10-20 photos.

Most of the time my hair looks like a mess of black, which is why I have so much trouble photographing my hairstyles.

LauraLongLocks
November 19th, 2013, 01:33 PM

Definitely a tapered hemline with fairy tale ends. I personally don't like that look for my hair, and I have similar hair to hers, but she can wear it however she wants to, and it's fine. If she likes it, then happy day! How many women can honestly say they LOVE their hair?

NymphSpirit
November 19th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I just wanted to add, given the name of the website, a lot of the comments are hardly surprising... :/

I thought the same, it's just one of those websites people go to rant and criticize random people :shrug:

I like her hair, the cut, the shine, and it's understandable she has flyaways, 1)Most people do, just because she's a celebrity it doesn't mean she has to bathe in hairspray, 2)Her hair's straight and very thin! Everyone I know with that combination usually have either flyaways or static.
What I don't love is that her ends do look ratty, nothing to trim 6 inches for, but I say some coconut oil would work wonders on those ends!

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Adrien+Brody+Lara+Lieto+Adrien+Brody+Lara+CB4GFElc Obvl.jpg

Andeee
November 19th, 2013, 01:43 PM
She's gorgeous and so is her hair! Yes the ends look a bit dry, nothing a good oil or conditioning treatment couldn't address, or a trim of a few inches, but if I were in her place I'd probably not trim it and just go for a good conditioning.

Anyway, apart from the bottom couple of inches it looks shiny and healthy and lovely.

chen bao jun
November 19th, 2013, 02:14 PM
She has great hair.
I don't think people are necessarily jealous. I just think people have knee-jerk reactions. Once hair is past bra-strap a lot of people 'see' that it has split ends or whatever because that's the stereotype.
I'm black and I have hazel eyes that are very light yellowish brown sometimes and they sometimes they turn (naturally) a bright green in certain lights or when I'm wearing certain colors of clothes. Its really very obvious. Yet I have often had people describe me as having black or brown eyes and even have that I have 'black' eyes written on some documents officially. It's totally a matter of people see a black person, they see dark eyes, no matter what is actually there. People are lazy about actually looking. I notice from some of the comments that Asian Indians are allowed to have superlong hair and people say it's pretty, but a 'regular, white' woman--no. It's just silly.

alabaster
November 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I think a lot of the responses are because people are used to seeing celebrities with hair styled and sprayed into submission. Her's seems to look more natural, which i guess does not photograph well.... I think it is pretty anyway :)

leslissocool
November 19th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Her hair looks great, not at all ratty, barely any fairy tale ends.

I got to say, it's really ignorance/ difference in taste or just jealousy. I've seen celebs with extensions that look way worse than her hair and they rave about them -_-.

melesine
November 19th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Wow the author of the article is just as petty and childish as some of the comments at the bottom of it.

FireFromWithin
November 19th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I thought it looked like she had a V cut rather than lots of fairytale ends. And with thin straight hair it often looks at least a little dry, which probably still gets less criticism from the masses than going out with heavily oiled hair would! I just hope that she ignores all the gossip hounds and does what she wants with her hair.

dreamingstar
November 19th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Not that I'd have hoards of fussy people following me around, but the comments make me wonder what people will think of my hair when it's that long. :shake:

spidermom
November 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Because I used the word jealous doesn't mean I interviewed each poster and they told me that they were jealous. Although I can see how (some of) you might think that, had (some of) you thought I was in the interview business, but that seems a bit assuming. I could have used the words idiotic, harsh, over the top

I interpreted "jealousy" to mean that negative comments came from people who wished they had hair like hers but don't, so they were making catty remarks ("any fool will despise what he/she cannot have"). If you had used words like idiotic, harsh, over the top, etc, then of course I would have interpreted your meaning differently. But no, of course I wasn't assuming that you had interviewed each person before coming to the conclusion that the remarks were fueled by jealousy.

Some of the comments were pretty harsh, but I think they most likely came from people who really and truly - for whatever reason - didn't like her hair.

ErinLeigh
November 19th, 2013, 05:03 PM
That article reeks with jealousy. Her hair is gorgeous.
At least I think it reeks with jealousy. Are people now days really only seeing long hair as religious or extreme? What is with that story! What a negative article. No wonder girls now days all keep hair short. Long hair causes such a commotion. wow.

ErinLeigh
November 19th, 2013, 05:10 PM
What is weird is even the commenters with long hair say.. "weirdly long, stringy, damaged, needs cut"
I think since most people only see thick long EXTENSIONS they forget what true long hair looks like. Its sad though because I think her hair looks really pretty.
Now I see why some people wear their hair up in public. It does really does bring out the opinions and comments, doesn't it? Still shaking my head.

ErinLeigh
November 19th, 2013, 05:14 PM
my favorite comment is the one saying the girl should cut her hair. Then she goes on to say she cut her once long hair and someone had the NERVE to tell her women should have long hair. She clutches her pearls and says how dare he tell her how to wear her hair. ummmmmmmmmmm......hypocrite......lol

This reminds me of something I was speaking about last week. People just are not comfortable with extremes. Whether it is weight (too large or small) working out (too many muscles, not enough) hair (too short, too long) Clothes (too modest, too revealing) Hair color (too dark, too blonde)
People just feel better when everyone is alike. I find deep down people hold on to a lot of jealousies and pre conceived notions and just feel more settled when they don't feel they have to compete or compare with something they themselves do not posses.

marymonster
November 19th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I think her hair is gorgeous!

ravenreed
November 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Yep. On the rare occasion I try to get a length shot, I have a nanosecond where my hair is behaving but the moment I move, it all has to be readjusted. My hair is wavy and wild. It always has done its own thing. Why should it stop now?

This, right here. When I had a photoshoot, we had LOTS of trouble getting my hair to either look photogenic or stay that way long enough for my photographer to snap a picture.

Hair is troublesome when you're trying to photograph it properly, which is why you need about two hours for a basic shoot with 10-20 photos.

Most of the time my hair looks like a mess of black, which is why I have so much trouble photographing my hairstyles.

Laura-Anne
November 19th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I think her hair is really beautiful on her. I personally don't like fairytale ends on straight hair but she pulls it off better than some people I've seen. And why do people think fairytale ends are just split/damaged? They look healthy to me! Maybe slightly dry but they look great nonetheless. And I agree... Some people that commented on the article are probably jealous, but some people are rude and probably just don't like her hair. I can't see why though because she's absolutely gorgeous!

sagremus
November 19th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Beautiful hair on a beautiful woman. I am envious and would love to have that length and have it look that good.

0xalis
November 19th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Her hair is beautiful. Everyone's making a big fuss over the fact that her hair isn't red carpet perfect when HAIR ISN'T PERFECT ALL THE TIME!! :steam
Her hair looks stringy and frizzy? Doesn't mean it always looks like that. There's a thing called a bad hair day. And besides, those people want that man so of COURSE they're going to insult the girl he's with. I feel so sorry for famous people.

Syaoransbear
November 19th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I've never heard of this girl before, and it's sad that the first thing I hear about her isn't about her accomplishments or anything about her personally but something as superficial as her hair.

Anyways, her hair is stunning. I have no idea how people think it's thin or ratty. I guess people aren't used to how natural hair looks when it isn't heat styled into a genetic impossibility.

SongofLove
November 19th, 2013, 11:43 PM
I think her hair looks gorgeous! I especially love the pics from the back -- that V-hemline is soo pretty!

UltraBella
November 20th, 2013, 12:14 AM
I don't think the average female would be jealous of her hair. I think they genuinely don't like how it looks. Which of course matters not one bit.

Accalia
November 20th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Wow I love her hair! Also the 'messy' and 'stringy' look.

spidermom
November 20th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Forgot to mention that some of the comments are absolutely true of my hair (but not necessarily the woman being discussed). Try my LHC best (have been here 7 years), when my hair gets to around tailbone length, it IS a mass of ratty split ends. I recently cut back to waist because I couldn't cope with it any longer.

MonaMayfair
November 20th, 2013, 07:12 AM

I've never heard of her, and barely heard of him either, so I googled her and found rude comments about her, her ratty hair and skanky behavior on all sorts of websites, lol!

If my hair looked like that, I'd be too embarrassed to wear it loose, tbh

millyaulait
November 20th, 2013, 07:25 AM
I don't think the average female would be jealous of her hair. I think they genuinely don't like how it looks. Which of course matters not one bit.

Yep, this.

Personally I don't love it (she is beautiful though) & think it would look so much better cut back to hip or waist. Just an aesthetic preference, I suppose. To the average person her length is overkill so of course they are going to pick apart the dry/thin/stringy aspects of it. I bet if her hair was BSL and in the same state they wouldn't comment on it at all.

MaryO
November 20th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Oh I like her hair very much! Like the colour and the unevenness, I realise it's not everyone's taste but I am a firm supporter of natural looking ladies!

windyballoons
November 20th, 2013, 10:02 AM
The article itself is so mean and judgy, no wonder the comments are awful!

I think people need to tear other people down, especially celebrities. If she had short hair, those same commenters would probably complain about it being short!

I think it's beautiful- hope my hair gets there one day!

Vrindi
November 20th, 2013, 10:11 AM

I find it amazing that they trash people with tapered/fairy-tale ends hair, and then they turn around and say "you should get layers." Do they not realize that layers are designed to taper the ends and approximate FTE's?

Poor thing should have oiled or leave in Condished a tiny little before exposing the masses to TBL. It would have helped with the fly away and the supposed scraggle.

I think maybe she was going for a post-coital hair look. ;) It looks intentional to me.

chen bao jun
November 20th, 2013, 10:17 AM
If I saw this young woman walking down the street and didn't know she was a celebrity, I would think, what a pretty girl and what beautiful, natural looking long hair.
I might also think, how brave to wear it down, but not because it looks bad. I lvoe the color, the silkiness, the length and everything and don't think her ends are noticeable unless you are scrutinizing with a magnifying glass. Most people's ends look worse than the rest of their hair. I know mine do and I'm barely brastrap. But if you cut for that, your hair stays short.

chen bao jun
November 20th, 2013, 10:22 AM
http://childhoodreading.com/?p=16

Lovely story, which makes a point.
I hope nobody gets all racheted up about the use of the politically incorrect word "Chinaman", the story was written 200 years ago, and the translation into English is old, too--if they used a modern translation that had the right term, they would be violating translators copyright, while this version is in the public domain.

Kaelee
November 20th, 2013, 10:28 AM
What is weird is even the commenters with long hair say.. "weirdly long, stringy, damaged, needs cut"
I think since most people only see thick long EXTENSIONS they forget what true long hair looks like. Its sad though because I think her hair looks really pretty.
Now I see why some people wear their hair up in public. It does really does bring out the opinions and comments, doesn't it? Still shaking my head.

People are so used to seeing hair that's been dyed, bleached, full of products, heat styled within an inch of it's life (which is all pefectly fine if that's what you want for your hair) that they don't actually know what natural, healthy hair looks like. You're right and especially about extensions! Some people don't even believe hair can actually grow that long. :bigeyes:

Personally I love her hair, ends and all. It reminds me of the 70's, makes me think of hippies! :D And it gives me hope that I can have beautiful fairytale ends if I so choose because I don't always think that looks good on straight hair (like mine).

YamaMaya
November 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Now, I’ve had long hair most of my life. I think the longest I’ve ever worn my hair is probably just above my natural waist. And you know what? That’s too long. When you wear your hair that long, it’s a mess of split and damaged ends. You feel literally and figuratively weighed down.
Oh this paragraph :rolleyes:.

ErinLeigh
November 20th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Funny how Lindsey Lohan runs around with the most scraggly extensions (as well as a lot of reality "stars") and all anyone does is call them BEAUTIFUL. lol
But take natural hair and make it long and all of a sudden it is icky. I mean have you guys ever see Lindsay's extension? Why does that not get a reaction. People just accept it as "style."

I guess this article and comments bother me because this is just a girl dating a man who wanted to go out and look nice, not be ripped to pieces and called every name in the book. It would be really hurtful and that makes me sad for her. Crazy how people can take something as innocent as a night out and turn it into something so ugly.

ErinLeigh
November 20th, 2013, 12:51 PM
I have actually heard people with long hair be called "hair hoarders." What is it about long hair that gets such a strong reaction? I am truly puzzled. As I wrote on last page I get people are uncomfortable with extremes but is this really that extreme?

meteor
November 20th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I really like her casual look and hair: natural, lively, youthful and light, not overly styled, and the rare length sans fake extensions is definitely refreshing. It definitely makes her look very young and cool. :)

People bashing her hair possibly prefer average, conventionally-processed tresses that are styled according to the latest "rules" that will neither turn heads nor attract criticism. Oh well, to each their own! :)

leslissocool
November 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Funny how Lindsey Lohan runs around with the most scraggly extensions (as well as a lot of reality "stars") and all anyone does is call them BEAUTIFUL. lol
But take natural hair and make it long and all of a sudden it is icky. I mean have you guys ever see Lindsay's extension? Why does that not get a reaction. People just accept it as "style."

That's exactly what I mean by my previous comment!

They are so awful, I've seen really bad weaves and glued in extensions, and she get trashed for her ends? :bigeyes: it baffles me, my hair is at that "woah!" length and I think it looks WAY better than 90% of the extensions I see. It's not "natural" looking, it's real.

I've seen amazing extensions too, but they are rare and from my knowledge are super expensive.

sternchenfine
November 20th, 2013, 03:01 PM
i really love her hair
and i think adrian does too;
look how he embraces her.. arms hung around her waist, hands touching the silky mane.. he obviously likes Fairytale Ends (well ok, maybe he likes her aswell ;) )

it´s the price of beeing famous to have thousands of people claiming their unquestioned opinion about ones appearance.
i can only hope she doesn´t read any of these nasty comments, or at least doesn´t bother.

Shibe
November 20th, 2013, 05:50 PM
My favorite rude comment:

"It’s definitely real, because NO hairdresser could make anybody’s hair look that stringy and wrong. Looks like hell. She doesn’t even groom it to make it look good. Seems she’s just addicted to it since it’s probably been there her whole life, judging the length of it. It’s hard to let go of very long hair when you’ve had it a long time.

She badly needs at least 14 inches trimmed off to make it look remotely healthy on the ends. "

These posters are insanely ignorant.

Glimmer
November 20th, 2013, 06:25 PM
These people remind me of my mother. Every time she sees someone with long hair she says...they need to cut about a mile off of that hair. I am not sure why but she hates anyone with long hair. Anything past your shoulders to her is LONG...too long for anyone of any age. Now, I find that funny since when she was young and trying to date my dad she had waist long hair. Now it is cut in a boys cut. I finally got her to shut up by telling her to quit trying to look like a man and grow hers out some LOL.

I don't understand all the venom thrown in this woman's direction over her hair. It is on her head. Whatever, she can wear it like she wants. Doesn't mess up my day one way or another. Personally, I like waist long hair on pretty much everyone but I don't try to force that on anyone else.

And for coworkers to come up and say they want to sneak up on a person and cut their hair is just scary...that is nuts. Man, I guess I will be wearing my hair up when it gets longer to work...sheesh.

sparrowswing
November 20th, 2013, 06:52 PM
These comments are awful (You know you're a long hair when comments like this, about someone you've never even heard of before, genuinely upset you.), but I wouldn't call it jealousy. Most of these people don't even know what their real hair looks like anymore. Some of the comments mention people who can't grow their hair even to their shoulders because it breaks off "no matter what they do". These are people who accept the magical hair from the shampoo commercials as real, who can't imagine taking years to grow out hair when you can just get extensions, who have so little experience with healthy hair that they can't recognize it when they do see it. It's depressing, really.

picklepie
November 20th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I thought her hair was *intentionally* kind of messed up and ratty, to give a "just rolled in the hay" kind of look. Right? Bed head? Isn't that a thing?

Shibe
November 20th, 2013, 07:42 PM
These people remind me of my mother. Every time she sees someone with long hair she says...they need to cut about a mile off of that hair. I am not sure why but she hates anyone with long hair. Anything past your shoulders to her is LONG...too long for anyone of any age. Now, I find that funny since when she was young and trying to date my dad she had waist long hair. Now it is cut in a boys cut. I finally got her to shut up by telling her to quit trying to look like a man and grow hers out some LOL.

I don't understand all the venom thrown in this woman's direction over her hair. It is on her head. Whatever, she can wear it like she wants. Doesn't mess up my day one way or another. Personally, I like waist long hair on pretty much everyone but I don't try to force that on anyone else.

And for coworkers to come up and say they want to sneak up on a person and cut their hair is just scary...that is nuts. Man, I guess I will be wearing my hair up when it gets longer to work...sheesh.

I honestly think her hair long hate comes from her subconscious- her hair was that long during that time so now long hair reminds her of it.

Shibe
November 20th, 2013, 07:43 PM
I thought her hair was *intentionally* kind of messed up and ratty, to give a "just rolled in the hay" kind of look. Right? Bed head? Isn't that a thing?

With how fine her hair is, they look like they've been out on the town all day. Wind + fine hair = bad combination. Looks a bit chilly where they are, too!

Audhumla
November 20th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Wow . . .
So much ignorance and snark concentrated in one place.
Then again what do you expect from a website with that name lol

Michiru
November 21st, 2013, 12:13 AM
That guy! I saw him in a movie splice and thought he would have made a great snape. Looks so much more like it then rickman.

Anyway, giving the name of the site it's about what I would expect

höpönasu
November 21st, 2013, 04:46 AM
I wanted to reply that post SO bad! But couldn't find a comment box... But yeah, obviously that hair is hideous because it's not bleached and fried to death, doesn't include of so real looking extensions, hasn't drowned on hairspray and oh my it's a bit frizzy! And what is seems like they're in a red carpet or something so everything natural is of course, ugly. I hate when people get judged by their looks. Not everyone has to be plastic blondes. I think her hair is gorgeous!

Coolcombination
November 21st, 2013, 05:09 AM
Her hair just looks like that because a.its windy b. Her hair is fine. In this picture it does look slightly stringy and wispy at the ends, do you know what would solve this? A brush, that's it..... My hair looks like this every time it down and not oiled, that's just the way natural long hair is :cool:

Audhumla
November 21st, 2013, 06:17 AM
The funny thing is it looks like the ends of her hair have been lightened and coloured in the past which has left them a little thinner (I think she and her hair look amazing and I'm growing fairytale ends myself for the record) yet bleaching and heat styling is what all the comments are effectively telling her to do to fix her "gross stringy ends".
:rolleyes:

Demi-Plum
November 21st, 2013, 09:33 AM
Her hair looks a lot like mine... except I have bangs. I don't have a lot of people freak out about my length or anything. Every once in a while it will get noticed, but it's not a big deal at all...

HairFaerie
November 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM
I got diverted by the side conversation in the comments discussing the size of a man's nose in relation to the size of his "Nether Region". That was entertaining. :)

Skuld
November 21st, 2013, 01:05 PM
I just don't understand why, out of so many things to focus on, they decide to focus on her hair. Then again, it's a celebrity gossip website, so I guess anything goes.

(Besides, her hair is like the longer version of mine, so I'm obviously biased.)

Snena
November 21st, 2013, 01:09 PM
Her hair is gorgeous. It looks like it wasn't brushed though, but maybe that's the look she was going for. Those people are just jealous (as am I) and mean.
Recently, I've noticed that vast majority of women think it's impossible to have both long and healthy hair. :confused:

Cheyne
November 21st, 2013, 01:40 PM
IMO her hair is beautiful and looks natural. Just because one doesn't want to go the whole "styled" look doesn't make their hair "gross" or "icky".

HintOfMint
November 21st, 2013, 02:13 PM
The funny thing is it looks like the ends of her hair have been lightened and coloured in the past which has left them a little thinner (I think she and her hair look amazing and I'm growing fairytale ends myself for the record) yet bleaching and heat styling is what all the comments are effectively telling her to do to fix her "gross stringy ends".
:rolleyes:

It also could be lightened by the sun, or just old damage. I know my ends can get a few shades lighter than the rest of my hair just from being in the sun, or not having gotten a trim in a while and accumulating damage.

I got diverted by the side conversation in the comments discussing the size of a man's nose in relation to the size of his "Nether Region". That was entertaining. :)

That was the best part of this unholy article.

ravenreed
November 21st, 2013, 04:17 PM
My hair could be brushed and look like that 10 minutes later. Some of us have hair with a mind of its own. I often feel like I should approach it with a :whip: and a chair.

Her hair is gorgeous. It looks like it wasn't brushed though, but maybe that's the look she was going for. Those people are just jealous (as am I) and mean.
Recently, I've noticed that vast majority of women think it's impossible to have both long and healthy hair. :confused:

thirstylocks
November 22nd, 2013, 01:06 AM
The comments are so vicious. If they aren't sparked by jealousy, they DO show some at the very least how tactless and downright mean the commenters are. Her hair does NOT look damaged! Her hair is beautiful and looks natural. I think people are just used to seeing flamboyant and unnaturally voluminous hair extensions instead of real long hair.

Syaoransbear
November 22nd, 2013, 02:01 AM
I don't think it's jealousy because honestly there's tonnes of hair on here I do not like because it's just too long for my tastes and that's all, but I completely do not understand how people in the comments and especially people here refer to her hair as stringy or thin. She has more hair over one boob than I do on my whole head, and I have average thickness. Her hair doesn't look stringy at all, it looks the way it would if natural hair that long was let down.

At this point I feel like cutting off all my hair and putting in extensions because if hair like that is considered stringy, my hair is like super, mega, kamehameha stringy. And it's only bsl. It's just going to get worse. My hair will never look as good as hers but people think her hair supposedly looks like crap? When I hear that, I feel like I've wasted 4 years of my life on this website trying to make my hair look even just half as good as hers.

I don't know how people are talking about split ends, you wouldn't be able to see her ends in those photos. I think people are mistaking STATIC from the fabric for damage. You can tell by the way her hair is clinging to her dress that it is probably static making her ends look a bit fuzzy.

Zebra Fish
November 22nd, 2013, 02:30 AM
I think the majority of the comments comes from the point that nowadays peple dont know anymore how real hair looks like. Most are used to celebrity hair's, and most of the have extensions, and even those who doesnt, most have professionaly done hair for every appearance. So when they see "normal" hair - that is automaticaly yucky and destroyed and wrong...
I have thin hair, so I realy don't see any problems in her hair. I would even think that should be a good example for people to remember them how hair looks like.
If more and more people have problems with models and fashion industry 'coz they are promoting too skinny girls and they want more "normal" girls around, then same stuff would be with "aritificial" hair - they should be happy with "normal" hair I guess :p
But then again, if all that girls/women are jelous because of her being his gf, then they would find anything, and if it wasnt for her long hair, they'd pick her drass or sth else :p

emilia1992
November 22nd, 2013, 02:32 AM
I'd rather have hair like hers; natural, not weighed down by product and yes, 'stringy' if that's an accurate description at all, than the overly-styled, heat-damaged, shorter hair than many other celebrities go for. It's nice that she stands out in that way, rather than for plastic surgery/ too much nudity/ whatever else.

DancingQueen
November 22nd, 2013, 02:47 AM
She looks very young to be his girlfriend, just my opinion. But that aside, she is very beautiful, and her hair looks just fine to me. Sure, it is not perfect - but she must be doing something right, when it can grow that long. :)

ETA: Someone mentions that she knows a lot if indian friends with thick, knee-length hair, and that everyone can achieve it with the right work. She doesn't seem to realize, that not all women have those genetics, and can get hair that thick and full. People just don't know what real hair look like anymore.

Majormiles
November 22nd, 2013, 05:32 AM
I think her hair is lovely, it's refreshing to see natural long hair. I think that a lot of the comments just show an ignorance in society about the beauty of natural long hair.

Avital88
November 22nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
well agreed she has pretty hair but her hair looks like she just rolled out of bed..she could have brushed or oiled a tiny bit at least

YamaMaya
November 22nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
I don't think it's jealousy because honestly there's tonnes of hair on here I do not like because it's just too long for my tastes and that's all, but I completely do not understand how people in the comments and especially people here refer to her hair as stringy or thin. She has more hair over one boob than I do on my whole head, and I have average thickness. Her hair doesn't look stringy at all, it looks the way it would if natural hair that long was let down.

At this point I feel like cutting off all my hair and putting in extensions because if hair like that is considered stringy, my hair is like super, mega, kamehameha stringy. And it's only bsl. It's just going to get worse. My hair will never look as good as hers but people think her hair supposedly looks like crap? When I hear that, I feel like I've wasted 4 years of my life on this website trying to make my hair look even just half as good as hers.

I don't know how people are talking about split ends, you wouldn't be able to see her ends in those photos. I think people are mistaking STATIC from the fabric for damage. You can tell by the way her hair is clinging to her dress that it is probably static making her ends look a bit fuzzy.
:grouphug: Don't let the ignorant comments of a few let you throw away years of progress. That website is nothing to take seriously, I mean, how pathetic do you have to be to make snide comments about one woman's appearence just because she happens to be famous? It's all down to jealousy, she's a beautiful woman and people want to find something wrong with her to feel better about themselves. Pay them no mind.

ravenreed
November 22nd, 2013, 01:40 PM
For every person who doesn't like my hair, I have people fawning over it. Today, two different women said they wanted to pet my braid because it looked so shiny and healthy. These are women with short hair themselves. So even though they don't want super long hair, they can still appreciate it when they see it. You can't please everyone, so why not do what pleases the most important person in the equation- you.

gnome82
November 22nd, 2013, 04:01 PM

I found that amusing as well :popcorn:.
I think she is stunning and her hair is lovely. It appears to me that some people do not like "natural long" hair. :shrug:

Tini'sNewHair
November 22nd, 2013, 05:57 PM
I actually like the less polished bedhead look over the super sleek and very processed style. It's sexy, natural, touchable.

Took the words right out of my mouth ^^ :) I LOVE her hair, its perfect the way it is. For once i dont actually mind an uneven hem line :)

HintOfMint
November 22nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
For every person who doesn't like my hair, I have people fawning over it. Today, two different women said they wanted to pet my braid because it looked so shiny and healthy. These are women with short hair themselves. So even though they don't want super long hair, they can still appreciate it when they see it. You can't please everyone, so why not do what pleases the most important person in the equation- you.

I second this. It's extremely true. For every person who has told me I need a haircut, I've had another begging me not to cut. Trying to appeal to the greatest common denominator is chasing mediocrity, in my opinion. There are plenty of places where building consensus is an important thing. Your appearance is not one of them.

dulce
November 22nd, 2013, 07:10 PM
I love her natural hair cut in a v cut.So much prettier than the fake extensions and salon overstyled''perfect'' hair with too many products hair.People cannot recognize natural hair anymore and how it looks.

Sharysa
November 22nd, 2013, 09:56 PM
Yep. On the rare occasion I try to get a length shot, I have a nanosecond where my hair is behaving but the moment I move, it all has to be readjusted. My hair is wavy and wild. It always has done its own thing. Why should it stop now?

My hair is borderline wavy, so it behaves even worse than proper waves. :P I'm lucky that length shots are easy because all I have to do is wear a light-colored top.

As for the article, I definitely echo the sentiment that most people are uninformed about long hair. Plus, the definite racist undertones about "Indian girls have beautiful long hair, but she's white so now it's stringy and damaged."

If Asian girls were the only ones who "should" have long and natural hair, how would they explain all the Asians with awesome short hair, dyed hair, or punk/scene/emo cuts? Because those are actually WAY more common styles in the Bay Area, especially for younger women.

Aemelia
November 22nd, 2013, 10:05 PM
To me....obviously it's healthy, it's almost classic! If it was "ratty" and "splitty" and "damaged" like the comments said it would be up at bra strap length like all the girls who have damaged hair and can't grow it any longer.

spirals
November 23rd, 2013, 02:00 AM
How many women can honestly say they LOVE their hair?

I can. Sorry if that sounds arrogant, but it's the simple truth. It makes up for all the things I don't like.

As far as her hair, it's gorgeous. I don't see a thing wrong with it. Long hair=ratty is a stereotype.

faellen
November 23rd, 2013, 03:46 AM
I like her hair, and I think she's beautiful, and that whole article and comments are just catty. Then again, what do we expect from a website called "celebitchy"?

NuclearApple
November 23rd, 2013, 04:14 AM
quite dry but nice,she could have combed/brushed it better though :(

SouthernSweetie
November 26th, 2013, 09:30 PM
People can be so judgemental. WHO CARES whether they like her hair or not. She obviously likes it, and that's what matters. The End.
Personally I think its beautiful and would die for hair like that! Hopefully I can grow mine that long, and my hair color is very close to that!

NoRush
November 27th, 2013, 01:41 AM
I don't like the tapered ends, and hers look a bit dry but I'd hardly call it an unhealthy head of hair. And as I read the comments it struck me as funny the stark line between long hair lovers and haters hahaha.

The thing that bothers me the most about this article is how judgemental it is overall, from the hair, to the girls age, to the blokes choices.... WTF?

arielágua
November 27th, 2013, 05:48 AM
I honestly think only women care about this. I doubt there is a man in the comment section complaining about the "ratty", "thin" or "dry" ends. It just shows how women are deeply wash brained to pursue a certain hair aesthetic and impose it to others without being aware of it.
When are we all going to stop pretending that hair should look like this: http://cdn2.stylecraze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Silky-Long-Hair.jpg
I think her hair looks very natural and pretty. I don't think everyone has to present themselves with excessively groomed hair, as probably if we didn't have access to all the miracle products in the market (or in the kitchen for some) our hair wouldn't be looking as "good".

SamEatsBrains
November 27th, 2013, 06:10 AM
How do you know the comments are from jealous people? Not every negative comment is spawn from jealousy.

I like her hair, although it does look a little dry at the ends.

Because most are. Would you rather it be jealously or just that the people are mean? No need to be negative unless they're trying to make themselves feel better. Otherwise, they'd don't have the 'excuse' of being jealous, and they're just rude. She's very obviously a very beautiful woman with enviable hair. Is it perfect? No. Neither is mine. I have had ends like that before. Still sorta do! I'd love a thick hemline, but it would mean much shorter hair right now.

Agnes Hannah
November 27th, 2013, 06:35 AM
I think her hair is perfect, she is a human being after all, not some kind of computer animated thing!

chen bao jun
November 27th, 2013, 09:08 AM
. Plus, the definite racist undertones about "Indian girls have beautiful long hair, but she's white so now it's stringy and damaged."

If Asian girls were the only ones who "should" have long and natural hair, how would they explain all the Asians with awesome short hair, dyed hair, or punk/scene/emo cuts? Because those are actually WAY more common styles in the Bay Area, especially for younger women.

I don't know that this is racism. People see what they are trained to see. they look at an Indian girl with long hair and they see 'beautiful' because in their minds Indians are supposed to be able to grow beautiful long hair (and even when they see Indian girls with short hair, they think their hair would be beautiful if it were long) while they look at white woman with hair longer than waist and think 'ratty and unkempt'--no matter how it actually looks, because white women are not supposed to have hair longer than brastrap.People just think in categories, its obnoxious, but there's usually not ill will behind it.

rags
November 27th, 2013, 09:42 AM
My hair is thinner than hers and baby -fine, so when it's down I get the exact same "look" she has; flyaway, "stringy" and thin (though mine IS thin. Her's isn't - it's just not really thick. I guarentee you she's a ii thickness at least). When mine was TB it looked just like this - and the comment section? Is one reason that now I am approaching waist again my hair is almost never down in public. My own family has been known to tell me how bad it looks because it's too thin (and that was coming from a SIL who had ankle-length hair with very little taper at the time - so no jealousy there!) . A lot of people just think fine, thinner hair looks very bad long. :shrug:

chen bao jun
November 27th, 2013, 01:53 PM
rags, if you have hair like her, you have beautiful hair. (which I knew already. I love your attractive gray streak).
As for your SIL, I see no reason and no point to her comment. This may not be jealousy but it IS a very spiteful remark. You never know what is going on in someone else's head but this is not something that someone would say unless meant to discourage you--in my opinion, the only time someone has a right to hint something about you personally is when you are actually dirty and smell--and even then they should be c areful how they say it. Families can be fraught places. There are other reasons someone might want to make another SIL feel small other than jealousy and one can also swap what they attack you on (i.e., start talking about your 'thin' hair because they sense that will hurt when they are jealous of your brother's affection for you, your place in the family--it could be a million other things. Just saying.
But by all means keep it up if that makes them shut up.

My hair is thinner than hers and baby -fine, so when it's down I get the exact same "look" she has; flyaway, "stringy" and thin (though mine IS thin. Her's isn't - it's just not really thick. I guarentee you she's a ii thickness at least). When mine was TB it looked just like this - and the comment section? Is one reason that now I am approaching waist again my hair is almost never down in public. My own family has been known to tell me how bad it looks because it's too thin (and that was coming from a SIL who had ankle-length hair with very little taper at the time - so no jealousy there!) . A lot of people just think fine, thinner hair looks very bad long. :shrug:

Sillage
November 27th, 2013, 02:04 PM
When mine was TB it looked just like this - and the comment section? Is one reason that now I am approaching waist again my hair is almost never down in public.

Rags, please tell you are not taking some random internet heffalumps seriously.

allycat
November 27th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I love her hair. She's obviously under no obligation to anyone to alter her appearance for anyone's approval. The comments on the article are over the top, but there are also several here saying that she could have brushed/trimmed/oiled her hair a bit before going out. Why exactly should she? If what you mean is that YOU would brush/trim/oil your hair before going out, then why not say that? I just don't get this expectation that anyone else should value or care about the same things we do in the exact same way, whether it be beauty, appearance, success, etc.

I never brush my hair. I like it like that. As a little girl I was told to brush my "rat's nest," but even if I did, two seconds later it looked unbrushed again. Who cares? Nowadays I partly like it messy and partly just don't care. Sure, someone could post here at LHC "well, allycat could certainly brush her hair, it would be a lot prettier that way" but the thing is, I'm not stupid. I know I could do that. I don't want to. Maybe prettiness is not my main priority. And I would just find it condescending if someone said that to me. I wish people would cop to their own preferences instead of projecting them onto others.

I also wish women didn't spend so much time complaining about what other women do, but alas, that's not likely to ever happen! ;) Women have been threatened by other women not conforming for like…forever probably!

Arciela
November 27th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Wow shes so pretty!! I LOVE HER HAIR!! That is my dream hair :) And yeah...I agree, the nasty negative comments are screaming jealousy >.<

Elanadi
November 27th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I love her hair. She's obviously under no obligation to anyone to alter her appearance for anyone's approval. The comments on the article are over the top, but there are also several here saying that she could have brushed/trimmed/oiled her hair a bit before going out. Why exactly should she? If what you mean is that YOU would brush/trim/oil your hair before going out, then why not say that? I just don't get this expectation that anyone else should value or care about the same things we do in the exact same way, whether it be beauty, appearance, success, etc.

I never brush my hair. I like it like that. As a little girl I was told to brush my "rat's nest," but even if I did, two seconds later it looked unbrushed again. Who cares? Nowadays I partly like it messy and partly just don't care. Sure, someone could post here at LHC "well, allycat could certainly brush her hair, it would be a lot prettier that way" but the thing is, I'm not stupid. I know I could do that. I don't want to. Maybe prettiness is not my main priority. And I would just find it condescending if someone said that to me. I wish people would cop to their own preferences instead of projecting them onto others.

I also wish women didn't spend so much time complaining about what other women do, but alas, that's not likely to ever happen! ;) Women have been threatened by other women not conforming for like…forever probably!

^^THIS!!! I hate even the comments about brushing / oiling / trimming. We are all different, and yet so many people think others need to either be like them or do what they do. I have hair similar to the lady in the photo, and my hair always looks unbrushed about 5 seconds after I brush it. It's just a fact of having thinner and finer hair. My ends also look like hers. we aren't all blessed with lush hemlines, that doesn't mean we should have to trim or not grow out our hair at all. Why can't people just stop judging every single little detail? It's mean and hurtful and serves no purpose. I think the woman's hair is beautiful, and suits her perfectly.

ebullience
November 27th, 2013, 11:59 PM
I adore her hair! I feel like I have a pixie cut compared to her :)

My favourite comment from the article:

"FAKE–theres a thing called gravity, the longer ur hair, the more gravity pulls it down–impossible to have hair so long and so thick…sorry to disapoint all the believers-there is some real hair in there but wake up peopl!"

I don't think they've visited LHC before :p

CurlMonster
November 28th, 2013, 12:51 AM
I think she is gorgeous and so is her hair, I don't understand what everyone is criticizing. :) Her colour is pretty similar to mine, so it's inspiring to see hair like my natural colour looking so pretty!

chen bao jun
November 28th, 2013, 07:19 AM

"FAKE–theres a thing called gravity, the longer ur hair, the more gravity pulls it down–impossible to have hair so long and so thick…sorry to disapoint all the believers-there is some real hair in there but wake up peopl!"

Thats funny. My grandmother had braids she could sit on and each was about four inch circumference--I guess gravity fell down on the job in her case?
I would guess the poster does things to her hair that make it disappear by brastrap and is judging everyone by her own case.
That lovely hair is clearly not fake.

Synnovea
November 28th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I don't know that this is racism. People see what they are trained to see. they look at an Indian girl with long hair and they see 'beautiful' because in their minds Indians are supposed to be able to grow beautiful long hair (and even when they see Indian girls with short hair, they think their hair would be beautiful if it were long) while they look at white woman with hair longer than waist and think 'ratty and unkempt'--no matter how it actually looks, because white women are not supposed to have hair longer than brastrap.People just think in categories, its obnoxious, but there's usually not ill will behind it.

Agreed, and those categories you've listed are so-called races. People don't have to be racist to say or think racist things because they're so deeply engrained within the culture that, as you say, people see what they are trained to see, and most don't even realize they're Otherizing people. Institutional racism isn't all hoods, robes, and Nazis--it's even scarier because it's the blind kind.

That woman's hair is lovely.

chen bao jun
November 28th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Well, this is OT but I don't care what they teach in school nowadays, I'm an older person and I know what racism is, I've experienced it. Racism is when you are denied a job or housing because of your skin color (and you see a less qualified person get it--this has happened to me); it's when family members gang up on you and make threats that make it difficult to marry the person you are if love with (if a different color, this has happened to me too); it is when you can get seriously injured or killed for being the wrong color in the wrong place at the wrong time, and when in fact there are many wrong places (places you are just not allowed to be ). I have lived through this, too and have had one family member beaten to the point where he sustained severe brain damage because he was black and in the army and was wearing the uniform in a place where they didn't believe blacks should be allowed in the US army.
Racism is NOT saying that different ethnicities or races or whatever you want to call them (I know race is a social construct but in fact there are usually physical differences between people from Africa and Europe or East Asia) look different from each other (as I have jsut stated, allthough you can find exceptions, they usually do) or have different other characteristics. You can make a global statement and start carrying on about 'Otherizing' people, but let's be real, stating the easily observable fact that in MOST cases, people of South Asian descent have thicker, longer hair than most people of Caucasian descent is not the same thing as Himmler making a documentary showing Jews as rats devouring the German nation, or D. W. Griffriths portrayal of blacks as half-animal rapists in Birth of a Nation.
The fact that a lot of South Asian American young girls choose to have shorter hair dyed blue does not change the basic genetics. The fact that a lot of white women, with proper care can grow very long hair does not change it either. Nobody is being offensive here, there is no institutional racism going on here and there is nothing scary going on at all when somebody says something like, 'black people mostly have very curly hair'. Nothing I said 'proves' that 'racism is engrained within the culture.' If it was, there wouldn't be the really amazing changes I have seen over the past 50 years of my life. What you wrote in your post (no offense) would get you a good grade in certain classes in college taught by certain professors who are ideologues with no idea of what they are talking about, but it happens not to be true-- or at least, highly misleading.
Sorry to rant but I've taught at colleges where people spouted this sort of sort and as a person who has lived through certain things that these people don't know ANYTHING about, it's highly annoying. And plus, dangerous. Callng people racists all the time for no good reason is, you know 'otherizing' them too.

florenonite
November 29th, 2013, 07:22 AM

I'm trying to work out how this even makes sense. How does gravity pull hair down and make it less thick? Less volume, sure, and less wave or curl, too, but that doesn't change the number of hairs you've got.

spidermom
November 29th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Funny. I was skimming and missed the FAKE comment. What a strange thing to say!

Scarlet_Heart
November 29th, 2013, 10:28 AM
A difference of opinion doesn't equal jealousy.
Personally, I like trimmed ends with shape and think same would enhance the beauty of this woman's hair. I'm not jealous.

I AM!! :waving:

goldenlady
November 29th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I'm totally jealous.. She is stunning and has AMAZING hair...A person with a difference in opinion probably wouldn't waste time commenting.. A jealous person would ;)

Alun
November 29th, 2013, 02:26 PM
The name of the site says it all!

Lilybeany
November 30th, 2013, 02:38 AM
IMO thats hair to dye for...pun..No I love it. Reminds me of mine .I like the way it hangs.The sway.It has a sexy edge.An innocence.By the look of bloke on her arm shes doing it right. My ends are like that. I made em that way. Ive saved pic on my phone tbh..as Im into that hair Great post btw.

Symphony
November 30th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Her hair is the kind of hair I dream about. Soooo beautiful! I can't wait until I reach that length... If I can!!!

Helenae
November 30th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I'm in the minority here (please don't e-shoot me, Lol) but I agree with some commentators that her ends are very thin & brittle. She most likely hasn't had a trim in years.
I think she would benefit from a 5 inch trim so that she could grow out healthier ends because her hair length & colour is absolutely gorgeous, and her face is so beautiful!
I don't think compromising healthy looking hair for long extremely thin ends is attractive. However, the writer of the article clearly has not been on LHC if she thinks waist-length is super long haha :) I'm also happy that FINALLY a celebrity-figure is representing natural long hair, because extensions horrify me.

RUNAWAYCHIC006
July 9th, 2015, 03:04 PM
I think it looks beautiful. If it were me I would probably take a few inches off the end, but why is everyone criticizing her hair? I think its good to be different. We don't all want to look the same. It's funny how society has certain "rules/norms" that if people go outside of are considered weird or bad.

misspurdy06
July 9th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Her hair is quite elegant and beautiful they (commentors) are crazy.

wilderwein
July 9th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Thats exactly the hair shape I want! *_*
I mean all the fairies and elves have exactly that kind of hair ends. And I love it!

missrandie
July 9th, 2015, 03:34 PM
My first thought was "wahhhhh, mine used to look like that when I was younger!" Then I looked close at her ends and thought "ooh, pretty fairytales, I would like mine a little thicker" then "perhaps a little oil and moisture would make those puppies shine! They look thirsty :)"

Then I looked at the comments, and I was just sad. People are just plain mean when they hide behind anonymity.

Lauraes
July 9th, 2015, 03:35 PM
"Now, I’ve had long hair most of my life. I think the longest I’ve ever worn my hair is probably just above my natural waist. And you know what? That’s too long. When you wear your hair that long, it’s a mess of split and damaged ends. You feel literally and figuratively weighed down."

Uhh, what!? When I was younger, 3 or 4 foot tall me had TBL or classic length hair and I did NOT feel weighed down whatsoever. Now, I'm still under 5 foot, my hair is waist length, heavy, and thick and I still don't feel weighed down, literally or figuratively. I rarely ever find any split ends now that I'm started taking better care of my hair. And, longer hair can be worn in updos that shorter hair cannot be, so in that sense long hair can be shorter than actual short/medium length hair can be.
Sure, her hair doesn't look like it's in the best condition, but it's still pretty. And just because some people's hair looks bad when it's long, doesn't automatically mean that nobody can have healthy AND long hair. I bet that most of the people in the comments wouldn't change their mind if they were shown a picture of someone who had the healthiest long hair in the world. They'd just laugh and call it "fake". That's what bothers me.

ETA:
"Whenever I see a woman who has grown her hair to Crystal Gale’s length, I itch to sneak up and cut off a foot."
Someone in the comments must be asking to be murdered...

ETA 2:
Just realized someone's bumped the thread after 2 years. :p

Tristania
July 9th, 2015, 04:42 PM
I got through about three comments before I had to stop. Then again, I should have expected no less from a website with that title. The poor Hollywood-brainwashed sheeple have no idea what real hair looks like anymore.

Aderyn
July 9th, 2015, 05:41 PM
That thread bumping.

The comments are so rude and ignorant. I think her hair looks fine, it seems like she was going for a tousled-messy look and her ends look okay. I figure it's the bleaching on her ends that make her ends look a bit meh.

I do think jealousy plays a part - I guarantee you if (a lot of) these people would put down their overly abusive hair "care" methods and actually had healthy hair care habits that allowed their hair to grow healthy, long and strong, they would be singing a different tune.

I also think it's annoying how much hate is leveled at fairytale ends and/or taper.

Lady Mary
July 9th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Old thread but... The secret to the internet is-

Never read the comments section.

:p LHC not included of course.

Frankenstein
July 9th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Up until recently my hair was very similar to hers (probably thinner though) and I too had what the commentors are calling "ratty ends" so to see those comments makes me sad. However, I think her hair is so stunning and it makes me regret cutting mine :p At the end of the day you should do what you want with your hair for you and no one else.

yahirwaO.o
July 9th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Yeah some people go to internet pages, gossip and take out frustations on whatever or whoever is written about in nasty manner article.

On the other hand, she is clearly a queen of good feedback on Spanish Vogue and other Sanish online magazines.... My opinion, she is beuatiful and her hair is natural and fanstastic!!!!!

meteor
July 9th, 2015, 08:05 PM
.... My opinion, she is beuatiful and her hair is natural and fanstastic!!!!!

^ I totally agree! :agree:
I actually think she kind of channels the young Jane Seymour a bit with that super long straight flowing, very simple, natural hair...
To be honest, I think she has one of the best manes that I've seen on any of the current celebrities in a long while anyway :hmm: ... and how incredibly refreshing to see a celebrity without massive extensions and/or over-the-top backcombing/curling. What a beautiful and rare sight, indeed! :applause

yahirwaO.o
July 9th, 2015, 08:14 PM
^ I totally agree! :agree:
I actually think she kind of channels the young Jane Seymour a bit with that super long straight flowing, very simple, natural hair...
To be honest, I think she has one of the best manes that I've seen on any of the current celebrities in a long while anyway :hmm: ... and how incredibly refreshing to see a celebrity without massive extensions and/or over-the-top backcombing/curling. What a beautiful and rare sight, indeed! :applause

I know right! She does have that natural good healthy 70's flow. And you said it, pretty much everytime you catch someone labed as a celebrity, famous or whatever with long hair, its to the point looks so artificial or overly prom type look that just looks way too much!!! :toast: Yeah really refreshing!!!!

hinabelle
July 9th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Just wondering, but has anyone ever heard any reasoning behind the variations on "I want to cut your long hair off"?
What drives people to feel that way, and further, say that they feel that way? I have never felt the urge to cut off
someone's hair. It sounds so ridiculous, rude, and creepy. :shrug:

Aderyn
July 9th, 2015, 11:38 PM
The only two reasons I've encountered for said sentiment is if someone has a ****** or if someone is ultra-judgmental/controlling (of course, they failed to elaborate on this).

ghost
July 10th, 2015, 12:38 AM
I think she looks lovely, and her hair is very pretty. Tapered ends or no tapered ends, her hair looks smooth and shiny. And her outfit is cute, too!

Wusel
July 10th, 2015, 01:18 AM
I love this messy look. I'm sure it's done on purpose. It's definitely her hair and she wanted it to look like this. Natural and messy with fairytales and flyaways. I LOVE IT!!!

tigress86
July 10th, 2015, 02:40 AM
I really like her hair, I have some of her photos pinned to my hair inspiration board on Pinterest. I was shocked when I read those comments.

flickm
July 10th, 2015, 06:14 AM
Some of you are just as bad as the comments :) I think her hair is gorgeous. It's difficult for very long straight hair to look immaculate, and hers seems fine as well - probably it got a bit blown around as she was arriving at the venue.

Nymphony
July 10th, 2015, 06:37 AM
I think her hair looks lovely but at the end of the day her hair is her own and it's her opinion that matters the most anyway :shrug:.

slynr
July 10th, 2015, 06:54 AM
I love her hair so much. I would be extremely happy if mine looked like that. Its gorgeous!

*ReiKa*
July 10th, 2015, 09:12 AM
I like her hair, I don't mind the taper, and I don't think it looks *that* messy as someone said. I've seen hair healthier than hers looking an absolute mess of frizz and dullness.

And also, I don't think that ALL the comments come from jealousy.
There are people out there that truly think that hair that long is unattractive, I met a lot of 'em. They don't speak out of jealousy, they just think that hair beyond a certain lenght is just plain ugly.

wilderwein
July 10th, 2015, 10:31 AM
I like her hair, I don't mind the taper, and I don't think it looks *that* messy as someone said. I've seen hair healthier than hers looking an absolute mess of frizz and dullness.

And also, I don't think that ALL the comments come from jealousy.
There are people out there that truly think that hair that long is unattractive, I met a lot of 'em. They don't speak out of jealousy, they just think that hair beyond a certain lenght is just plain ugly.

While I dont disagree, I also know people who think that long hair is ugly becouse they never managed by themselvs to grow their hair. There was one girl who would destroy her hair everyday and had a total mess of hair, and yet she would find longer hair unhealthy etc. Till she stopped damaging her hair and grew her hair to almost classic! At that point she wouldnt comment anymore on ANYONES hair.

So even tho my romantic side hopes that ALL this people wouldnt be really jealous [and mean in my opinion], I tend to see that realistacly!
She is a beautiful woman, with gorgeous hair! Now if someone really disliked her hair, he/she wouldn't even comment on it (couse in my personal opinion its unnecesary, its not politics or something life changing). But when someone feels that somehow their looks and standars of beauty are threaten by that woman then they will try to find stupid reasons to make her look "good but not that great"

Now if someone really dislikes that kind of hair and feels the need to express it, then I'm sorry but as many people already mentioned it, its probably already brain washed. Couse I mean they all dislike the quality of her hair right? Not the actual length. Well they are the same people who will see a bleached head with green or purple dye and they will be like "GORGEOUS". And I'm sure that, that kind of hair will be more damaged. At least I know that mine due to bleaching it's in a worse condition, (and I dont plan to cut it any soon!)

ps. Hopefully I dont sound like arguing :lol: it's just that I really hate any kind of negativism and I dont really find any good reasons for people to be negative. And thats why I love this forum, couse we are all more open minded :flowers:

Night_Kitten
July 10th, 2015, 11:32 AM
She does have beautiful hair :)
Yes, it could use a comb-through, but hey, the red carpet can be a windy place (unless done inside), so completely understandable... I like the "messy" natural look more than if she'd walk through the wind and arrive with every single hair in place (just wouldn't look "right" in my opinion)

P.S.
Didn't bother reading the comments, just stared at her hair, LOL

DeadlyUnicorn
July 10th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Just wondering, but has anyone ever heard any reasoning behind the variations on "I want to cut your long hair off"?
What drives people to feel that way, and further, say that they feel that way? I have never felt the urge to cut off

I have no idea why people say that... They're just plain nasty people imo because it's such a mean thing to do to someone. Wanting to destroy someone else's years of patience and work... :rolleyes:

missrandie
July 10th, 2015, 01:48 PM
You know, I don't think people realize how nasty they are really being when they say something like that. If the shoe was on the other foot, it would be vastly different.

Also, I think Lena has now become my hairspiration! Though I will definitely wear mine up more than she seems to. I love how her hair is exactly how she wants to show it off at events.. long and flowing, with no craziness done to it.

luxurioushair
July 10th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Haha, they are soooo jealous it's sad. She looks great and she must've worked to get her hair in such good condition.

meteor
July 10th, 2015, 03:06 PM
ETA:
"Whenever I see a woman who has grown her hair to Crystal Gale’s length, I itch to sneak up and cut off a foot."
Someone in the comments must be asking to be murdered...

ETA 2:
Just realized someone's bumped the thread after 2 years. :p

I have never heard of the reasoning, but I do know of "hair piranhas" gangs issue in Venezuela (to sell for extensions): apparently, it's bad enough that "President Nicolas Maduro has declared war on the Pirahnas by ordering an investigation into "mafias that cut off young women's hair"." - http://news.sky.com/story/1135448/piranha-gangs-hack-womens-hair-in-venezuela

Also, this reminds me of a video where a lady with super-long hair (record length in Ukraine) was sharing her DIY hair masks on a TV show (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYwB60g2fEc), and she mentioned how once a woman was following her around for a while and then simply cut off her super-long braid when she was a kid. :bigeyes: Everybody was shocked to hear that, but she was even incredibly gentle and gracious about that scary memory.

So yeah, to try and answer your question, hinabelle, I would think it's out of either criminality (to steal and resell on the black market) or out of strange meanness or maybe even mental health issues?

curlylocks85
July 10th, 2015, 08:15 PM
When I saw her hair, my first thought was how gorgeous she is. I do not agree that her hair looks unhealthy. I think they do not know much about real hair. I think they are confusing her natural texture for damaged hair. The texture, to me, looks the same from the top all the way to the ends. She and her hair are radiant. There will always be people who will make negative comments, but what they fail to realize, is there approval is not desired nor required. :happydance::disco::cheer::joy::cheese: