PDA

View Full Version : I got a kick out of this

TheLuckyLurker
November 18th, 2013, 08:10 PM
The other day I was in Walmart to buy more conditioner. As I was picking up my Suave Almond Shea Butter conditioner I happened to glance across the isle at the Pantene, and I saw a giant bottle of conditioner that actually had the phrase "CO WASH" on the label. It's official ladies: co washing is now mainstream. Or at least, a big enough trend for a major corporation to market to :cool:.

kganihanova
November 18th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Oh the pantene naturals stuff? Yeah. That's always been there. Co washing is a pretty widespread thing among some/most curlies, but I'm sure you knew that. You're 3b right?

Shibe
November 18th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Not everyone knows these shampoos are out there. Some stores I go to don't have natural shampoo stocked. :shrug: Besides, a lot of curly haired people don't know about co wash.

ErinLeigh
November 18th, 2013, 10:34 PM
When I see mainstream finally pick up on a "fad" the first thing I do is get excited because that usually means something new and innovative is coming down the pipes from the underground.
You know like first we had CONES! then you hear WEN! Then COWASH.! Just keeps getting better as people get creative. SO now that its mainstream strong whats next....
washing with Ice cream??? Cant wait to see what the next big miracle for hair is :) Have a feeling we have to run all the way thru the oil fad first though before the next BIG Buzzword thing comes out.
But it always does. Yea for hair experiments

curiouslight
November 18th, 2013, 11:06 PM
The Pantene co-wash stuff is actually what I'm using, since I looked at all the conditioner and got a bit overwhelmed! I figured I'd just go with the obvious choice. So far it's working pretty well. :)

spirals
November 19th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Yep, oiling hair and skin is a trend now, too. There's an article in one of the main fashion mags; I forget which. It might be Glamour. I predict catnip will be the next.

schnibbles
November 19th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Yeah, it used to be that all oils were bad and should be avoided. Now it's argan oil, like everywhere you look. I remember when they found the deceased Whitney Houston in the bath tub, the news made a point multiple times to mention that she had a gravy boat filled with olive oil in there with her and she did that every night. What a strange and novel idea.. ! (E News made it sound weird or something)
Once the big brands like Pantene (and the Ever Pure/Sleek line from L'oreal) start marketing twords these trends, we can definitely expect more changes coming down the pike...they will want to stay on-trend.